General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 07:08 AM   #241  

Default ITCH, ITCH, ITCH!

Does scratching burn calories?
I must have gotten into some goodies working outside the last couple of days. I am die'n here. All over one arm, neck, chin area, on eyelid....trying not to scratch....
I did most of the 3mile walkaway yesterday...then the phone rang. New rule, do not answer phone while exercising!
And as far as eating, did ok up until that bowl of icecream during Big Brother. My brain is broken.
Dyan, I had the zesty chicken bowl a while back. I used a small amount of the dressing. I thought it was good, and filling.
Kayla, good job with the exercise! You are lucky you have someone to walk with.
There aren't any sidewalks in the boonies where I live. If I want to go for a walk, it has to be in the woods. scratch, scratch.
Have a great day! Maybe if I keep busy moving around I wont itch as much....
Old 08-09-2002, 07:17 AM   #242  

Hey Huntress, my yard...used to be about 3acres mowed. The last couple of years I (the primary mower) decided to let it "go back to nature". We are surrounded by woods and pasture type stuff on three sides, so we blend in. It still takes me forever to mow and I have stuff I have no clue what to do with...overgrown lilacs, rose of sharon, and flowering stuff that I don't know what it is! What a mess! ...yeah, u wouldn't want me do'n u're yard.
itch, itch, scratch, scratch...you'd have things growing there that shouldn't be....scratch, itch....
Old 08-09-2002, 07:21 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

itch, itch, scratch, scratch...........hey I don't know about you but it only takes me like 5 mins before I begin doing exactly that. I hate yard work but it has to be done and I figure after all that sweating it's bound to be worth a lot of exercise.

PS.....Good morning!
Old 08-09-2002, 08:43 AM   #244  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I HATE not being on here all the time. LOL

I was bad for the last two days...I'm feeling for Kayla...

I made a mistake and made home made cinnamon rolls. Ate two that night, one in the middle of the night and two yesterday.
I couldn't resist the cream cheese icing. *WAAAAAH*

Then I ate half a Monicals Pizza last night. Grrrr...

The good thing is, I feel focused today, it's Friday. I have to weigh in on Tuesday. I have 4 days to fix my mistakes, so I am ready to be perfect!!!!

Well...Time is my enemy...I have to leave for work already, but I will catch up later.

Jo...what's new with your weight loss program. Tell us everything!

Later,
Tiffany
Old 08-09-2002, 11:57 AM   #245  

Good morning...

Things are just busy this week, so no shouts, but I'm thinking about all of you.

Hanging in there. Today is weigh in - down 2 pounds from LW. Hoping for 1 or 2 more over the weekend - TOM in full force yesterday and today. I know I was a good girl, I know I was now if the water would just get out of the way so I could see...

Still, 2 is just fine. No complaints.

Slugging down water like there's no tomorrow,

Cafe

P.S. Boss man gave me tickets to a football game Saturday night so no more complaints about staying late, either. The NFL don't come cheap so this will be a treat for me. Gotta watch out for the "confession stand."
Old 08-09-2002, 01:00 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

ARGH , I did it again!!! Typed a long post and put to many !@#$% smile! Sombody stop me!!

So in a nut shell:

Huntress ~ Sorry to hear about the cutie pie . It's funny because most times I feel like a slug! But your welcome to have any extra energy I have laying around.

Tiff ~ I say don't sweat the small stuff. What's done is done. I know it's easier said than done. I have little control on the weekends and get so mad at my self. But then I say to myself, "Self, we got to lose the weekend weight gain by next Saturday", and then I move past it.

Tiger ~ that's the #1 rule in my house. I don't care if it's the pope himself! I'm not answering the phone. It'll just give me an excuse to stop. Oh yeah, sorry to hear about all the itching....

Cafe ~ Congrats on the 8 sticks of butter! I hope I lose that many. I've been working my tail off.

I'm too excited that it's Friday. Just gotta get through the day here at work, go pay storage, pick DD from pre-school, walk my 2 miles, order pizza and relax! It's way too hot again, to turn on the stove!

Drea's going to color my hair tomorrow and Sunday we're taking the kids to the San Jose Children's Museum. I have got to stay OUT of the house on the weekends .

Tomorrow's my weigh in , got my fingers crossed that I see a loss. Been OP for 2 weeks. Last week I lost 3lbs....so we'll see.

