General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 10:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Vermont Mom,
What kind of motorcycle do you ride? My husband has a H-D, and I have been itching to get my own sometime in the future and learn to ride...Jason wants me to take a class like you are.
I had a good day today...weight training was on shoulders, inner thighs, calves, and back. I also walked quite a bit today-running around getting things ready for the rummage and shopping. I also parked farther out in the parking lot to get a bit more in.
Well, I better get ready for bed-talk at ya'll later.
Keep up the great work ladies!
Aphil
Old 08-01-2002, 06:14 PM   #32  

Angry

Hey girls,,,

Hope every is having a good day.

I am doing so darn great with this WW program. I am doing a happy dance for myself I have to actually force my self to eat my points and am still coming in under my minimum. Today is day four and I'm feeling good!

We rented some DVD's last night...geesh talk about tearjerkers....oh my!!!!! The first one was John Q with Denzel Washington and the second was Life as a House with Kevin Kline...they were both good and if you need a good cry... I would suggest renting these movies. Now I need to get some funny ones... dont think I could handle any more tears...

Well I hope everyone has a great day and that you keep smiling!

See ya later

Nancy
Old 08-01-2002, 09:59 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!

Yeehaw, I 'm finally back at my own computer station with my email and Internet access.

You are doing SO GREAT Nancy!!! You're so full of enthusiasm and have the inner strength to keep up the good work! You will be seeing great results soon!!!

aphil, I have a 2002 Honda Shadow VLX VT600. It was my Mother's Day present! I always enjoyed riding behind my husband but felt this year that learning to ride was something I needed to challange myself with. I also think I subconsciously wanted my kids to be a certain age before I undertook a slightly risky hobby...

We went to the lake to kayak again today, and I witnessed some things that made me think...you know how you can always find someone who you think looks so much better than you, whether it's a better figure, or great hair, or whatever, and you might envy them...well, there were some families having a cookout, and the moms were relatively young and with great figures, but oh my gosh, they really gave the impression of being horrible parents/nasty people. Just braying out yelling at their kids in the water when the kids were squabbling, yelling at a little boy who was playing/running from his dad but the dad was bellowing at him (while clutching his beer) that the kid was going to get a "tanning" when the father caught him...how can kids grow up to be well-adjusted members of society with crappy parents like that...

Okay, on to positive thoughts! Everyone have a GREAT strong day tomorrow!!! I'll let you know how the first day of my course is!

Your friend, Holly
176/150/??
Old 08-02-2002, 10:45 AM   #34  

Hi everyone! A quick post before I start packing for Cape Cod!
Welcome back Aphil--we missed you! Sorry about your loss--there's no greater love than the love a grandparent has...
I have been doing well. I had hoped to loose another pound, but I guess I'll have to settle for 99! I hope to come back from vacation at the same weight. Wish me luck!
Some great news... I have taken an additional position. I will be, in addition to my classroom teaching responsibilities, a regional coordinator for an enrichment program offered by Johns Hopkins University! I am very excited about it, but also know that I'll be working a lot! But, if I keep busy, I don't eat, so I should weigh 80 pounds in a few months (onlykidding!)
I'll miss you guys next week. I hope you all have great days and Snowey--keep us posted on your daily successes--we know you can do it!
Holly--what's up with your goal? Are you playing around with it like I do? I should really be happy with 151, but now I'm thinking, wouldn't it be great to be in the 140's??? Be careful riding--watch out for drivers like me!!!
Take care all--check in with you in a week!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:40 PM   #35  

Morning all.....

Tryin'hard~~~~ Have a wonderful, relaxing time in Cape Cod!!
We will miss you too!! And you will soon be at the 100# mark...Wow you have to be feeling so proud of yourself! I am doing the celebratory happy dance for you

Holly~~ You seem to be enjoying your summer tremendously! Your arms are bound to be in great shape with the kayaking. 26 pounds gone and still going strong !

I am feeling good and staying OP program, havent even slipped once at all!!!!!!!! YIPPEE! The weigh in is on Monday morning....I hope it will be a good one that will fill me with even more drive and determination. I can picture myself slim and darn it I look good that way

How is the rest of the gang???? I hope everyone will post soon..!

Have a great day !!

Nancy

Last edited by Snowey; 08-02-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:01 PM   #36  

Hi,
I just love those little dancing thingies...I am trying to figure out if they are baby seals, marshmallows, or what.
I am down now a total of five since I have come back to my senses...hopefully soon I will undo the damage I have done lately, and I can begin to get stronger and thinner.
The rummge is tommorow...I cannot wait to get rid of some of this stuff...

Aphil
Old 08-03-2002, 10:50 AM   #37  

Hello everyone!

I haven't checked in in a couple of days but it looks like everyone is doing great!! I have been so busy lately. The good news is this home business has really taken off! I haven't gotten to bed before 12:30 all week (only to get up at 5:30am). One thing that has kept me going is thinking of all the extra calories I'm burning while I'm up Kinda sad but I've been so tired I'll do anything to keep myself motivated

Well I've got to get moving...this house is a mess since its been neglected all week, and of course hubby decided to invite some friends over for tonight. Talk to you all later!
Old 08-03-2002, 02:19 PM   #38  

Red face

Well, I gained 2 lbs while my company was here. I was doing well the first 5 days because we were doing so much walking going different places. The last 5 days we did more sitting around, talking and eating and it seems those 2 lbs just hopped on fast! I've kept up with my weights except for that one week with company but my eating has been over the top! Fairly good choices but too much of everything. So, today I start my tried and true "Mom's Way". I can eat what I choose but I eat small quantities. It works for me, usually, so wish me luck!! Nancy, you sound like your old self-full of spunk and determination. Aphil, we are so glad to have you back and to help if you need us. Holly, I need to catch up with you as your weight is more where I want to be. I think that my weight would be fine if I could put half the fat I carry in my butt cheeks onto my chest!!! But since I can't, I need to lose some more. Have a great weekend everyone! Kewi
Old 08-03-2002, 02:36 PM   #39  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well here I am today glad to say work has not gotten the best of me. I am able to say 1 lb less than last week. I stuck with my slim fast or salads and fruit or yogurt. And I stayed away from the vending machine. Didn't try to get any soda pop from the soda machine. I would just get a bottled water and then refill from the fountain. Although I haven't been getting much exercise in. That is something i really need to work on. But they told us this weekend would be our last weekend off. We would be expected to work 7 days a week. WOW! I was expecting them to tell us 6 days not 7. O well. I guess that means a bigger check. But I remain focused towards my goal. I am only 1.5 away from seeing 200. After that I will work in 10's. I think that will work.

Well I better run. I am spending quality time with the family this weekend since it will be my last. bye
kina
Old 08-04-2002, 08:44 AM   #40  

Hi everyone,
I am still holding at the same weight-and have been doing my bike and weights, just ate a bit more yesterday than I should have-it was also good stuff-just a little more.
I found the greatest diet soda if anyone likes red cream soda...it is Diet Big Red-they have it at Kroger or Scott's-I do not know about anywhere else. I usually have Diet Coke or Pepsi One-but now and then I get a kid type craving, and have a Diet Sunkist or Diet A&W-which are also both great.
The rummage sale went fabulous-I got rid of tons of stuff taking up space in our house and storage garage-our old dishwasher, tons of baby clothes, books, and even some old jewelry I do not wear anymore. I sold the jewelry for much less than it was worth-even had a ruby ring, pink ice ring, and a speck of a diamond solitaire-but there is no sense having it if I do not wear them anymore, so I let someone else enjoy them.
All in all-I made over $365.
Kina-I know how you feel having company-it must have been hard for you to have them all week. I have never had to do it for that long. I have set splurge days on my eating-my birthday, anniversary, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. I eat my normal healthy low calorie/point breakfast, but at the "family" meal, or the anniversary date with my husband, I eat whatever I want at that meal, just in smaller portions than I normally would-and I have one dessert. In our family-the desserts are spread all over, and everyone grazes on them all day-but I make myself choose only one, and really savor it and eat it slowly.
When I got to my goal weight after my first baby-what I did instead of adding a bit more calories/points every day for maintenence, was that I ate in my weight loss calories/points through the week, and ate whatever I wanted Saturday and Sunday in reasonable amounts. It worked for me really well and I didn't gain back.
kewi-the thing you said about putting your butt fat on your chest...that would not work for me...I wear a DD, and at goal weight I only "shrink down to a D.
Jacklyn, what are you doing for your home business? I would love to hear about it!
Amy-Aphil
Old 08-04-2002, 11:42 AM   #41  

Hello everyone! Ever feel like you need a kick in the you know what to get you going?? Well I have had it this morning. Our friends had invited us to a pool party today. I, of course, do not want to go...for obvious reasons. I tried to give my best excuse and they will not take no for an answer. They are expecting us sometime today. So here I am...thinking if only I had stuck with it......you know how we all do that.

