General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
I broke 4,000 calories burned yesterday! Go me! I did a 15-mile bicycle ride. I wasn't pushing particularly hard--I was "bike dancing" through some slow songs on my Favorite Country playlist, haha!--and it took me 1:13 to complete the 15 miles, but I still broke 4,000 calories. 4,086 to be exact. Of course, I only ate 2,290 so I've got a huge deficit again.

These last three or four days I've had very large deficits. One day my deficit was up over 2,000!! I'm having a mental struggle with myself to get myself to eat more. My loss is stalled right now. According to numbers I should be near 5 pounds lost, but the scale is still at 2.0 lost. It's that TOM, too. Between that and I guess a too-high deficit, my body is refusing to play. My body doesn't seem to like a deficit any higher than 1,500 calories a day. Does anyone else notice this, too?
I've had a couple days of 1200-2000ish deficit days and I can say that while once in a while is okay (and can feel good) I really don't feel as well if that happens many days in a row. Honestly 900ish deficit is where I feel the most good (assuming I'm still eating good nutritious food and not just counting calories (which obviously lets me eat any junk just in smaller quantities).I have around 1200 calorie deficit the past 10 days and I was feeling really good until last night. Today I ate more of the good stuff at each meal so I hope things settle again.

And don't judge the scale during TOM! Every once in a while I gain 10 pounds during TOM (and can't button my pants) and it is completely normal to not have the scale move.

Your bike workout sounds fun!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #407  

I just wanted to say that I have finally worked out the kinks and am able to log my food consumed on the BB website....so happy. I was using google chrome and I switched my browser back to internet explorer and finally the website works better for me...Yay!!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #408  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
sid, keep going, it may take a few weeks to "get with the program" and start to see a loss. this is especially true if you are beginning to exercise, you might see a GAIN ! please don't worry, the numbers will go in the right direction, have faith in the bugg!

FGG, not sure, did you ask this question on the BB boards?
Oh, I'm going to keep going! I have no intention of giving up my GWF, It's my frieeeeennnddd.

I'm not just beginning to exercise! I've been going to one gym or another since I was 15, and I have two degrees in exercise science. Trust me, I know all effects of exercise!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #409  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
FGG, not sure, did you ask this question on the BB boards?
For some reason that I do not know I constantly forget the bb boards exist. I got an answer. It does not wipe out the previous data. Yay!!!! I now have a nickname for the boards there and am going to try to become active there. I'll take all the motivation I can get.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #410  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was actually very disappointed with my bodybugg yesterday. I woke up at 6am, did a 60 minute p90x workout (legs & back). I was sweating profusely which trust me is hard to do in my 60 degree basement. I went to work (desk job but still), went shopping, came home, did some errands, went to karate for 90 minutes, came home, did some chores and my calorie burn for yesterday.... 2660. My daily goal is 2650. I'm confused considering when I first got my bodybugg, my karate days were nearly or around 3000 calorie burns without the extra 60 minute workout.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 357/350/180

Height: 5'10"

Thank you to those that answered me yesterday.... So after 24 hours I love this thing..LOL! I did end up calling CS because I could not load the meal page on the GWF site..it ended up being a firewall issue, so I switched firewalls and it has been smooth sailing. I asked the tech while I had him on the phone about the extra 1000 cal. from yesterday, he said exactly what you said the system averages "off body time". I also have had a few small issues with the display showing different #'s than the site shows when I do the download..he said that is normal up to a 10% difference..he said the download is more accurate so go with those numbers.

I must have got lucky because I was not on hold long and the tech stayed on the phone with me till we got everything fixed, and all my questions answered.

As for the 3550 cal I was to eat, I was also to burn 4550...which I just wasn't able to do so I went with the 1000 cal difference... I did burn a bit more than the 1000 cal difference, but I didn't want to eat just before bed to make up the difference...so it looks like I can up some of my intake through the day to stay with the 1000 difference...I love having these numbers infront of me!

I just have to say I am loving this thing...I hope I can say the same thing a month from now :-) and so on...
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #412  

nelie - how long have you been using the bb? Have you lost much weight since you started? If you have gotten fitter then you will burn less doing the same activities.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #413  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Another thing to love:

Today I have a deficit of about 600 calories. Not my usual ~1500. BUT! This is because I knew roughly how many calories I had to play with, so when I ate something more caloric than I anticipated at lunch, I did NOT just think, "awww, screw it" and keep stuffing myself throughout the day. I knew roughly where I was, calorie-wise, so I planned a lighter dinner (I wasn't honestly that hungry) and still have a deficit.

