General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #61  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

I usually weigh myself 3 days after my period because that's the day my doctor says that your true scale weight will show. That really sucks for me since I stay on for sooo long. And another reason I hate periods is because I am never one of those lucky ladies who ends up losing a couple extra pounds when they go off. I mean -- whats up with that?? I guess I should be just glad to get the 5-7 pounds of water weight and be happy with that.

So, anyway, I am not going to get discouraged, I will just hope and pray that I will see 146 (which was my last weigh in).. and then downward from there. That is the EXACT reason why I started taking these pills that allow for 3-month periods...because I could not handle the set backs in my weightloss journey every month. I hate being put on hold for 10 days!!!!!!!! Grrr!

As long as after my period goes off - I still see 146, I will be happy.. I gotta keep telling myself that!!!! Anything less would be great, but I'm not going to even fool myself thinking that --- I know how my body works.. and right now my legs are so big and bloated its crazy. Hoping this fennel tea works!!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-08-2010 at 11:31 AM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #62  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 20 - Cycle 1 / Day 1

===Thoughts During the Day ====
I was just telling myself. Look - There are going to be some somewhat hungry nights and that is fine. I want to break myself from eating close to bed time. Even if its a piece of fruit, I want to stop doing that. A little hunger never hurt anyone. I just keep thinking about a friend of mine who was telling me stories about when he was in boot camp. You have very limited time to eat - so you dont get to eat much... but they do feed you 3 times a day. But as for snacks and dessert and all of that.. Forget about it. He says that yea sometimes you were hungry at bed time but you were so exhausted from all the pt training that you just wanted sleep. He says a lot of people lost alot of weight during this time. But my point is - they did not DIE! A little hunger is not going to hurt me. Control. I need to work on that. Now, I know that the diet is low in calories and when I was doing waaay over the recommended exercise - of course I am going to be hungrier and had to eat a little more so to fuel my body.. but this time around I am going to try to stick as much as possible to what's in the book ... that way I wont have to throw in as much "extra" stuff to compensate for the additional calorie deficit.

As of today - I am in boot camp. I do what the book says - and no extras. The book says 4 meals and 2 snacks are allowed so that's exactly what I'll have. I know a piece of fruit is not going to kill me but... I never was a night snacker and I dont want to be now. As for waking up in the middle of the night and going to eat a piece of grapefruit (like last night).. That is NOW OVER WITH!

Today's Log - Monday

60 minutes cardio

#1 - 1030 (late start this morning..however I like it when I start my first meal later in the morning)

1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 orange / 1 strawberry
coffee w/ stevia
1 bottle of water

1 cup of slice strawberries (yes, I measured.. though I didn't want to. But at this point, there is just no time to play around)

took 100 calories worth of extra lean ground turkey for snack
added that to some lettuce and tomtato from the 3rd meal and made a salad

Up to 4 bottles of water for the day

Exercise - 45 minute TTAPP tape (GREAT for stretching requirement)

lima/black beans mixture 1/2 cup
2 servings of mixed vegetables.

0% Fage w/apple

* fennel tea unsweetened

Soo....its 9:00 and I have pretty much prepared my meals for tomorrow except the rice that I need for dinner but I got some 10 minute brown rice today so I can make that when I get home tomorrow. I'm not going to lie - I could go in the fridge right now and eat the rest of those strawberries or down a grapefruit, but I am not. I am not really hungry at all. The yogurt and apple has to be still in my stomach because I just ate it less than an hour ago... Mind over matter. Do not snack just to snack....especially at night. Its boot camp baby, and the kitchen is closed. You can drink all the water or unsweetened hot tea that you want... but GO TO SLEEP! Your body is well nourished and you will survive the night!

Sweet Dreams Soldiers!
================================================== ========

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-08-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #63  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 21

I need this bloat to go away immediately! My stomach is P-U-F-F-Y!!!

================================================== ===
A.m. exercise - 40 minutes.. have to do the other 40 minutes later

coffee
yogurt & apple

spinach salad with tomato and mushroom

chicken beans

brown rice & veggies.

I dont have a lot of time to update.. My computer access with be a little limited for the next few days or so. I am in the process of getting a new one in my home office. However, I tried posting with my blackberry like before but its not letting me! Sheesh! For some reason I can type in the box, but the save button is missing so I can't actually post what I type!! Grrrr! I have been doing so well with coming every day with updates and now this thing won't let me post from my phone! I am going to try again though.

Had a rough day. This may go down as the ugliest period ever. I am not usually hormonal/cranky..and I dont get PMS... but um...... yesterday was BAD. I just couldn't believe myself. I was fired up one second..and the next second I felt depressed. It was so strange. I had to pray myself out of it.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-10-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #64  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 22 -

ok.. Quickly.

