3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doing our own thing #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/19761-doing-our-own-thing-4-a.html)

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 10:13 AM

Doing our own thing #4

Are you all with me?

Good! We are picking up some steam now with Fall coming upon us. Time to get ourselves organized and ready for the winter.

Let's chat!

Welcome to our new friends, DeadNurseWife and BrighterDays!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Tiffany

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 10:22 AM

Ok, now that the thread is up and running, I can try to focus on posting some thoughts.

As far as the Sept 11th baby, maybe I am weird but I see that as a symbol of hope and of life continuing and moving on.

As far as my DIET goes, (trying to keep up with the subject at hand) I did VERY well yesterday and planned out my menu today, which sometimes helps me. Leaving room for snacks at the end of the day, if I still feel like I need them. I plan a good healthy menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner and some daytime snacks, and sometimes I just don't eat my snack and save it for later in the day. Some people don't like the routine of planing their food out, and I don't ALWAYS like that, but sometimes, when things are getting out of hand, I like the FORMALITY of looking at the sheet and seeing my meals there and my calories/points on the sheet. Plus, it really does help me while I am at work to take my lunch and snacks, so I am not tempted to eat out. (Duh, like I'm not ALWAYS tempted to eat out.)

Anyway, I agree with whoever mentioned the cooking. I love to cook in the winter, big pots of soup, and casseroles. I need to find my recipes from WW. I have a great one for Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli, that I substituted Green Giant Crumbles for the ground beef, and after cooking in that heavenly broth for so long, you can't tell it isn't real beef. Lots of beans, tomatos, carrots, onion, spice....a little pasta....yummy. And it makes a TON. I'll have to dig it out.

Anyway, I will be checking in on you all, things are good here at work so far. Slow, KNOCK ON WOOD.

Hugs to my buddies. (I am too lazy to go back through the old thread to do shoutouts.) Y'all know I love you.
Tiffany

SEMO 09-04-2002 10:31 AM

Tiff, when you dig out that recipe please share. I could eat soup seven days a week when the weather is cool. I love Olive Garden soup and salad lunches. We don't have one within 150 miles mind you, but we stop there when we can while traveling. Funny, but I never want or even think about soup or chili during warm weather.

Something weird about my computer today, I keep typing and the darn thing just mis-spells everthing. :dizzy: Having one of those days I guess.

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 11:00 AM

I'll do that when I get home. I have it tucked away somewhere. With the rest of my dusty recipes. :D

Ahhh, I LOVE Olive Garden. My FAV. And if you hear a rumor that a woman looking somewhat like me and a handsome man were indulging at Red Lobster and having drinks last week, it is a HORRIBLE, UGLY lie. :D

Oh Semo...I think that your problem can be attributed to User Error. LOL....happens to the best of us!

Ahhhh...what a glorious day. Semo, where in Missouri are you? Close enough to run over to Silver Dollar City and get me some Kettle Corn? Naahhhh, never mind. I don't need it. LOL

Tiff

SEMO 09-04-2002 11:03 AM

Tiff: I'm on the other side of Missouri, Southeast thus SEMO. How about you, what part of the state?

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 11:21 AM

DANG. I was secretly hoping that you WERE near Branson. My best friend in the world lives there and I go there often. I thought maybe I would pop in and have lunch with you. LOL...

I am in the heart of Illinois. About 3 hours from St. Louis and about 2.5 hours from Chicago and about 2 hours from Indianapolis. So, I can go all directions. LOL....

And Semo, I like your sig line. Great quote. That really applies to all areas of our lives, not just dieting.

Ok, this feels like Friday to me, that will hurt me tomorrow. LOL, when I have to get up and realize that it is only Thursday. YIKES!

Tiff

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 11:27 AM

Hi All!
I'm sneak'n in here real quick before I have to pick up my little one from kindergarten. I went to the grocery store. It's not such a horrid place w/o kids. :) I filled the grill propane one last time, and picked up food to cook on the grill. DH usually helps with the grilling. Gotta like that.
I think I need to take measurements...weight staying the same, but jeans are loose. hmmm.
Semo, I would have never figured out that one...Southeast MO. doh!
Off to fetch the kidlen...

Dyanm1 09-04-2002 11:38 AM

I wanna play.....I wanna play.......

