General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219.6/209/149

Height: 5ft8inches

Smile Started cookie diet yesterday!

Hi! After losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for the last 2 years, I am VERY motivated to losing the weight once and for all before my 40th birthday in March. I am currently at 219lbs and want to get down to 140 by the summer. It's only the begininning, but these weeks/months/years are going to pass regardless. So I am determined to lose this weight once and for all!!
Just finished day 2 of cookie diet and although it ain't easy, it is easier than I thought it would be. I am hoping sharing my story and progress with all of you will keep me motivated. I need all the support I can get!!
I love seeing the goal pictures and I hope one day to add my after picture to that very impressive collection.
jillsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi jillsusan!
Sounds like you've got a plan in place, have the determination and are off to a good start!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 10-30-2009 at 09:00 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

There's a couple threads:

cookie diet

Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #4  

Many thanks for your words of encouragement! I think I found the right place as well and I look forward to sharing my story and maybe even helping some others along the way!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #6  

So Week 1 is complete and I am down 8lbs!!! I feel fantastic and more motivated than ever!! I know the weight loss will slow down but losing 8 lbs has me VERY determined

10/28 219
11/4 211
Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

WOW - congrats on the great start - those 8 pounds are history and now you're that much closer to your goal - how great is that?!
Keep up the good work - WAY TO GO!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/246/165

Height: 5'1"

Wow! I'll be interested to watch and see how this works for you - I must admit I was intrigued by the commercials.

Congratulations!
mbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #9  

Many thanks!! I will keep you posted.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/160/110

Height: 5'0

Default I started the diet 2 days ago

Im so happy to hear about someone else
Im also attempting the cookie diet....Im starting my day 4 and have already lost 2 pounds...im relieved about having no cravings throughout the day...the cookies are not that bad better than most of the very sweet cookies i have had in the past..my favorites are the chocholate, oatmeal and coconut. and my gosh..do they ever make you thirsty...which is good as im drinkng lots of water.
i'll keep posting my progress too.

Please someone let me know how i can get the animated ruler/bar that i see alot in blogs which show your progress...i want one of those
MOTSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #11  

I know!! They make me thirsty too! Tomorrow I weigh in for the completion of week two. As of yesterday, I am 208, which is 11 lbs down from my start weight.

as for the weight loss tracker, if you go into "quick links" and click on "sig weight tracker" it will walk you through. While I was able to create one, I couldn't paste it anywhere as it says you have to be a member for at least 20 days.

Well, good luck and I look forward to hearing that the pounds are just melting off you!!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #12  

Week 2 weigh in this morning and I am 207! I am thrilled and have set a mini goal to get down to 199 bt Thanksgiving. I know 8 pound is a lot to lose in a couple of weeks but who knows, I am COMITTEDand DETERMINED and crazier things have happened!!

SW 219
CW 207
GW 149
Old 11-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #13  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

How fun is this that there is someone else to chat with about the Cookie Diet!! I started on Saturday 11/7/09! I have to say that I have been HUNGRY! But I look at the clock and I have been able to make it the 2 hours until the next cookie. I can't believe I have done it for more than one day. I like this "not eating" cuz the planning and making choices was killing me! Okay that killing me statement was an exaggeration...it seems like I wasn't able to do it... now I can't wait for 20 days so I can get one of those weight loss thing-a-ma-bobs!

Thanks everyone for this awesome network! Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #14  

Hi, I just started the cookie diet too!
I am here for support too. I have been dieting ALL of my life. Tried all kinds of diets...they all work, but sticking to them is difficult in the long run.
I have a restaurant and small hotel and found out that a lot of my 'thin' customers only eat once a day. They blame it on not having time for lunch...
I've always made time for lunch, and snacks... lots of them!
I am a night eater so I save a few cookies for after dinner.

Glad I found this thread!
potbelliedpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #15  

Hi ladies, welcome!! I am new to this forum as well and it really is good at keeping me motivated and accountable. I know, I'm pretty hungry at times as well, but I just keep telling myself I will be hungry on ANY calorie restricted diet and I really am seeing some pretty good results so far.

Well, good luck and lets keep each other posted AND motivated!!