Gym this morning - 30 minute jog (God, PLEASE do not let my hip flare up). I have a lot going on right now so I wanted to get at least some of my workout in this morning..and since it was only going to be 30 minutes, I just decided to jog it out for intensity purposes. I wanted to get the most out of my 30 minutes. I know my "friend" at the gym was probably like WOW SHE'S LEAVING ALREADY??

Yup! Worked out from 415am - 445 am...... Had to Jet.

Took 600 mg of advil this morning, so I pray that stops any inflammation!

OH! I am very sore today from starting my TTapp the day before yesterday. This is good. That means I really worked those muscles to the core. It takes a lot to make me sore, so this is really good. I plan to do it again tonight. I just hate how long it takes!

I am still having a rough time with bloating. I can actually jiggle certain areas and just see the fluid that I am holding. How much fennel tea do I need to drink.

I am thinking about taking some of the starchier things out for a couple of day to get the water out of my system (just a trick I know from low carbing). I will just stay on plan by substituting with things that are on plan.. like lean meat, veggies of course... I just need some of the bloat to go away so that I dont actually have this uncomfortable feeling. Hmmmmmmmm?

Got my whey, yogurt, prepackaged egg beater cartons, beans (had to cook and freeze them up the other day), spinach. Tonight is supposed to be sweetpotato with the chicken and veggies.. I may cancel the sweetpotato.

It says in the book that you can substitute any breakfast for the yogurt concoction..and since my yogurt is lower in carbs...I chose that. (Don't think for a second that I wouldn't rather have oatmeal! I love oatmeal!)

Thinking, thinking, thinking. I have make the plan work me when situations arise.

Getting more ideas from the book.

I will get through this chaotic time and this dreadfrul TOM.

Just never give up.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #65  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 23

Still trucking along. No exercise this morning. I was tired. It is supposed to be 60 degrees today so that makes me hella happy because I may be able to take a "light" job outside ???? The jogging yesterday didn't seem to hurt me, so I guess I can continue. ??????????? I dont know anything for sure right now. Dealing with little injuries is a tad frusturating because you want to do what you have to do to take care of your body, but you dont want to be a slacker either. Sigh. I think the period stuff is winding down...bloat not gone yet ?? What the heck is that about? One day soon I will just ditch all this birth control pill crap and deal with the natural me but right now.. this kind of thing makes a girl CRAZY. This has been a week from ****. Now who wants to go through that every single month?? Sheesh! But it must be done sooner or later!

I have been doing much better with the night time hunger thing. I honestly think that when I start my meals a little later in the morning...it helps. I know I get up early, but if I start eating...say around 6:30 a.m... then 12 hours later its only 6:30p.m and guess what??? If you dont go to bed until late.... 9 times out of 10 you are going to get hungry and end up eating another mini-meal. Think about it. When your body is used to being fed every 3 hours, its going to assume another meal is coming down the hatch.
and the next thing you know, you hear food in your kitchen calling you!!!

Anyway, so just wanted to say the progress that I have had with overcoming that. I'm not saying that it has resolved, but I think I am on to something with eating my first meal between 8am-10am. That way, I just naturally end up having less meals... which means less calories by day's end. Hope that makes sense.

I hate that I dont have the same internet access right now. I am trying to get on here everyday because I have been so diligent about coming here to try to post everything.. all my thoughts... sucesses, hurdles,.. everything. I want to be a great reference for me to come back to... to reflect, to motivate, to keep me in check.

Alright. Well I will end here. Hopefully I will get my computer thing straight this weekend so I will be able to post more. AND I really really really can't wait for the bloat and tiredness to go away so that I can really be back on track. Everything will hopefully return to normal by next week... Let's hope!

Keep going. Dont give up. Life will happen... If you experience an "oooops" dont start over next week or next Monday.. .Just keep going where you left off. Pick up right now and keep going. Do not sabotage yourself. I've been trying to share this with my sister lately. She is a "Monday" starter.. If she goes off plan on Tuesday...then her diet starts over next MONDAY! LOL! Please don't do this. Its only time wasted and gets you further from your goal because then you will begin eating stuff AGAIN that you have no business eating because you know you are "starting on Monday" so you give yourself yet another EAT-ALL-U-CAN fest and it just makes things even worse.

That's all for now. Keep pushing!

And if I can figure out this blackberry thing... I will be back. Sigh.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-11-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #66  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default DAY 24 - Friday

Goooooood Morning!

Well actually its almost afternoon..