Question: Do ya'll want to do a challenge? I know it's helped me to get all my water down. I alread had my 64 oz down by 8:30 this morning. Let me know.

Gotta run.....
Old 08-09-2002, 06:44 PM   #247  

I'm up for a challenge. What do you have in mind?

I was good so far today...I am leaving now for a bike ride, and I will be back later....

Tiff
Old 08-09-2002, 06:46 PM   #248  

yeah, i'm in for a challenge.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:39 PM   #249  

Talking 30 day OP challenge

I just copied over the 30 day challenge from the 100lb club, we can decide what day we want to start, either this Monday or next (to give everyone a chance to read the challenge and decide): Personally I say the sooner the better......No time like the present!

Ok ladies!! Here it is!! It's time I got off my butt and did something!! I work best when I am held accountable. SO I challenge you to do your very best for 30 days and we'll see who wins!!

Here is how it's going to go. Starting Monday, July 29, 2002. We will try to do the 3 things that work. Food, water & exercise. You decide what your food plan is, how much water you want to drink and how much exercise you want to get every day. Every day you have the opportunity to earn 3 points.

1 point for sticking with your food plan
1 point for drinking the amount of water you decided on
1 point for getting some exercise.

Post out here every day with how many points you've earned for a given day, and I will keep track. We'll see who's doing the best after 30 days.

This is a very cool way to keep on track, because even if you don't do so great on food, you might still get in your water and exercise to earn the points!

Who's with me???? We start on Monday!!!!

So what do ya'll think? I can try to keep up on the points that every one earns, but I'm not much of a weekend poster, although I will try, unless some one else would like to volunteer. Like I said, this challenge has really helped me. I'm getting my water down. We need to post what our "goals" are for the challenge.

I got in my 2 miles, but my foot is killing me! years back I took ligaments and cartlidge (?sp) on the top portion of my left foot, anf let me tell ya, I'm feeling the pain today. I didn't let the pain stop me though. I finished my walk and am trying to figure out what to do about it. I can't stop now!

I'll try to check back later tonight.....
Old 08-09-2002, 08:13 PM   #250  

A challenge sounds good............I'm in
Old 08-09-2002, 09:16 PM   #251  

Hey everyone!!!

Well, i just posted a whole book...with NO smileys and it got deleted somehow!!!! grrr! so i went for a walk and then came back to try again!!!!

DYAN~ im totally up for the challange! here are my 3 goals:
1. to stay within my 25-30 point range
2. to drink at least 6 cups of water a day
3. to exercise AT LEAST 30 minuts a day.

Tigerlily, it IS nice to have someone to walk with! especially when i get home late at night from work! its kinda scary out there!!!! hehe!

Huntress, im leaving on the 18th and should be back the 24th! This one is a buisiness camp....we take courses for half the day....and then we plan and create a buisiness for part of the afternoon..... we have a week to figure it all out...and on the last day all the parents come and we sell whatever buisiness we made! it should be fun....its a very prestegious camp and there are only 56 spots and there were 211 applicants...me and my best friend todd were both lucky enough to have our essays seleceted!!!! im so pumped for it...there is rock climbing (which i LOVE) horse back riding, a zip line and a whole bunch of other fun stuff! im soooooo excited! i really am having the summer of a lifetime.........everything changed this sumer for me............im a much happier person!!!!!

Tiff, dont feel so bad hun! just say....i will do better tommorrow! tommorrow is a new day..and on a whole you are doing FANTASTIC!!!!! keep smiling!!

Cafe, have fun at the game!!!!!! foot ball kicks ***!

well gotta run! later girls!
luv
Kayla
Old 08-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #252  

Ok, that sounds great to me. Everyone has to be HONEST. (duh, like we aren't anyway!!)

We will do this for 30 days, and at the end, the winner gets a little treat. A $20 gift card for Walmart. I KNOW, it isn't much, but if we do this every month, that could get expensive. I will provide the gift card...my little thanks to all of you for being here for me when I need you. So....if we tie...then giftcards for ALL the winners. I can honestly say, the exercise will get me once in a while and so will the water. I HATE water. But, I would like to win.

Besides, $20 will get some bubble bath, or nail polish, or makeup...some little thing to pamper ourselves. The winner can email me their address and I will send the card out in the mail!

