3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   How often to weigh myself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/203760-how-often-weigh-myself.html)

Tanyab87 06-05-2010 12:20 AM

How often to weigh myself?

I can't help but weigh myself everyday when I get home...any tips to stay away from the scale??/

Shytowngal 06-05-2010 12:26 AM

Put it somewhere really annoying to get to. On top of a very high place that requires you getting out a ladder or step stool to get it down to weigh.

My best friend threw away her scale and only weighs when she is at my home which is every week or every other.

Tanyab87 06-05-2010 01:58 AM

Thx for the suggestion!! I try it.

mortonpixie 06-05-2010 08:53 AM

I don't know... I weigh myself every morning. It helps to keep me accountable and keeping up the DAILY things needed to see a good number at the end of the week.

Personally, I only record my number on Monday. I do know some that record each daily weigh in, then divide by 7 for a weekly average at the end of the week.

Best wishes for you with your goals!!

SisuInWI 06-05-2010 09:45 AM

I only step on the scale once a month. I've learned that the scale contributes to mind games for me, so I go more by how my clothes are fitting and how I feel. It's very gratifying to not be obsessed by a number. It's what works for me.

fcmonroe 06-05-2010 09:56 AM

I weigh everyday. It's part of my morning routine. I don't worry too much about 1 or 2 pound increases, I try to concentrate on the long term trends. When I don't weigh everyday, I forget to weigh at all and that starts some very bad things!!

gerly1 06-06-2010 10:51 AM

I weigh usually every day in the morning right after I get up and go potty. I don't let the up a pound or a few ounces bother me. I also find it helps keep me accountable on my loss or gain.

frog princess 06-18-2010 08:11 AM

I also weigh every day. Because I graph my daily weights I know the patterns of ups and downs and don't get distressed by periodic weight gain. It helps me know when to stock my purse, LOL. Seeing gaps in my weight chart which mean I've been avoiding (even unconsciously) the scale is my first indicator that I am falling off the wagon.

JoJoJo2 06-18-2010 09:25 AM

I weigh every day too. It helps keep me focused and firmly on plan. This works for me.

Stella4 06-18-2010 10:17 AM

I weigh in 3 times a week at the centre I attend.

It keeps me accountable and allows me to track progress in my journal.

DhaniCauldwell 06-18-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcmonroe (Post 3325352)
I weigh everyday. It's part of my morning routine. I don't worry too much about 1 or 2 pound increases, I try to concentrate on the long term trends. When I don't weigh everyday, I forget to weigh at all and that starts some very bad things!!

I do this as well. : )

:queen: Dhani :queen: