General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #1  
diamondgeog

Default Dr. Phil program on Oprah today June 18th

This will be the second of a 2 part program on weight loss. The first program was looking at why people are overweight. It included a lot of Dr. Phil gobbblygoob amid some common sense about why people are overweight.

Today he is going to be talking about strategies to lose weight which might be interesting and perhaps even valuable. I am not anti Dr. Phil I just think at his best, like all of his ilk, he is simply speaking common sense wisdom that has occured to me on my own hundreds of times.

But I wanted to give a heads up and maybe someone can tell me if they liked it or not, I won't be around a TV today.

Larry

Old 06-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I recorded last weeks show and I will be recording this weeks also. I happen to like Dr Phil. As you said he doesnt have any magic pill for you to take. He gives you basic common sense stuff that you already know but to hear it one more time or to hear it a different way maybe it will sink in.

Also he is the no excuse man. And he tells you to fix what is inside to fix the outside. Good Advise for all of us.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:32 AM   #3  

I watched Dr. Phil and as usual he said alot of stuff that I either knew or had been saying to myself...He did say that you need to have someone that you are accountable to that will know how you're doing each week....I thought about it and decided the one person I know that would be fair but no nonsense, no excuses would be my dh. So, I asked for his help last night. I'd asked for help before but if I didn't mention it for a week or two he wouldn't mention it (said he didn't want to start a fight!! Imagine that I told him that I needed that accountability...but not to go around hurting my feelings..( I sounded just like Oprah )
So, I weighed this morning ...but at least I've started.

Gardeniaz1964
Old 06-19-2002, 08:55 AM   #4  

I had seen the show before, but watched most of it again. I think I should have taped it...so I could watch it whenever I lost sight.
The "accountable thing"...that's a hard one. DH doesn't like to hear me talk about my weight, says he loves me no matter. I've tried telling him that it is important to ME. Anyway, my group at 3FC has turned out to be my accoutable others for now.
I liked what Dr.Phil said about SEEING yourself where you want to be. And when he talked about going TOWARDS something, not away from something...that made a lot of sense.
Wish I could get a pep talk from him every day!
Tigerlily
Closed Thread