General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #1  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Hoping this works!!

Ok, so I think I have a game plan for my weight loss. My cousin recently (without my knowledge) entered my name in a drawing for a free week at Curves. Surprise, my name was drawn! I am excited about going back! My mom and I had gone to Curves a couple years ago when I was on that diet where you took shots and phentermine pills. I was working out alot and eating around 1000 calories a day.

Needless to say I was losing but once I quit the shots, pills, Curves, AND smoking (10-26-06) All that weight flooded back with a vengeance. My plan now is to start back at Curves and give the 400 Calorie Fix a try. Surely with exercising and cutting my caloric intake back to 1200 calories a day, I can lose weight!

It's sad sometimes how that you can go through life thinking things are ok and you really aren't that bad off and I didn't realize I was that far gone until this past week when my husband and I took a vacation to Pigeon Forge. I couldn't even walk around long before my back would hurt and I would have to sit down to rest. Then of course I looked at some of the pictures that we took. OMGravy!!! Talk about a wake up call!!!

I know it's gonna be hard but it has to be done! I am at my heaviest weight ever and I am one of those people who have never been skinny so I don't know what it's like to have been there and then gained. I have always been fat and now is the time to do something about it. I probably should have started sooner seeing as how I am 31 years old but I can't dwell on the past.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY and I am the only one that can do anything about my situation!! Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated!! I really am glad to have found a website where there are people who know how I feel and have been where I am!!

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #2  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

Hi Thinmint I am also in my thirties and am finally serious about getting this weight off. I definetly don't think one is ever too old to get healthy (especially when they are younger than me ) You're right on target to start the exercising right along with the dietary changes, you should see great results.

I also saw some pictures of myself and was like OMG! I hit my heaviest a couple years ago and this is it, It's time to change for good. This forum seems to be great for support and motiviation so I think you will get a lot out of it.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #3  
Endeavor to Persevere

Thanks BigDaddy! I am looking forward to starting this journey and meeting lots of new people!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Good luck to you! One piece of advice though...you don't have to starve at 1000-1200 calories to lose weight, especially if you're exercising. Not know you're stats I can't recommend a level for you, but there are tons of calculators online to help you determine your daily caloric needs. You level should be based on your gender, age, height and weight. You can see my stats and my daily average is 1650 or there abouts.

You can do it!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #5  
Endeavor to Persevere

Thanks ncuneo! Knowing that I can have more than that may make it a little easier. I know without the phentermine pills I couldn't have lived on 1000 calories a day. I will find a calculator and see what it says! Thanks again for the advice
Old 02-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #6  
Endeavor to Persevere

Ok, so I have done some calculating and according to my findings I should weigh between 115-150 for my height and age and based on my current weight, height, age and activity level I should be consuming about 2500-3000 calories a day which in my opinion seems like way too much if I am going to diet. I figure I could try to stay around 2000 and with going to Curves 3x's a week, I should see some sort of result.

I would also like to find a natural detox program that doesn't take weeks and weeks. I think my diet would work a little better if I try to cleanse the toxins from my body first! It makes sense in my head, what do you guys think??
Old 02-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #7  
Endeavor to Persevere

well, I don't even like to see those numbers but the current stats are this...

386/386/200
31 yrs old
5'6"

any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #8  
Endeavor to Persevere

Kelly, thank you so much for all your help and for looking that up for me! I didn't think about the starvation mode but I can see where that would happen. I am gettin ready to start planning out a menu for the week. I am going to try and start doing that. If I can plan it out, I won't have to wonder what I'm gonna eat and run the risk of hitting a fast food joint or something.

Who knew that eating would help you lose weight!?! I have a bad habit of starting something but never finishing it! That has to stop now. If I combined all the weight I have lost over the years into one big loss, I could be at my goal weight already!

Anyway, thanks again for the support and encouragement!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #9  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with everything Kelly said. It took me a long time to figure out that eating more ( and healthier) leads to weight loss. I am losing at a steady rate and eat about 2000 cals a day, burning around 3000 cals a day. Remember, as you lose you will have to cut down on the calories. Where would you go if you started at 1200 a day?

I say, eat em' while you can!

Good luck!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #10  
Endeavor to Persevere

Ok so here's the deal!! My mom and I went to Curves today and while she was busy changing, I lurked around the scale for a bit. I finally decided to get on it!! I was shocked....I asked the lady how off from each other was the scale at the front and the one in the back, she says very little if any SO.....according to the scale I was on today, I have lost 12 lbs. since last week!

Who knows, but it sure did make me feel better and give me a boost of motivation! I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I am most definitely going to need all the strength I can get. I so didn't realize how out of shape I really am!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #11  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I am new to curves too and love it, it keeps me going even when i want to give up. I have so much more energy to keep up with my life now.
Have you considered the curves way of eating? I bought the book on fitness and weight management plan, which is kind of a exchange plan.
I am just so happy that curves is right across the street from where i live, i can go to curves then to work.
great job on the weight loss so far.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #12  
Endeavor to Persevere

I haven't read the curves book in a while. I'm still trying to find something that works for me. In the meantime, I am cutting out sugary drinks, fried foods, stuff like that. I know that will make a difference but after a while I will have to find something else.

I was checking into the Fat Flushing plan and the Super Foods thing. It's almost like I don't want to say the word diet out loud or my body will go into shock and think it has to eat the house down I just want to eat more healthy which is hard to do on a budget but I can do it, I HAVE to do it for my health!!

Thanks for the support!