Now you can see why I choose to take birth control pills that allow your period to come once every 3 months! Its for this reason! See how long it side tracks me? I try my best to push through during this time but fighting the bloat is so tricky for me. and in the end...? I just have to wait. And just to let you know PATIENCE has not been one of my strong points.

So here we are day 7 and its slowly going away.. but not gone yet.
I call this the peek-a-boo point of my period. You wake up thinking its gone, but its not... Its messing with your mind. I know my doctor says to wait until its completely gone and then weigh 3 days after that but since its been an extra extra long drawn out period... I dont know if I can wait that long to weigh. The longest that I can go is Monday... and I'll just have to accept the weight if I am still a little bloated. What can I say? I like weighing in! Damn! It just seems like its been forever to me...

So that's a couple more days for the water to go away that is lingering on me. I guess out of all of this, I just hate being on hold. I think I wouldn't feel as bad if I got a big reward at the end for my continued effort through the **** week but that's never the case. I always end up right back where I left off! Yuck. 10 damn days and I get to see the same weight I left off with? do you know what progress I can make in 10 days if it was not for my period...? Ok ok. enough. I'm over it. I go through this every time I get my period. I just keep reminding myself that all my exercise did make a difference to my body whether I actually can see it or not.. Maybe all my effort will just make the scale move just a tad faster once this is all over? haha.. Possibly.

So, Monday I'll weigh in, even if there is any lingering bloat BUT THERE BETTER NOT BE and then we'll go from there. I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss the scale! If that thing says anything higher than 146 - I KNOW ME - LOL.. It will just make me push that much harder. So ... we'll see

oh! I got my hands on a laptop for a few days so I should be able to be a little more detailed than the last few days! Yaay!

================================================== ===
Today's Log

- Cardio -
80 minutes total at once.
50minutes on incline trainer & 30 minutes on the elliptical

coffee w/sugarfree cream
1/2 cup eggwhites & spinach w/ 2tbsp yog h.mustard (2grams of fat)

apple

apple
yogurt
spinach

coffee

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #67  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Hi, Dedikayted - how's it been going? I've been off plan the last few days. Started Extreme today. So far so good - just had my egg whites with some salsa and 1/2 a cup of blueberries. But we had a bad storm here in NY and my family was stranded here last night - no trains - so the whole day is messed up driving everyone to church and to the only station the trains are running out of, which is like 25 miles away. Still have to grocery shop, make cupcakes for my son's birthday, get to the library, and make it to the gym. Will be tough.

Hope it's going well for you.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #68  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I got to a computer!!!!

It has been a terrible Smashing weekend.

Long story short I had an "off" weekend. Had my aunt come over. Celebrated her birthday. Day started off great with fat smash foods. Then she wanted some birthday celebration food. So I just could not bring myself to go buy a cake but I told her that I would go buy some low fat icecream and almond crips. So yea.. it wasn't the brownie, cookies, chips, etc etc that she wanted but that was the best I could do and even THAT was too much.
While she was here, no preparation made Saturday also jacked up. Then, my friend comes over and wants to take me out for salads. Ummm. ok. Sounds innocent. Yea... Outback friggin Steakhouse salads..
Great. So long story short. A ceasar salad (there is loads of fat in there) and that DAMN bread... Yeah... My weigh in tomorrow will not be good.

Moving on. I can't dwell on something that has already been done. So we have to take the weigh in and just deal with it and just work that much harder this week.

Well, its late, but I cooked up 5 chicken breasts for the week. I have some beans in the freezer that are already cooked, measured. I got some 90 second Uncle Ben's brown rice packages (hope this is better than those prepackaged cups that tasted like plastic). I am down to my last 1/2 cup of eggwhites so I wil re-up on those tomorrow. OH..and I stopped by the store and got some peaches and plums. I miss those. I used to eat them alot. They are lower in carbs and calories so I really enjoy putting those in my yogurt when I get that for a meal. But all in all I am ready to be back on track tomorrow.

So that's the update. I fell, got up, and am moving on.

This month, from now until April 22nd is a PUSH month for me! There are a few reasons that I have to make things happen! I must must must be 140 by April 22nd. I dont care if i weigh in at freaking 151 tomorrow because of what I ate yesterday. I am back on track and like I said, I have to just work that much harder. I want that "happy" feeling I had when I was in the low 140's before. I want it bad. Bad enough that I am going to have to be super super strict this month which made me think about some things that may be a hinderance.

Plain and simple. Keep things SIMPLE.