Tiff ~ I agree with you on the whole baby thing. Hope springs eternal. Okay. nough said. Have you been drinking the debil juice? I know ya hate, but you yourself said that you cold tell the difference. Speaking of water, having you been keeping up the tally on the challenge? I know I've blown it too many days. :( . Oh well, what cha gonna do? I'm just gonna jump back on the wagon.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off. Have to take DH to the aiport for his interview and watch the kids. I'm hoping against all hope that I'll be able to stay OP. Sometimes home is an evil, evil place :devil: . Snack foods keep whispering my name.....I swear. Everytiime I walk past the kitchen I hear them, dddyyyyaaannn.....dddyyyaannn. Yikes, I have to run not walk past that room which is possessed by the debil snacks!

Other than that, life is grand. Kaleigha is rolling over and even gets on her hands and knees. I tell ya, it takes everything I have not to pull her legs out from under her :s: . Evil mommy........She's too young to mobile, damn it.

Sounds like everyone's having a pretty good day. Hello......can anybody come out and play?

SEMO 09-04-2002 11:39 AM

Tiff, if your from the city that the tornado went through a few years back then we're not so far apart. In fact DH and I go there to the Lee outlet store about once every six months to restock his bluejeans.

Hi Tigerlily, do take your measurements, I was at a stall for several weeks weight wise but was losing inches at the same time. I really don't care what I weigh I just want to wear a loose twelve.

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 11:47 AM

Hi gang. Dyan, I AM drinking the Debil Juice. I can hear that guy in Waterboy saying, "YOU can DOOO IT, You can do it ALLLLL night long." :D

And I am keeping up on the tally. Cafe is MIA lately and with Jello gone...and Kayla out....we are dropping in number. I will update tonight when I get home, it's all on disk and I will post the updated totals tonight sometime. Ok?

Ahh...the only reason I drank the water today, is that my throat gets so dry while answering all these calls and the water helps better than hard candy. I actually sucked one down my throat a few days ago and thought I was done for. LOL....

But I am to stubborn to die over a piece of candy for craps sake.

Tiff

Dyanm1 09-04-2002 12:07 PM

Too stubborn to die....bbbaaahhhhaaaaa:lol: , espeically over a piece of candy. Can you imagine the headlines?

Man, I've gotten 48oz this morn and am doing the dance :dance: .

Gotta gggooooo

SEMO 09-04-2002 02:17 PM

WHAT I returned from lunch and no new post. What's up with that?:shrug:

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 02:38 PM

We are all full of water and resting up. LOL, or else we are full of something else. LOL....I am sleepy now, after lunch. I need a nap, waiting for my second wind to kick in. LOL...

Not looking good. No wind in sight. :faint:

Tiff...
Fighting to stay awake.

Anyone have any great websites that they like? Maybe I can check them out.

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 02:43 PM

American Idol has a website:p I'll be glad when it's over so I can quit obsessing about it. Then maybe I can get back to obsessing about my "way of life". :lol:

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 02:45 PM

I'm still having trouble...what is better for me....natural or fatfree? I have more time to ponder this issue when I'm grocery shopping w/o the kids. Me, standing in the isle, reading labels. Looking like a deer in the headlights.

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 02:50 PM

I am ashamed to say I have not seen American Idol, but kept up with it through People magazine and the radio, etc.

Wow, Tig, that is the question. For me right now, the more important thing is low fat or fat free. I do try to incorporate some natural foods in there as well. Maybe you can try both. See what makes you feel the best. By natural, you mean? Like more whole grains, etc?

By the way, I love to grocery shop at the big stores REALLY late at night on the weekend. I can stand there and read labels to my hearts content.

I want to go to a health food store and just look at what the have there and see what I think. Maybe try some new things.

I'm still looking for a recipe for Lentil Loaf. Anyone have one?

Tiff

SEMO 09-04-2002 02:53 PM

Tiff you didn't say if I was right or not about your location. Didn't want to mention the name of the town on an open site.

Tiger: I'll be glad when American Idol is over but think that there will be a new one starting and if not, then there is Survivor right around the corner. Everytime I say I'm not going to get hooked on those type shows but do.:fr:

Are you guys on WW or some other type weight plan? I may have asked this already but don't remember what you said if I did.

