i think this is the right place for this.

• so..i was tried of working my *** off (literally) and seeing no results. My friend told me about the MediWeightloss Clinic. She's lost 70lbs since February. I was amazed at her results. (I know not everyone is the same) I went in Tuesday and had my first consultation, physical, shots, etc. I am really excited about this. I know I may not be able to get results like that but they assure me i will be able to lose the weight. its a pretty strict diet for the first week. im on day one and its going ok. im so used to eating crap and not counting my calories that i never thought how it was effecting my body and mood swings. I dont know if anyone else here has used this clinic, but i'd like to get your feedback on it.
  • What were they injecting? Just curious - I always wonder what these clinics are putting into peoples bodies.
  • When i get home i will type it all out
  • 1. MIC injection: methionine, inositol, choline, chromium chloride, b12
    2. Vitamin B1 & B6 injection
  • Have no clue about it, but am interested to see your progress! Good luck!
  • Quote:
    methionine, inositol, choline
    Do you know what these things are? Or what they do?

Also curious!
  • Did you actually get tested to see if you were deficient in any of these vitamins? I recently got tested for various things including Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. My Vitamin B12 was perfect but vitamin D was low so doctor prescribed a pill for me to take.

I know people who are extremely low in vitamin B12 are often prescribed vitamin B12 injections but for most of the population, an OTC supplement will suffice.
  • Quote: Do you know what these things are? Or what they do?

Also curious!

Methionine is an amino acid. It acts as a lipotropic agent to speed up the removal of fat within the liver and to prevent excess fat buildup through out the body.

Inositol is related to the Vitamin B family. As a mild lipotropic agent, it is used to help with weight loss.

Choline is also related to the Vitamin B family. It helps the body utilize fats and support weight loss

@nelie they did blood work. they use these injections (twice a week) along with a strict calorie count each day.
  • I lost 10lbs in the month of may...doing it by myself..So far 5.8lbs down from my first weigh-in. I can feel a difference in my energy levels and how i feel overall. My pants are getting baggy. Im literally having to pull them way past my waist to keep them up. (they still end up giving me what i call saggy *** haha) i am going to try on some of my smaller pants today and see if they are snugg. I also need to take pictures so i can record the success.
  • Hi, Tinz. I'm curious about this. Can you give me an idea of what you eat on this plan and what the calorie count is?
  • well its a mostly a protein diet. so lots of meat. they have me on a 700 calorie diet. eggs, turkey bacon, chicken breast, boneless pork chops etc...i get to add veggies and fruit to my diet this week. never thought i'd be so happy to eat broccoli. Lots and lots of water. even when i was calorie counting i couldnt eat 1000 calories a day. so i stay pretty much full. and i still have lots of energy
  • Quote:
    im so used to eating crap and not counting my calories that i never thought how it was effecting my body and mood swings.
    I'm sure if you'd been able to count calories and restrict, you would have been more successful. Sometimes weight loss clinics provide the structure and pressure and the education (like, now you've learned protein keeps you fuller longer!) to keep you motivated

I'm glad you don't regret your decision, but I'm sure a time will come when you will definitely be able to do it on your own
  • once i hit my goal im sure i can do it on my own. and you are right i need the structure from the clinic. i've tried many ways and ended up gaining more than i lost.
    and thank you
  • I like the structure of a clinic too. It keeps me motivated and accountable. I have a great support team and I've learned a lot.

Way to go! Keep it up and keep us updated!
  • 1 pant size down. HELLLL YEAH!!!!! *does a lil dance*
    i havent been able to wear a size 20 in 4 years or better.