General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Smile Fat Flush~Week of Aug.19

Just wanted to start the new thread for the week
I'm doing pretty good. I lost the few pounds that I gained with TOM and am back to where I was

I'm trying very hard to stick to the total plan but I think that I will start to intruduce some low carb foods this week for variety.
I tried on some slacks that I had in my closet today and was very happy with how they looked. I think I'm on my way

Linda~~~Keep up the good work. That's great news about your blood sugars going down and also that you are feeling better and lighter.

Sundrop, Annie, Dee, Ramona and Jihan~~~How are you all doing?
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-19-2002 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:49 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

Today I found a different health food store and they actually had Stevia Plus. Wouldn't you know I'd already bought the regular kind but I will put it away for a rainy day. I can't seem to find the Muir Glen tomato products anywhere. This store had their catsup but it has sugar so I guess I'm going to have to make my own. Hopefully my tomatoes will start ripening soon.
I also bought a product called Crave Free which is supposed to do as it says and help reduce cravings for carbs. We will see. Nothing on the FFP no-no list. I'm also taking something called Slim System 8. My Evening Primrose Oil gelcaps have 1000 mg in them. Do you think one a day is sufficient in that case?

I have been posting at the FatFlushPlan forum in ivillage.com and there is a lot of useful info there. The author even answers questions when noone else has the answer which is a plus. They are pretty strict there tho.
Not suffering as much hunger today for some reason. Can't figure out why unless it's because I'm finally getting used to this woe. Here's my (very boring) menu plan. Any tips?
By the way, just assume that I've had the Cranwater Cocktail, the hot lemonade and the regulation number of cranwater drinks throughout the day, ok?
Br.
1 hard boiled egg before my swim
AFter swim, one scrambled egg with chopped zucchini, peppers and green onions. Just a touch of commercial salsa. (1/4 tsp)

Lunch
4 oz chicken breast
mixed salad with lettuce, tomato, gr. onion, cauliflower
1 tbsp flaxseed oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Dinner (planned)
4 oz beef steak sliced thin and stir fried with
peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Cooked cauliflower

Evening snack
Fruit smoothie

Am I doing this right? I still haven't been able to find salt-free broths so I'm going to have to make my own but that can wait until I'm more in the mood.
Is anyone really into the exercise thing? I went to the pool this morning and did a mild to moderate workout in the deep end for about an hour.
Tomorrow I will t ry for 20 min on my recumbant cycle. My problem is I hate doing warm-ups. To me that seems like too much work. Lazy slug that I am.
I have a challenge coming up on Wednesday. It will be my sis's birthday and I'm supposed to take her out to lunch in her town. I'm hoping to find a place where I can get just a grilled chicken breast with salad and dressing on the side. I'd bring my own dressing. Wish me luck.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/327/250

Height: 5'5

Well I was supposed to start on Sat but couldn't find any cran juice so I started yesterday. I felt pretty crappy most of the day. Does this pass? Also, can you drink more than the 64oz of cran-water a day or should I just do water instead for the extra amount.

Have a great day all

Sarah
Old 08-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #4  
GO CANES!

Oh Sil. I havent started yet. I'm so not happy with my self this week.....this stupid "TOM" is out of control, and I have a doctor's appointment next wed. not to mention I really want to read more about this plan so I get it right, so i'm weaning off the coffee and sticking to low carb for now, but I'm DEFINITELY doing this as soon as my body is regulated.....
How is it going for YOU??
Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Fat Flushers
Jihan~~~ i'm so sorry about your TOM problems. It's a b*&ch isn't it? While you are getting it under control, try doing the cranwater, flax seed oil added to your diet because it helps in elimination and fats help to reduce hunger, and wean down on the caffeine and sugar. Then , when you do start FF you will be ahead of the game
I have to admit that I still drink 2 cups of coffee a day.
I really notice a difference if I don't get all my cranwater in. This tends to happen at work some days because I am so busy and constantly walking around (it's a 42 bed unit) and I can't carry my water bottle around with me in the hallways. So, drink, drink and drink.

Sarah~~~Good for you on starting FF As far as the amount of cranwater goes, I think that you would be fine just drinking the 64 oz, and then adding in plain filtered water. What I do is in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon also, i mix plain water with my protein drink (not a shake) , in addition to the cranwater throughout the day. Sometimes I will drink some water with a little lemon juice and Stevia for a cold lemonade, which is also cleansing.
Sarah, in what way do you feel crappy? (Tired? Hungry? Constipated? )Maybe we can help

Linda~~~I know what you mean about the posts at iVillage. There is tons of info there and lots of suggestions. The only thing is that they seem so strict. Which I am not. I need to follow as much as I can on the FFplan, but it has to be liveable also. So, alittle bit of aspartamine or caffeine might find it's way into my body Just don't tell them at iVillage.

As far as your diet plan goes: it looks great! You are still allowed one other fruit (I only see one ) so you could have it as an afternoon snack if you wish. Sometimes instead of a fruit, I will have some fresh veggies and dip them in my flaxseed oil Honey Mustard dressing. So, you don't have to have 2 fruits if you don't want to.