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 02:57 PM

Semo, I PM'd ya

SEMO 09-04-2002 03:06 PM

How cool, never been PM ed before.:D

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 03:12 PM

I don't know what I'm doing. Was trying to limit %fat of all food items to less than 30%, and eat more natural foods....less over-processed items. Not doing to good on that plan right now. I have decreased my snacking. I was really bad. Hidden bags of mini reese cups in the casserole dish, packages of oreo's that no one else in the house knew about. debil food. Last winter I was also on a terrible ice cream kick. We would have a bowl of ice cream every night before bed. Hmm, wonder how I gained so much?
No ones asking, but I'll tell....I live in Northern Indiana, Notre Dame country. President Bush is going to be less than an hour from me tomorrow, giving a speech at the airport. :mouse:
Semo, I hope I don't get hooked on Survivor AGAIN. I do the same thing, say I'm not gonna watch it this time. I've been watching Big Brother a little, but not hooked.
Tiff, did you ever find a Bacon Bro CD? The first time I listened to them, I was starting a running program. Running my little heart out on the treadmill, listening to "a womans got a mind to change". I can't believe I actually got up to running 3miles and let it all go.:stress:That was 5yrs ago. Feels like a lifetime.
I wish I could join the gym again. Maybe next year.

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 03:15 PM

I dont know how that lick'n smile ended up in my post?

Dyanm1 09-04-2002 03:29 PM

Hehe Tig ~ I was just wondering what the heck happened there.

Myself I live in the heart of "Silicon Valley" (big whupped). All that means is everything is freakin expensive and you could get laid off at the drop of a dime :mad: . You should see what people are paying to by a "cracker box" of a house, w/ NO yard even. It's unreal. About 4 blocks from me, they were selling townhouses for $700,000.00!! Can ya stand it? We've been looking Utah (no comments from the peanut gallery, puuullleeeezz) and we found an 8 bedromm, 5 bath, almost 5000sq for something around $200k. We could use the rooms, but who the heck's gonna clean it? Don't look at me :no: , no way no how!!

Keep your fingers crossed for DH tomorrow (job interview), we're both on pins and needles. I have the whole "nervous stomach" thing going on. Not about the interview, but if he actually gets the job. It's gonna mean big changes. The job is about 5-6 drive from here, so I'll be packing up our bags and movin to Beverly, Hills that is.....hehe, okay 20-25 miles from Beverly.....Ya'll know the place. The place with them thar cement ponds. :cool:

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 03:47 PM

I just thought you were licking your lips thinking about Kevin Bacon. HUBBA HUBBA.

I started out doing the 30% fat thing, courtesy of Susan Powter, then slowly started eating things that were more than 30%. LOL, so I stopped that. Now I try to eat low fat as much as possible and I just watch my total calories.

Semo, glad I could make your day by PM'ing you. LOL

Tiff

SEMO 09-04-2002 03:56 PM

Tiger I could use some of that stash today, don't know what's wrong, well yes I do It's close to my TOM, and I want Junk mostly chocolate.

My baby boy (23) just called. He had a job interview with a car dealership and he had to sell the interviewer a stapler. Said that he did a good job too and the guy said that he would buy one. :D Keep your fingers crossed...HE NEEDS A JOB (mamma needs for him to have a job). He has one class on Monday afternoons at 3:30 and then he is doing an independent study. If all goes well, he will grad in Dec with a double major. Woop Eeeeeeee I can't wait until he is up and running on his own. What a $$ drain on the pocket book, my advice to you is make them finance their own college. When parents do it they want to go to school forever. No really I'm glad that we could but now I want to have some fun before I'm to old.

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 04:00 PM

Wow Semo, my honey is a car salesman, and they were so desperate to have him, he didn't have to do anything. High turnover rate and all. They have pretty good incentives and you usually get a commission and then some of the manufacturers offer incentives to the salesman for selling their cars. Plus all kinds of extra bonus type things.

Mike is trying to win a cruise right now. Sell 60 cars in 4 months. Or average 15 a month. He sold 18 his first month, so I am crossing my fingers.

Cruise, Cruise, Cruise. (anyone been on one?)

Tiff

SEMO 09-04-2002 04:56 PM

Boss just left so I have to stay up front at the counter. Chat with you gals tomorrow.

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 04:57 PM

Never been on a cruise. Our big family thing is camping. But, we sold the camper last summer and I had a few too many bad tent experiences to want to do that again. We're wait'n for the right camper to come along. DH builds 'em, so it'll happen. Our last one was an insurance claim deal, but the floor plan was not good for us and beds uncomfortable. Off subject there....no, no cruise.
Yeah, lick'n lips over Kevin Bacon. I loved seeing them in concert and would go again if I could.
Semo, I still keep a stash...only now it's peppermint patties in the freezer....break of a piece here and there....eat the whole thing if it's that kind of day.:dizzy: Only 3grams of fat in the big size.:s:

Tiffany123 09-04-2002 05:40 PM

I don't have a stash of any kind. I can't do it. I bought Mike a bag of Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups one time, and he forgot to take them to work and I ate the whole :censored: bag.