Anyways, I have spent the morning getting mad at myself because it is crazy to hold myself back from doing things because of the way my body looks....if it bothers me that much, I obviously need to do something about it!!!! Rather than make empty promises to myself. So here's to another shot of renewed faith, promises, and hope. I'm pretty angry at myself too....I'm hoping to use that productively as well.

On a ligher note, Aphil~ I have started making hand made soaps. It started out as just a little hobby. Then after some friends saw it they wanted to know how much I would charge for it, I had a lightbulb moment and decided...why not? I have a friend who owns her own business and wants to sell it as well. And I'm starting to get in XMas orders already! Crazy huh? So in about a months time it has taken off with leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, the entire process takes a couple of weeks so it is slow and very time consuming. And on top of a full time job, I have been extremely busy! The good thing is that I am definitely keeping busyin the evenings, and its hard to eat when you are knee deep in soap!

Everyone have a great day! Wish me luck today!
Old 08-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #42  

Good Morning Gang!!

Had a great day yesterday, we went to a town about 2.5 hours from here with some friends. Its a town right on the ocean (you can take the ferry to Alaska from there) and we walked around the docks and the little gift shops. Had lunch in a resturant right on the water. The weather was perfect (and is again today also)
It was a great time for sure!

Today is day 7 of being completely OP. I am feeling so good and feeling so in control!! I hope tomorrows weigh in will reflect what a great week this has been!

Kewi~~ You will have those 2 pounds gone and more before you know it!! You have lost so much already! You seem to be so disiplined with your weights also. I need to get started with the weights, but I have been saying that for years.. (do you think I have become accustomed to the Rocky the flying squirrel arms that I have?)

Kina~~ Good for you on being 1 pound down! So very soon you will be in "One der land" and will be doing the happy dance Sorry to hear that you will be working so much, how long will you be doing that?

Aphil~~ I love that Diet Big Red soda, I use to drink it when I lived in Illlinois. I agree with you, that sometime you get the kid type craving for different flavors. We get a diet soda here that is a diet Grapefruit its quite good and refreshing. Good for you on the cash haul with your sale. Do you plan on doing anything special with the money? Maybe a new outfit or two? Remember those 5 pounds you just lost will turn into 10, 15, 20.....you will need new clothes!!!!

Jacklyn~~ You dont need a kick in the butt,,,,,you need to go to that pool party, you need to have fun and you need to tell yourself that you look good !!! You have lost 34 pounds and you need to show that off!!!! Don't be angry with yourself. Be happy and proud of the accomplishments that you have made already. **** ,I wish I was there, I would go to that pool party with you and I would go up to every person there and say, " Look at my friend Jacklyn, dosent she look great? " Soon they would be falling over you wanting to know your secret!!!!!!!!!
Your body has changed, so now the thought pattern has to change. Time to think like a thin person...because that is what you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go have fun and be sure to come back and post and let us know about the good time you had!!!!

Holly~~ How are you today? Having fun kayaking and motorcycling I bet...

Ok I am going to go see if hubby wants to pack a lunch , head out for drive and a mini picnic... we dont get many beautiful days here so need to take full advantage of them while their here!!!!

See everyone later....have a great day!!

Nancy

203.5/ weigh in tomorrow 8/5
Old 08-04-2002, 09:26 PM   #43  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! I'm here, I'm here!

Wow, I feel like I've lost the past three days, but my big news is that my course was this weekend and I PASSED and now have my motorcycle license!!!

