3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Late night munchies? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/198908-late-night-munchies.html)

lostinstaticx 04-08-2010 11:52 PM

Late night munchies?

I feel a bit guilty. I just had a bit of the leftover pasta from dinner last night. I know that you're really not supposed to eat at night, but it's often when I'm most hungry. Are there any light, filling foods that would be okay to eat later in the evening?

Cglasscock1 04-09-2010 12:22 AM

If you are a sweet lover like me, I keep on hand the pudding cups like the Strawberry Cheesecake or the Chocolate mousse. They help with the sweet cravings at night. There is a great variety of the smaller rice cakes with great flavors like caramel corn.
Another thought, make sure you are eating enough during the day. It can be difficult to tell real hunger from cravings so don't go too low on your calorie intake during the day.
Good luck!

glenlorie 04-09-2010 01:20 AM

OMG! I soooo know what you mean!! I got use to eating late at night during my two pregnancies and it caused me to gain a lot of weight. I try to drink a lot of water a few hours before bed (it does make me have to tinkle during the night quite a bit) but it helps keep me full. I still have bad days though, I try to keep jello cups, 100 calorie snack packs, carrots, and pickles just in case I get hungry. I also like those 100 calorie bags of popcorn and every once in a while I will sneak a popsickle. Night eating has been my hardest thing to beat, but it's been about two weeks now and I'm starting to not "feel the urge" so much. I hope this helps. Good luck sweetpea!

Momma Ghost 04-09-2010 01:25 AM

when im wanting sweets at night i usually choose fat free popcorn or low fat oatmeal. or sweet potatoes fill you up, they are sweet, and sooo good!

MyBestYear 04-09-2010 05:44 PM

You're not supposed to eat at night??? Whoops! lol

I have lost 35 lbs and counting by eating almost exclusively at night. It is my trigger time, the time when I am most hungry, the time when I feel most satisfied eating, so I save most of my calories for the evening.

It is all about calories in/vs calories out, in my opinion. I eat very lightly during the day and the bulk of my calories in the evening.

Just sayin', it doesn't have to be all or nothing with night eating :)

giselley 04-09-2010 05:50 PM

Can you shift eating hours around? The times I mean? Europeans (I am told) often eat dinner around nine p.m. Or why not do the 6 small meals rather than 3 big ones?

highflyer 04-17-2010 01:29 AM

I keep 100 calorie snack packs on hand. I take some in my lunch to work but I also snack on them at night if I'm feeling hungry. Sometimes I find they're just enough to satisfy my cravings.

Belease 04-21-2010 09:42 AM

It sounds really spartan, but what about a raw carrot? They're sweet, crunchy, big and filling, and low in calories AND they're actually giving your body vitamins and nutrients. I sometimes end up gnawing on a carrot if I get hungry.

Landon68w 04-21-2010 07:18 PM

Generally, the rule of the thumb is to not eat anything within 3 hours of your bedtime. So if you do usually go to sleep at 1 a.m. this would mean no food intake after 10 p.m.