Nope, no stash for me. Doesn't stay stashed long. I don't keep hardly ANY junk in the house. I get the munchies in the evening and if I open the cabinet and there isn't anything there, then I can't eat it. If there is...I will eat it. NO willpower what so ever. :dz:

Well, this has been a busy day. I feel like this little guy. :hyper:

Well, *stretch* I think I will sit here and relax.

Tiff

Tigerlily 09-04-2002 07:04 PM

The grill is fired up...but I don't know why I was think'n DH would help. Oldest son and DH will be at ftball practice until 7pm. Brain Fart. So, I guess I'm grill'n solo. I soaked sweet corn all day, throw'n on some baked potatoes, and steaks. My plan is to pig out on the corn. Hope it's tasty.
My pants are feel'n extra baggy. They are size 18 Levi's. I was "filling them out" last winter. But, the 16's don't seem roomy enough. I should make myself wear the 16's...extra reminder all day not to over-eat. I don't have any 14's left in jeans...maybe a couple skirts. I'd love to get into a comfortable 12. I think someone else said the same.
Off to grill alone:( Oh well, at least it's a nice evening. The little kidlen will help.;)
Oh, about the peppermint pattie stash...the flavor is so strong, I can't eat them all....too much peppermint, tummy ache...so, just a little gives me my chocolate/sweet fix.

brighterdays 09-04-2002 11:09 PM

Hi all!

Hi everyone!

Just got a chance to get on....took me awhile to read all the posts to catch up! Wish I could get on at work but I have too many eyes over my shoulder and they would probably be composing my posts before long! would not be my own work, you know....

Kelly won! Kelly won! Kelly won! for those of you who missed American Idol.... She is a little sweetheart from Texas who won all our hearts! and what a voice! :eek: The girl is amazing! It looks like they are gonna do it all over again next year again since this show made such a splash!

I walked a mile on the track tonight...that's progress for me in this heat! And I drank the water today so I guess I had a two point day. I'm still getting the hang of the eating, but it hasn't been too bad. Breakfast and lunch are OP but I have problems with afternoon and evening---I'm hooked on a 70 cal frozen fudge bar with no fat but I can't just eat one. At least it is only 1 WW pt. but I can eat 3-4 a night. Not sure if I should stop buying them or just limit myself....what IS the healthy thing to do? Save points for them, try to only eat 1-2 per day or just stop buying them?

I think I'll hang my favorite button fly jeans in full view and keep trying them on until they fit! I saw in a magazine where you hang this decorative hook outside your closet door (theirs had a metal flower on it) and that is where you put what you will wear the next day (kinda an organizational thing). Mine will be for what I WILL wear soon... a reminder of what I use to wear :D

Gotta go...time for bed. Have a great Thursday everyone! Friday is just around the corner...

:flow1: :flow2: :wave:

"Bright"

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-05-2002 12:19 AM

Helllooooooo my chatty girls!!!! hehehe!!!

boy...when im on top of things and checking in a whole bunch no one posts...but when EVERYONE posts im running late on checking in!! craaazy!!!!

well anyways....Right after school today( which was an awesome day if i might add) i went to the gym for a work out..and then i went to subway for supper (6 grams of fat or less!!!) Then i had a meeting for the Christian drama club i am volunteering for....i am the teacher for grades 1-6...and another lady..and friend of mine...well shes like 36..but shes still a friend from church....shes kind of the head person and she is doing the grades 6-12....im so excited we start tuesday!!!!

Then i was sitting on my computer and a couple of my friends came to the door and asked if i wanted to go for a run with them.....so we alternated between walking a block and jogging a block for about a mile..it was sooo funn...we laughed the whole way!!!!

Tiff, Well well well........i got nothing!!! i cant remember anything from the old post! so have a good day! luv ya lots!!!

Semo and Huntress.........I will now refer to you as Mama #1 and Mama # 2!!! haha!!!! you guys are great!!! never stop smiling! and never give up!!! we can all do it!! i know we can!!!

Tig, i dont have TIME for any sports! i would love to do volley ball but with church, youth group, youth group board meetings, singing lessons, the choir i teach, student council, year book, drama club and drama club exec meetings, working out, seeing my friends, HOMEWORK!!! its CRAAAAZY!!!!! but i just couldnt give any of it up for anything!!!