Nancy, you are so insightful. Your message to jacklyn about her thought process being different by being smaller now is right on. I'm wishing you a terrific weigh-in which will encourage you even more!!! Rock on!!! I can also picture you slim and gorgeous!!!

jacklyn, how creative to make handmade soaps! I'm so glad the business is taking off and keeping you busy! And sister, give yourself credit for the weight you have lost, and that you are probably mighty-fine-looking, and healthier and fitter!!!!!

kewi, it sure is difficult to not gain when you have friends/family over for extended time. You will pare it off in no time, with the calorie-burning muscle that you have. You have such a point about it being too bad that we can't move handfulls of fat from one part of our body and paste it on our chest! And I have lost inches off my chest - bless my husband, who says he like me best whatever way I am!

tryin'hard, hope you have a great vacation! And congratulations on your additional position!

I don't know what's up with my goal weight. As Nancy said to jacklyn, it really is hard to picture oneself differently than how you see yourself. I still see big legs, big hips; chunky all over. However, I have to listen to things like what I heard today; I was telling one of my coursemates that I told myself to lose weight so I could try motorcycling, and one woman said; "you've lost 26 pounds? You just look so thin now!" Now, ME and "thin" are just NOT words that I ever think of togther. Really. I've been chunky since I was like 8 years old. So my self-image if rather skewed. I think I would like to see numbers in the 140's also...

kina, hi! Woo-hoo to you for being down another pound! I think your strategy is terrific, about taking it in 10 pounds increments, which makes it seem easier to manage. congrats to you also for resisting temptations at work, like stuff in the machines. You've got it in control when you bring your good food in, and just have the occasional diet soda.

I LOVE to drink diet soda; could easily have 3 cans a day; but found that having one made me want to have something with it, like pretzels. Or a sandwich. Or a loaded pizza. So I've made the effort not to buy the soda like we used to.

aphil, congrats on the five pounds gone, gone!! Glad your rummage sale was a success. It sure does feel good to clear stuff out, AND make money too!!
Do you ride behind your husband on his HD? If your state offers the Beginner's Riding course, I wholeheartedly recommend it. We had people, both men and women, who had NEVER been on a bike before Friday; and by Saturday afternoon they were maneuvering around so well. And of those people who had never been on a bike, 3 of them passed and earned their license today.

Well, I am TOTALLY fried now. I worked a double on Friday; then drove 50 miles to the course, got home at 11:00 pm; up at 5:30 am yesterday to get ready for the second day of course; got home at 6:30; up at 6:00 today and got home at 6:30 - back to work tomorrow - what the heck day is it now?

Goodnight friends!

Holly
Old 08-05-2002, 07:23 AM   #44  

Hi ladies,
Boy, yesterday was miserable! Our heat index was 105*-and it was so humid and muggy.
VermontM-I am so proud of you for passing the course! I have never driven a motorcycle yet, but have rode on the back of many...My husband wants me to take an ABATE (spelling?) course similar to what you took. When I reach goal weight, I am going to get me a pair of faded out looking boot cut Harley blue jeans...and the sexy chunky heeled black Harley boots for ladies. I am normally an Old Navy type of everyday dresser, but I love to wear something totally un-ME now and then. It can be very freeing. I guess that is why I am into making costumes.
When I do my bellydancing classes, I actually have a hip scarf that has the little coins on it that jingle-it seems when you are doing something, if you dress the part, you get more into what you are doing, and get more OUT of it in return.
Funny what you said about diet soda making you want to eat. I drink lots of water-but I usually have an iced tea or flavored diet soda between some meals when I WANT to eat. It usually helps me because I am tasting something, and doing something with my mouth. So needless to say-I am always drinking something when I am at a family function.
I am glad everyone is doing so well-and here is my word of advice for the day-"If it was easy, everyone would be thin." We have to realize that some of us will have to work at this every day for the rest of our lives. Be strong ladies, and be well.
Aphil
Old 08-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #45  

Hello everyone!

Nancy~I appreciate your kind wordsI know that it is a mind set about my size, and like Holly I still see the chunky legs etc. I do need to focus on more of the positive though. I know that one of my problems now is that I have lost 30 something pounds and have been at a stand still for a while and I just get frustrated. Also, I know that I have not been doing as well as I should in order to lose the weight. Yesterday did get to me though. I did pretty well with my eating also. I kept thinking "no more...if it bothers me this much, it is definitely time to do something about it!!"

I've also decided that I am only going to weigh twice a month...on the 1st and the 15th. Again I am going to focus on the one day at a time.

Congrats to those with losses and to Holly for passing the test!! I'll check in later (since I am at work now )
Closed Thread