It's amazing how many behaviours change when I have all the information I need!! I'm no longer spending my days planning meals...not counting veggie servings...not trying to get as much food out of too-few Points/calories as possible...not obsessing about when I can eat next...and I'm not always freezing cold anymore, either! I've actually noticed, lying in bed the last few nights, that my torso is warm/hot to the touch (sorry if that's TMI). I actually have a metabolism!

My body likes me now.

(Sorry if I'm being kind of a dork, I'm just really, really happy with this product. I've struggled for so many years, and this is revolutionary for me.)
Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #414  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

Nelie - As you become more fit, your body will become more efficient doing the same exercises. And as you become smaller, your BMR drops as well. I have serious burn envy of some of the others here - for me to ever see a 4000 calorie day, I'd need to spend 4-5 hours in the gym. Or run a half marathon. And then do a Kempo X tape. You get the idea. LOL! Your numbers sounds pretty similar to mine - and we are about the same size. It sucks, but it is what it is, right?

Also, when you first start, the system makes assumptions about your BMR, etc based on your height, weight, age, etc. It seems to me that it also includes any recent weight loss you might have had as a sign that your metabolism is better than it actually is. I did notice a pretty marked drop in burn after a week or two - and I really didn't get that much more fit or that much smaller in two weeks. I suspect it was the system figuring out that I'd lost weight in the prior month because I'd dieted - not because I had a good metabolism. (Uh, I don't!)

Also, just wanted to make sure that y'all knew that you can adjust your burn goal, at least for the GWF. Go to your activity manager. Settings. Goals. Go to "I want to enter my own daily calorie intake." Then put the number of calories you plan to eat, on average. The system will adjust your burn goal based on your weight loss goals (if you want to lose 1# a week, it will set a burn goal of 1000 calories a day higher, etc). Make sure to save the new goals.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #415  
Just Me

I've only been using the BodyBugg for about a month and I'm down a couple pounds but part of it is that I gained over Christmas and I'm back down. Another factor is that I'm nursing a cold so despite working out strenously, I'm wondering if that is affecting my burn. The cold really is just a head cold so not like a flu.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #416  

I tried putting my bugg on my right arm when I went to bed since I saw some people say that works for them. I have a dent in my left arm from the thing and wanted to be able to give it a break at night. That won't work for me though. It reads too high on my right arm. Normally when sleeping I average 1.3/min. I got 1.5/min on my right arm. Grrrrrr, I was really hopeful too.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #417  
Just Me

I don't wear my bodybugg at night. I take it off as I go to bed and put it on in the morning (take off for shower then put back on afterwards). I tried to wear it the first night I got it but it bugged (ha!) me too much.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #418  

Maybe you could try pushing it a little further back on your arm (if you're a side sleeper, like me!). I haven't had any problems yet with sleeping with it on, but i do put it on my right arm at night, since I usually sleep on my left side, anyway. I'm not terribly concerned with if there's a small difference between the two when I'm sleeping, but I definitely understand why others might be.

On the great news side, I've lost 2 lbs since Monday, just wearing the GWF! And exercising, etc, but I've been watching my defecit and keeping it around 1000 per day. It's awesome to be able to hop on at the end of the day, and realize I still have some wiggle room to eat more, especially if I'm hungry.

Especially since it looks like I just wasn't eating enough, instead of too much- I'm 5'9" and 181.5 lbs. 1400 cals apparently doesn't cut it, especially on days I workout. I'm getting married in June, so i'm hoping this will at least help me get down to the weight I was when I bought the dress- 175- but my goal is around 160. I really do have a larger/athletic frame, so I'll re-evaluate when I get closer to goal, to see where I think I should be without looking too thin. Thanks for letting me ramble, I'm so excited that this is working!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #419  

nelie - If I am sick but still able to do my normal activities I actually burn slightly more than when not sick, so being sick can have an effect. Everyone is different, so maybe when you are sick you burn a little less? Or maybe the bugg was just having a bad day - it happens occasionally. Have the last couple days been where you would expect them to be?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

So apparently the GWF noticed that my weight loss was lagging a bit behind what the numbers say . . . so it adjusted my burn. Starting a few days ago, it started showing that I'm burning about 10% less.

In one way, it sucks, right? But in the other, it is what it is and at least now I know.
Closed Thread