Sweetners. Well they are pretty much in everything these days. But I am going to try my best to keep them to a bare minimum. For instance, no crystal light... No sugar free gum, unless truly needed. I'm pretty much ok with my sour 0% Fage greek yogurt with no sweetner.. so that'll be ok. But anyway, I have found that the plainer that things are for me - the less cravings I have. I have found that I get hungrier when I use sweetners sometimes. Like If I were to put a drop of Sweetzfree in my yogurt, its so damn good that I wouldn't mind having more. Know what I mean? No, I dont allow myself to have more, but thats not the point. Being satisfied with the portion that I give myself is where I need my mind.. NOT sitting there thinking about more food. I'm debating about the coffee. I may keep it because I think it actually helps a little with my appetite, but I still need to keep the sweetner at a minimum with that as well.

I love love love my oatmeal with my protein powder... it gives is great flavor. I will evaluate to see if it makes me hungrier or not. If so, I wil keep the oatmeal plain and just roll with it. Like I said, when my food is plain as ****, I stop caring about it as much and its like a freeing experience. I was just noticing that my appetite was a little more than I thought it would be last week and I think that these things will help alot.

Always planning.. Never giving up. I will keep pushing. The next 30 days is going to be awesome. You'll see.

Now let's do this!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #69  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Hi, Dedikayted - how's it been going? I've been off plan the last few days. Started Extreme today. So far so good - just had my egg whites with some salsa and 1/2 a cup of blueberries. But we had a bad storm here in NY and my family was stranded here last night - no trains - so the whole day is messed up driving everyone to church and to the only station the trains are running out of, which is like 25 miles away. Still have to grocery shop, make cupcakes for my son's birthday, get to the library, and make it to the gym. Will be tough.

Hope it's going well for you.
Well, I am sure you saw my not-so-great update.. but I am doing fine. Thank god I have not spiraled but am still in great spirits though I am bloated as all heck. Its ok. All of this is only temporary.

I am so glad you started extreme! Its challenging but its a great plan. I see you have a lot of stuff to take care of so it will probably be best for you to do your preparation ahead of time too. It really helps me a lot. You saw what happened to me when I wasn't prepared.... :-/

Ain't nothing to it but TO DO IT... that's exactly what I plan to do.

One tip that I can tell ya is - track your meals at least in the journal in your book. When you weigh in write it on that page, so that you can see what cycle works best for you / how much weight you lost in each cycle etc etc.

Ok. Well its late, and I want to make sure I am up early tomorrow morning because I plan to start jogging again, Lord willing. Gotta pray on the hip and hope that my body wants to keep up with my mental determination for this next 30 days because I am ready to roll!

Good nite and happy smashing!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-14-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #70  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OK. When I said that even if I'm 151 today I will keep pushing, I was just throwing a number out there. Well hold on to your hats because I just got back from the gym and I weighed in at 152.6....oh yes you read it right.

There is a lesson to be learned. Its not that surprising because I am a person that can literally eat off plan and gain 5 pounds over night. Yes, 5 pounds, so it doesnt surprise me. Yes, its jacked up, but I have to be honest with myself and this is what it is. Am I disappointed? Yes, but ****, I was disasppointed when I was actually eating off plan because I knew that my weight would spike, but hey, I cannot focus on that. I have to just keep it moving.

So... the challenge has begun.
I have 40 days to reach my goal of 139 pounds. Yes 40. So here it is. An aggressive goal, but it can be done.

I'm pumped and ready! Tonight I will be going back to the gym for an hour more of cardio and weights.

Today I start training someone who plans to get married in a couple of months. So I am assisting her with her exercise plan. That will be 2 days a week. So I those days will probably naturally be my 2-a-days in the gym.

Alright. Enough of the talk. Time for my action!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-16-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #71  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 40 days remaining... til my goal deadline

[/B][/U]Monday[/B][/U]

A.M.
40 minute jog / 5 minute walk on incline

Weight: 152.6 (930am)

========================

Meal 1 - 10am
Yogurt
peach or plum
coffee

Snack
1 - 100 calorie chicken breast (baked)

Meal 2
veggie salad w/lowfat dressing

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans
4 oz chicken

Snack
0% yogurt, peach, plum

PM - Workout with the girls
15minute jog
45 minutes weights
Lat pull down, military press, bench press, front shoulder raise, lateral shoulder raise, chicken wings, step ups on bench, jumping jacks.

Meal 5
1 cup spinach
1 cup egg white
*I subbed out the 1/2 cup rice because I wanted the good protein after the strength training workout. Plus, gotta attack the bloat.

Looks like 990 cals / 18fat / 98 carbs/ 128 protein
============================================
There you have it. Tomorrow is 60 minutes of cardio. I want to get that done and over with in the morning... so let me finish up and get to bed!

