Question about cheese

• Okay. I restarted phase 1. So I thought low fat cheese was allowed 1 1/2 slices. If it is how much is that in like oz or grams. Can anyone help?
  • I looked and I don't see where you can have cheese at all. However, it does say 2 cups of low fat or fat free milk or soy milk. Cheese is made with milk, but I still think you can't have it. I could be wrong.
  • How did you do on the first time you did Phase 1? I am curious because I started Phase 1 a few days ago.
  • Oh, I did great lost about 11 lbs the first time. Well that is what I thought but when I was looking the book I have had it says low fat or a veggie burger. I think I am thinking too hard about it.

ETA:

Okay, I have two fat smash books, I thought I had given it away so I got another one. Anyway I compared the two books, the first one doesn't have it listed and the second one does. Found out why I am confused.
  • Cheese
    My understanding of the book I have, and what I have read elsewhere is that no cheese is allowed in Phase 1. The milk products that are allowed are very low in fat, unlike cheese. I think the other issue is the fact we are to be detoxing our body during phase 1, so we are taking in food that is as close to it's natural state as possible.
    Cheese is definately the thing I miss the most!!! LUUUUV my cheese!! But it does get put back in the mix later!! Whew!
  • Nope, sorry, guys, I mean Chicks, no cheese in Phase I. I bend the rules some, stretch some, ignore some, but cheese is a definite no-no.

Had a great day..listen to this...made Split Pea Soup..vegetarian with lotza celery, onion, carrots along with the peas...no salt...just pepper and a Bay Leaf..but, after ladling into the bowl, I added a dash of Cinnamon. Just a dash, but great, great flavor..didn't miss the salt at all. And it is so filling.

Also, for snacking, fresh Pea Pods..bought at Wallyworld, not to expensive, and sooo good.
  • That sounds awesome!!!!
  • Mmmmm
    That sounds tasty - I love split pea soup! I am glad you had a great day!! My first day has gone very well. This being my second go at Phase 1 (I did it several years ago) I am determined to get creative with my food. I made a great ztatziki sauce for my salad at lunch with nonfat yogurt cucumbers...etc. I was surprised at how delish it was.
    I also came up with an idea for my oatmeal today. I love the flavored oat meals, so I was trying to think of a way to sweeten it and stay true to my restrictions. Then "zoink"...I saw an over-ripe banana on the counter. I mashed this up (about 3/4) with some cinnamon and then mixed it into my cooked oatmeal...with a spash of milk and some apple cut up on top - it was so nummy!
  • Fine, no more cheese for me then.
  • I have also been confused on the cheese issue. Because many on here say that it is not allowed, but my book says you can have one meatless burger or 1.5 slices of cheese. I just bought the book a month ago, so I'm going to go with the most recent version of it you know?? Plus sometimes it helps me get through the day. I don't have it every day, but I think a few days a week isn't going to harm you! I lost almost 11 pounds on the first phase and I ate cheese, so I don't think it's that bad for you!!!