Dyan..hey girl! hope you have a fantastic day!!!

brighter days.....you seem really cool!!!i cant remember what you said to me and im too tired to go back and look at the other thread....so just have a fabulous day!!! hehehe!

well thats it for me!!! oh im talking to my ITALIAN friend!!! hehehe.....but i gotta jet! luv ya all!!!

luv
Kayla

GeTtInG_ThErE2 09-05-2002 12:21 AM

OH YA! about american idol...i havent been home enough to watch it religiously....but i think its an AWESOME opprotunity for all those people and im so happy kelly won! she had a great voice....i have so much respect for all those people who gave it a shot and made it far though...its so awesome that there are things like that because I am a singer and i LOVE music and its so awesome to give some people who might never know the right people to get into the business have a chance at it!!! well gnight!!!

Tigerlily 09-05-2002 08:46 AM

Spank me now. I ate a S'more pop tart for breakfast. I bought one small box yesterday. There are only 4pkgs in the box, everyone in the family got one pkg. But good grief, have I NO WILLPOWER. I actually told myself I wasn't going to eat one when I bought them. HA.
I WAS tracking my food at fitday, looks like I should start that back up again. REALITY CHECK TIME.
Tiff, master of calories, what should my range be? If I weigh 189ish, I'm 5'10", and want 160ish. Ten times what I want to weigh?
Kayla, I was asking about the sports because I think that is was saved me in highschool...mandatory exercise after school every day. I ate poorly back then too, but didn't gain weight until after my "sporting" days. (and child birth :^: )
Bright, I had my bathing suit "hanging out" all spring for motivation....along with a pair of capris I had bought a size too small. The capri's fit now. Guess it's time to pick a new item.:chin:

SEMO 09-05-2002 09:43 AM

I'm so glad that Kelly won last night, knocked me out of doing my exercise but I had to watch.

I'm so happy this morning, scale was in my favor today, oh sorry, Hi my name is Semo and I am an addictive scale hopper. I try not to but I can't help myself, this cyber friendship has paid off in more ways than one.:grouphug: We're like :m: :m: 's , very different but all go nicely in the same package. (pm-sing need choloate- explains the m & m's)

Okay have lots to do today and I better get at it. :twirly: Back later.

Tiffany123 09-05-2002 10:20 AM

Some of the M&M's in this package are NUTS.

:D
Tiff

Morning all, Tig...let me check that range for you!

Kayla, When I called you Queen Snot of Booger Island in my email, it was FOR SURE meant with love.

:)
Tiff

Tigerlily 09-05-2002 10:41 AM

Alrighty then.
I dug out the size 14 kakhi skirt and hung it on the bedroom door. I plan to wear it for Thanksgiving.:D
I got myself back up and running on Fitday, this mornings foods already logged.
And, I'm wear'n my size 16 "snug on my stomach reminder" jeans.
Oh, and I drank too much coffee:hyper: :dance:doing the hyper pee-pee dance.
The latest news, my ten yr old son was asked to be a boyfriend yesterday:eek: You know the drill, a friend of the girl asked him for the girl. I was glad he told me, but did he have to do it while we were driving?!He's so funny, he told me he "didn't see that one coming" :lol: ME EITHER:fr:

Tiffany123 09-05-2002 10:58 AM

Tiger, I am thinking it would be 1150-1500 calories based on your weight range....(according to WW guidelines) I don't have my info here at work with me, so I will have to double check. Anyone have the info with them??

Tig, thanks for the laugh. Kids are so funny. *didn't see that one coming...LOL*

Tiff

SEMO 09-05-2002 11:16 AM

Tiger: Wow that brought back some memories, my boys would always talk to me more when we were in the car. Especially the SEX questions.:yikes: Guess they knew that I couldn't look at them while I was driving. Good thing because I didn't want them looking at me either!!:tied: But we had and still do have a good relationship.

Anyone heard about varying your caloric intake daily, like one day 1100 the next 1500 then 1000, etc. Keeps your body's set point from adjusting to the same thing day after day.

Tiffany123 09-05-2002 11:34 AM

Semo, God Bless Cafe for this link, it was very informative. It talks about varying your calories or WW points daily to confuse your metabolism.

http://groups.msn.com/POINTingMyWay...wendieplan.msnw

Tiffany123 09-05-2002 11:35 AM

Hmmm...I just tried it and it didn't work.

Maybe her page is down. Sorry.

CAFE...I NEEEEEEED you. Do you have the correct link?