General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Question Exercise Question

Hey Guys!! What are some of your favorite workout videos? Have any of you found any that really work well?? Losing weight is SO hard to do.
Hopefully, I will find more will power along the way. Good luck to the rest of you!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 01:59 PM   #2  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Exercise?

Happy Housewife, I have been exercising to Denise Austin. I record her early shows and choose which I will exercise to. I enjoy working out to her ab or buns workout sessions. I do that in the morning then in the evening after dinner I go out to the track and walk around the track a few times. I mix my 6 laps with walking, and power walking. I also go over to the stadium steps and go up and down the steps like stair climbing. But I found this website that lets you know how many calories you are burning for any kind of activity...www.caloriesperhour.com
It is a great resource. It even compares your workout to food. Like if I stair climb for so much time it will tel me how much of my big mac I burned off. Something like that. It is quite interesting. Check it out.
But I have to add I have been shedding pounds quite easily now that I have incorporated exercise into my life. My highest was 225 I am down to 208 since starting my daily exercise routine.

Good Luck to you!
Old 06-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Thankyou Kina!! Great advice! I've been walking the track too. At least one mile a day. I think I may try recording Denise Austin's workouts during the week. 7am is still a little early for me to begin exercising. haha
Thanks again!! :sheep:
Old 06-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #4  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry That is a great start

House wife, you are headed in the right direction. As long as you can get something into your life that you didn't have before you will be successful.

Yes, 7am is too early for me as well. Her show airs at 6:30am here. So that is way to early. It isn't so bad when the kids are in school because I get up to see them off so while I am supervising them out the door I have the vcr recording. So like right now during the summer I won't be recording. But what I have recorded I use over and over. But you can also find some of her video tapes at the public library(if you are lucky).

So anyhow since I started exercising I went from 215 to 208. I have been drinking my Slim Fast and exercising daily even on the weekends. I can't say that I eat sensibly but I have limited my food intake. Which i think is a good start.

Good luck and you can always count on my support.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:22 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'll add my "two cents" to promoting daily, if possible, exercise. It's really the only way to sensibly accelerate weight loss, and you'll be burning more calories, increasing muscle mass, increasing metabolism, making your heart/lungs healthier; keeping your joints moving freely; gosh, what else? Just making your quality of life better.

I checked out www.collage.com for exercise videos; you can also request a paper catalogue. It lists lots of videos, and revies and rates them. I have a favorite; it's Gilad's Step and Tone. It did take me like a dozen times through it, though, to "get" the routine, and not feel like a klutz. But that's how I am with any new routine.

Find one (or even better, a few) that you like; and do them consistently. I'd say that it's when you have done hopefully daily exercise for a couple of months that the rewards will REALLY kick in, with quicker fat loss, and toned muscles that are awesome to discover!! And it will be a habit that you just accept has to be done daily. But a daily exercise could also be a nice walk, not necessarily a video...It's good to do different activities, to keep your enjoyment and interest, and for the different ranges of motion.

Boy, I really gave you my two cents' worth! More like two dollars' worth!

Wishing you success!

Holly
176 Feb./162 current/160 1st mini-goal
Old 06-17-2002, 12:05 AM   #6  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Smile I totally agree

Hello VermontMom. I truly agree with you. I have been working out with Denise Austin daily. She mentions in some of her workouts that if you exercise with her 3 times a week you will see results in 5 weeks. But if you exercise 5 times a week you will see results in 3 weeks. That is of course with well balanced meals and at the least your 8 daily glasses of water.

Yes, changing your routine is a great tip. I am a Aries and I can't handle routine. I have to mix up my routine. So far all that I have been doing is working for my weight loss. So I don't change too much except moving things around in sequence. Which works for me so far.

My 11 year old daughter was telling me about this weight loss in a bottle commercial she saw the other night. I stopped her in her tracks and told her their are too many side effects and risks that I want to do this the healthy way with daily exercise and sensible eating.

Take it day by day and we will succeed.
Closed Thread