Pushing the weight DOWN!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-16-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #72  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Dedikayted, you know that your weigh-in was not real. But it will make it fun when it comes back off quickly! You must retain very easily. I was 139 Friday morning. Ate off plan Friday and Saturday, including pizza, cake, ice cream - just really off because of my son's birthday and family in and stuck here with no trains running and running around(and I had planned some of the indulgence, knowing I was going back strict Sunday). Did EFS yesterday and ended up very low-cal(770), and I was down to 138 this morning. So I'm pretty lucky with that.

Had Greek yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, a cheese stick with whole-grain crackers for a snack, and am now having a vegetable salad. I have to get in some exercise today though - really should have done two cardio sessions today but will only get one in. Thought I might get out for a walk at lunch but it's still raining here. I am so impressed with how you always get your exercise in - very inspiring!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #73  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Dedikayted, you know that your weigh-in was not real. But it will make it fun when it comes back off quickly! You must retain very easily.
Yep I retain very, very easily which is another reason that it usually takes a lot for me to stray off plan. I have tested SEVERAL TIMES and the weight gain is always 3 to 5 pounds overnight. Its amazing really. How in the world can I scale jump 5 pounds in one day? Wow! I do hope it comes off fast though. I will push push push!

Quote:
I was 139 Friday morning. Ate off plan Friday and Saturday, including pizza, cake, ice cream - just really off because of my son's birthday and family in and stuck here with no trains running and running around(and I had planned some of the indulgence, knowing I was going back strict Sunday). Did EFS yesterday and ended up very low-cal(770), and I was down to 138 this morning. So I'm pretty lucky with that..
Oh! How I wish that was me! For this kind of bloat, I may as well had all sorts of stuff that's in the back of my mind, like fries, brownies, blondies.. haha.
You are very lucky! You even got to have pizza too!!!! Wow!

Quote:
Had Greek yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, a cheese stick with whole-grain crackers for a snack, and am now having a vegetable salad. I have to get in some exercise today though - really should have done two cardio sessions today but will only get one in. Thought I might get out for a walk at lunch but it's still raining here. I am so impressed with how you always get your exercise in - very inspiring!
Your meals look great so far. You are going to do well! On the days that I can't go twice is when I'll push the one session's minutes up to compensate. This can be tough though. Or I exchange it with the exercise from another day to just make sure I get it all in during the week. Just do what you gotta do to work the plan!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #74  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I am currently washing out the coffee pot and storing it away. I just dumped out my sugar free creamer. I am also chewing on my last piece of sugar free gum.

So hopefully the withdrawals won't be too bad. I remember doing this when I did the original fat smash the first time and I did have some "sweetner" cravings.. cravings for gum... but they soon passed.. It actually makes your taste buds change.. and when they do, its a beautiful thing. You get to enjoy foods in their natural state without all the fixings..which of course helps with weightloss.

So just noting this because this is also just another thing I am officially adding to my 38 day super strict GOAL PLAN!

ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP WILL BE DONE! 139 HERE I COME.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #75  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 39 days remaining. 11 pounds to go

I had to update the number of days that I have left. Found out that I had the wrong day. D-day is April 24th. Its on a Saturday. Hopefully I counted the days right this time.

Dropped 1 pound from yesterday. Cool. 11 more to go.. and I will do it. IN TIME! Got an extra incentive just now on my way to work... There is now $150.00 riding on me reaching 140 .. so the HEAT IS ON!

Got up this morning. In the gym at 5am.

Cardio - 60 minutes

Weight: 151.2 (Down 1.4 pounds)

Switching meals around. Decided to wait until I got to work for the oatmeal so I had the yogurt smoothie meal first.

oH! And no coffee, no sweeteners. Lord, help me! This will do the trick.
Watch this weight just melt right back off of me!

No doubt that I will be back in the 140's VERY SOON!
===============================
Meal 1
0% Fage - 730
1 peach
1 plum

Meal 2 - 11AM
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 sm apple

*splitting my oatmeal up to stretch my meals like I always do

Plus getting used to no sweeteners! Going well. Plain ole oatmeal going down the hatch. A great trick is to cut up your fruit and put it in the bowl with the uncooked oatmeal. When cook it or microwave it, the natural sweetness from the juice will flavor your oatmeal some.

(( I dont mind using the protein powder though I know it has sweeteners.. but just not now while I am going through this detox from sweeteners. ))

Meal 2a
1/4 cup oatmeal 2 plums late! 3:30 (car issues)

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans
1/2 cup eggwhites
1/4 cup brown rice

Snack -5pm
orange

Snack
Brown cow 0% strawberries

Meal 4
egg whites fatfree roast beef
1/2 sweetpotato

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-16-2010 at 08:46 PM.