General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #91  

That's amazing.....one cookie. My friend. Lily, finally posted again. She needs a liver transplant soon. She has been on prednisone for a long time so she has a compromised immune system and is sick a lot.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #92  
Once and for all believer

Height: 5'5''

Carol, I hope everything goes well for Lily!!!

Hi everyone. I think I am making progress if anything, I am much more relaxed and enjoying my body and my sanity XD

I hope everyone is doing well!
ALO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Last night I had dinner at Corner Bakery (by myself, so I was there a long time, reading). Not only did I not finish my sandwich (mmm, panini), I didn't finish my chips. I like those chips, they're a bit thicker than most. Several times I wanted to, out of habit: there's chips, I should eat them, they taste good. But I wasn't hungry, so I didn't. It felt really nice. I don't know why that habit of eating things just because they are there can be so hard to break. Feeling like I could I have more if I was hungry (I wasn't refraining for diet reasons), and like I could come back for more any time I wanted (because I'm not dieting), definitely helps. I didn't have to eat them "while I could." I don't know why, but my ability, and inclination, to stop, with less food, is becoming easier lately.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #94  

Way to go Julie and ALO22!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #95  

The strangest thing happened tonight at supper. I felt kind of sick and was really not hungry but I ate a little and felt better. Now what's with that?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #96  
Once and for all believer

Height: 5'5''

hahaha, carol! It's happened to me before, especially if I haven't eaten in a while, I am past my level of hunger to the point where food make me a little bit sick, but after eating a little, I feel much better.

So, I feel like someone who just found religion and needs to preach to everyone! LOL Everytime one of those weight loss shows (which I used to LOVE) are on, I can't stand them @_@ and the other day I was talking to someone about this dessert, which sounded delicious, and she made a remark about how it would taste so good but all those calories!!! and it made me cringe. LOL

I wanted to thank everyone again for your support after my post a couple of weeks ago (or whenever it was). I think I just needed to get off my chest. I feel so much better now. I am actually looking forward to going to the gym every day, it makes me feel so good, and it's showing already after only a month (I don't really have that much weight to lose); I haven't weighed myself in a week (I used to weigh myself every day, more than once a day) and I try to respect all my body signals, not just hunger: If I'm tired, I don't eat chocolate, I take a nap (providing I'm not at work), if I am too tired to work out, I don't force myself to the gym, I gather it is better to just relax and rest (whereas in a diet mentality I would drag myself to the gym just to burn some extra calories).

And intuitive eating per se is working great now that I listen to my body and don't obsess over it, I am so much more relax that even my sex life is better :$ but I don't want to get too personal, LOL

I love this thread, thank you all of you for being there!

ps: oh, and I forgot, when I go to other threads and read about people counting every single calorie, I also get mad! hahahaha, I need to calm down about that.
ALO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #97  

lharvey, I think you can worry about if you're happy with your body when you get there, you might just be borrowing a problem you won't have! In any event, I think if you get to that point, you can evaluate if you're really happy with your lifestyle and habits, or whether there's still something you need to adjust, rather than making a change just for weight loss.

That one cookie thing sure does feel strange when it happens, doesn't it?

Carol, I don't know. Sometimes you need a little food to settle things, I guess.

ALO, it's funny, once you start being intuitive about your eating, you realize you can be intuitive about everything in your life

So, tonight I followed up Sunday's success with eating past my happy point. Not horribly, but binging isn't usually my battle anymore. But it's all OK, it's all progress
Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 235/173/135

Height: 5 5'

Ugh! Past few days I haven't been doing well. I think I have just been stressed out which is a big trigger for me to overeat. I tried to ask myself am I really hungry and most of the time the answer was no, yet I ate anyways! Being bored is a big trigger too especially afternoons at work!
I hope that I will eventually get to the point that I won't have to ask myself are you hungry...are you satisfied..and just know and act accordingly!
I would like to know though..have all you seasoned IE-ers seen a change in what you are craving. Me personally I am still craving pop tarts for breakfast!! When does this change take place!
lharvey180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #99  

lharvey, I have seen a big change. A lot of that came from work I did before I found IE - greatly reducing your sugar and refined carb intake will do that But I have found that even more than a year later, my sweet tooth and cravings are still getting less and less.

I still have trouble resisting things when they're in front of me. But I rarely crave anything that's not in front of me.

Honestly, I never quite believed that you could expect your cravings to change a lot while still eating a lot of junk and sweets. I crave veggies now, but I went years and years and years eating whatever the heck I wanted (all junk), and didn't end up craving veggies. I know that's not the party line

I do find that really applying IE and really giving myself permissions does help against cravings, in addition to what eating healthy does for it. It really does. - But for me, it's secondary.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 12-09-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone

Just a flyby to say hello. Everything is fine, just a lot of busy, busy going on right now. Will get back when I can. Hope everyone is doing fine.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #101  

This may sound strange, but I really enjoyed a big bowl of plain air-popped corn tonight I just happen to like it that way, always have. I like it buttered too, but my gut has to be feeling strong for that, and today was iffy on that score. The plain popcorn was perfect, and ye olde gallbladder is quiet. So all's good. I have become such a bird-like eater at dinner lately.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #102  

Height: 5'6

Hey all! I'm recovering from an eating disorder and since i'm finally at a stable weight and eating a variety of foods without too much anxiety surrounding them, my therapist has me reading and following Intuitive Eating. I've read the book a few years back for another therapist but i never really wanted to beat my ED until this past year. So, i did some research and found this thread and thought it would be awesome to get some support on intuitive eating! I look forward to meeting you guys and getting to know you!
Ally Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #103  
Intuitive Eater

Hello everyone!

Welcome Ally Cat! We're glad to have you here with us. This is a great place for IE support.

I'm doing a flyby today myself. Tis the season to be busy!

Have a great one!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #104  

Welcome, Ally Cat! I look forward to your ideas and posts
Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #105  

Height: 5'6

Day 2 of intuitive eating....

It's liberating to eat without worrying about the calories in it but it's also weird for my anxiety. I'm eating all healthy foods and stopping when I'm full so surely i'm ok lol It's interesting and for me its probably the best thing in the world. After years of restricting my food it's nice to have a bite of my boyfriends protein bar and not freak out because of the calories and sugar. I'm doing well so far!
Ally Cat is offline   Reply With Quote