Ok, what is my plan?? Um...

Food: To stay within my calorie range. 1450-1700 calories.

Water: To drink five 8 oz glasses of water a day. (Remember, I HATE water.) So...40 oz of water

Exercise: To exercise for 30 minutes a day. Every day. Whether it is walking...riding my bike....or step tapes.

As far as keeping track of our points...I can do it every evening. Or...we can keep our own totals and update on every Monday.

Whatever works for everyone.

Went on a 45 minute bike ride tonight. I am TIRED.
Stayed in my calorie range today and I feel better...I can't change my past couple of days, but I can change today. So...I did.

Well...let me know who all is in for this challenge and whether everyone is ok with having a little prize, oh, and how often we are going to update....

Tiffany
Old 08-10-2002, 07:01 AM   #253  

Default Challenge

OK here's what I will do:

#1 Stay within my points ( I AM going to WW this week)
#2 Drink 8-8 oz glasses of water everyday
#3 Exercise for 30 mins every day

Are we beginning on Monday?

Weight is the same today 197, I guess I can live with that. Getting that old "hurry up" feeling again lately. Soon as the scale dropped below 200 I started feeling this way, maybe because I haven't been this low in a long time. Those 12 & 14's in my closet are beckoning to be worn and I'm sick of going into my closet everyday and coming out with the same old stuff to wear to work. Can't blame anything but myself for that since I practically refuse to buy new clothes while losing weight except for special occasions. I'm looking forward to the holidays and Christmas is only a little more than 4 months away. Hard to believe, huh? Wonder where we'll all be then. Looking back 3-1/2 months ago, I wouldn't have honestly believed I would be where I am now, although I hoped. There is a thread in success that talks about believing that you can do it and I finally do.

Hope you all have a nice weekend, I will check in later.

LJ
225/197/150
Old 08-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #254  

First things first.......I lost 5 lbs this week , or as I like to say.....20 sticks of butter!! I truly believe that the challenge helped me. Tiff! water truly NOT one of my strong suits....but I've been drinking 8 glasses a day at least.

Okay I need to get ready to go get my hair done, but real quick....Looks like were starting the 30 day challenge MONDAY, August 13, 2002 The only person your REALLY accountable to, is your self. I think we post once a day our totals for the day.
(Tiffany thanks for taking care of the points), Then say...every Friday Tiffany can post the tally order.

To be honest, I'm a little leary of the gift idea, at least for the first 30 days. I think we should just focus on doing the best we can (at first). Tiffany trust me....I LOVE to shop . They just recently decided to give prize on the other board. I have chosen not to participate in that part of of, so please don't let me stop you guys.

See how you guys are? I get on here "real quick" and next thing ya know... I'm late or what have you.....

Gotta jet
Old 08-10-2002, 12:10 PM   #255  

Dyan, Way to go on those 20 sticks of butter!

I love this challenge idea - I'm in!

1) Stay within my daily points range (is it fair to use my bank?)
2) 8 glasses of water a day (this will be +2 for me)
3) 30 minutes of exercise a day

I think this will give me just the incentive I need to get with it on exercise. Plus it will help me escape from that "if I'm not at the gym it doesn't count anyway" mentality because if I go for a 30 minute walk in the neighborhood I'll count it! So it will get me out when I fail to wake up on time.

It's HARD - I was doing great with the exercise but when I added the food it was hard to keep up through the transition. I was more or less okay with it because the food is obviously harder for me. But now that I've been on the food plan for 3 weeks (with a few minor deviations) I should REALLY be able to figure out how to walk and chew gum at the same time.

So why do I keep looking at the Godiva clearance items in my other window? (Closing chocolate window)

I think it's a great idea to do what we can just to see how good we can do - but I think the prize idea makes it fun too! I can almost hear the trash talkin' now... ((secretly likes a little trash talkin')) Hey, it will keep us on topic a little more than usual! Don't know if we need to discuss this a little further but I'd be willing to put up a little prize - I was thinking about MY favorite place - Starbucks. Do you all have a Starbucks? I definitely don't think it's in any way necessary for anyone else to put something in, but I personally like to add a little fuel to the flame sometimes. Makes things more exciting. Please let's discuss, I want to go with the consensus on this.

Getting excited already for Monday!!
Closed Thread