Well, I'm off to fix breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with veggies and one slice of Ezekiel bread. I'm not sure about lunch yet, but my fruit snack will be a white peach.
Have a great OP day you all
~~~Sil
Old 08-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #6  

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and say i'm around. Everyone in my house is sick and I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours a night in 5 days. The kids are intense and i am on full time mama duty. I haven't been eating much of anything and haven't kept up with supps or cran much at all. It's just been a tough sinusy sort of time and I'm having to direct all mental clarity to the kids needs right now.

I'll be back on track whem my head clears and I can sleep for 6 hours straight again.

SunDrop
Old 08-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #7  

Oh got on the scale this morning, forgot to weigh on saturday and it read 180 which is almost 9 pounds lost in 10 days.

I know it's the not eating cuz I'm sick (haven't been fat flushing!)so I'll wait till I feel better and give it a few days before I commit to a new weight.

but I haven't been 180 in many years and it was the only thing that made me smile in several days
Old 08-20-2002, 11:43 AM   #8  

Sil thank yo for all your advise. You are so helpful. Your breakie looks good. Never heard of a white peach before. How long have you been on program now?

Sun Drop you are doing wonderful. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great job.

Linda I too am from canada and find it hard to get a lot of the stuff. What day is it for you now on ff? I am on day 6.

I am doing quite well on the ff. I haven't had cravings for a couple of days. I will weigh myself after a week and see how much I have lost. I know that I have come down in weight already. I am trying to stick right to the program with a few planned cheats for the week. Sunday for a treat I had a cup of decaf coffee and a butter tart. Yummy but the coffee didn't taste as good as I thought it would....and I love my coffee. Got tired of waiting for the book from the library and bought one. Sure has a lot of good info in there. Well I hope everyone has a great day.
DEE
Old 08-20-2002, 01:15 PM   #9  

Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for a while and have been intrigued by your successes so I went out and bought the book and am starting the plan. Hopefully it can jumpstart something for me! The hardest thing for me will be cutting out the diet coke. I am really sleepy today and have it in my mind...if only I could get some caffeine! I will try to stay strong though. I guess it's better than a food craving, right?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome Jacklyn
It's always great to get new new people in the group.What area are you from?

Dee~~~I am on day 18 and have only lost 3 pounds so far. I did have some water weight gain last week with TOM but that is gone now. Although I don't have a huge scale loss, I do see a difference in the mirror and how my clothes fit. Even my DH has been making comments about it, so I'll hang in there for awhile. I am 3 pounds from my goal weight at this time.

Sundrop~~~Glad to see you back this week but I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have been so sick. Please remember to take of yourself along with the little ones and don't forget to drink alot of liquids at this time

I was in such a rush to fix my breakfast this morning (in a hurry to get some painting done outside before it got too hot) and a friend called while I was cooking. It just dawned on me that I didn't eat my slice of Ezekiel bread. OH well !

Everybody keep up the great job
~~~Sil
Old 08-20-2002, 10:59 PM   #11  

Sil that is great that you have been on for 18 days. It is nice to be so close to goal.

Well I have to admit today I was feeling kind of quizey most of the day so I had 2 cups of popcorn. After I had that I felt better. I am still hanging in there.

DEE
Old 08-20-2002, 11:48 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Hi all
I found a coffee substitute and tried it this morning. It's an instant you just mix in hot water called Bambu and I have to say I liked it better than real coffee. How desperate is that?!

I have been sort of bound up the past few days but this morning..Woooo- woo....major dumpage. I nearly didn't make it. I know, that's more than you needed to know. lol So, I guess the berry smoothies are doing their job. By the way, Sil, I did have a second fruit yesterday. I just forgot to include it. I find having a second smoothie much more satisfying than just a plain fruit, although I did enjoy my wonderful ripe Okanagan peach this morning.

The good news is, before I even had my dump , I got on my bathroom scale and I was down FIVE POUNDS. Today was Phase I Day 5 so I'm really happy with those results. I really didn't expect to be down as I was feeling so bloated.

Nice to see everyone else posting. I will try to catch up with personal responses but when you're active in three different forums, it's hard to keep up with everything. I do read all the posts though.

I'm still having trouble getting used to no salt. All the herbs and spices in the world just don't make up for the lack of it. But, I will persevere. Hopefully, one of these days I won't notice that my food all tastes like wet cardboard.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #13  
GO CANES!

wow! Linda, that's a great result! I finally ordered the book, so I'll be that much closer to starting......I need to get all of the "supplements" and other stuff, but I'm going to start cutting out the caffeine and dairy this week....
Old 08-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

WOW Linda !!!What great results Good for you, gal!!! Unfortunately bloating and constipation tend to be an issue on this diet, so it's good for us to share our "stories". Hoorah for the dump I also had that problem but as soon as I started taking magnesium it was corrected. Now, if I can only correct the bloating with TOM I would be a happy camper

By the way, Linda, I saw the post about sea salt on iVillage. So why not mix alittle sea salt in a shaker with some Mrs.Dash?

And, what's in the Bambu?

Dee~~~I have to admit that I also gave in to my popcorn craving last night. Unfortunately, I ALWAYS gain at least 1 pound of water by the next morning. So I'm trying to drink more liquids today to flush it out. I'll see what the damage is on my next weigh-in (I weigh on Mondays).

Jihan~~~I'm glad that you got the book because there is so much info in it. You are doing the right thing by eliminating some of the foods now before you really begin FF.

Everybody keep up the good work and don't forget to drink your cranwater!!
~~~Sil
137/123/120
Old 08-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #15  
GO CANES!

Question QUESTION

ok, here's my confusion/question.
If i'm doing atkins right now, am i going to gain weight back when i switch to the fat flush? did anyone else do this switch?
Closed Thread