General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #1  

Default Slim4life Help

Hi! My names Christi, from Ft Worth Texas. I am thinking about joining Slim4life but am a little hesitant. Ive read that its pretty expensive and when I went in for the free consultation they wouldnt tell me what it would cost me monthly for all the supplements. Also, Im a little worried about the supplements after reading several complaints on the BBB website. Does anyone know that has been on the program what is in the supplements? Are they FDA approved? Anyone belong to the Southlake location? Thanks!

PS: Ive read on here somewhere that you can get the same stuff at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe and save alot of money. Anyone doing this?
jandcpardue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #2  

I haven't done this diet, but I can tell you that the supplements aren't FDA approved. The FDA doesn't regulate supplements (other than Alli), it only pulls them off of the shelves after many, many, many complaints/deaths. Almost all research on supplements and even some vitamins (depending on diet) serve no real purpose.
DrFatpants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166.8S/160.4C/125G

Hi - I hope you're still here

The slimgenics plan is very expensive, IMO. They base the amount on how much you have to lose and how long it should take you to lose it. I'd say the average is around $600 -$1000, depending if you buy the bars & supplements.

You can buy their supplements on their website without being a member. And if you knew how many protiens/fruits/veggies/fats you needed you could do the plan on your own.

I buy my bars at the grocery store - I've found some with comparable nutrition facts.

Let me know if I can help you more.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I spent over 2400 dollars upfront, lost 20lbs and then quit and gained it all back. I am going to restart this week for the first time in months but I wanted to warn you about ONE thing. Buy the bars and suppliments as you go. NOT UP FRONT! I did and I hate 90% of the food and so it sits in a box in my kitchen and I keep buying the good bars and food. I like thier omegas but the rest of the pills are crap. Just buy a good multi vitamin and some suppliment packs from gnc, costco or where ever. The carb blockers DO NOTHING! trust me! PLEASE TRUST ME. buy things one at a time. This is how you don't waste money. It does work if you can do it!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

well the plan is fairly simple. If you do not want the supplement, you can say that you are breastfeeding and as such you can not take any supplements. I got a year of treatment for something like $300 i think. I did not lose anything because I did not follow the diet BUT, i have two friends that did and they look AMAZING! If you want some info, you can PM me and I will look up what the plans are
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #6  

Basil,

I guess you need 1 more post to use PM's.
jandcpardue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198/140

Height: 5'3

I have to agree with ajowens.....buy the supplements/bars/etc as you go. Not only will you not buy a bunch of things you dont like but running out of them makes you go in. Its a similar plan to Metabolic Research Center (what I am doing now) but Slim4Life if a bit more expensive. Good Luck whatever plan you pick!
bikinibound12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajowens View Post
I spent over 2400 dollars upfront, lost 20lbs and then quit and gained it all back. I am going to restart this week for the first time in months but I wanted to warn you about ONE thing. Buy the bars and suppliments as you go. NOT UP FRONT! I did and I hate 90% of the food and so it sits in a box in my kitchen and I keep buying the good bars and food. I like thier omegas but the rest of the pills are crap. Just buy a good multi vitamin and some suppliment packs from gnc, costco or where ever. The carb blockers DO NOTHING! trust me! PLEASE TRUST ME. buy things one at a time. This is how you don't waste money. It does work if you can do it!
Are you serious???? I take the pill thinking it's blocking carbs and 250 calories!!!!! I am a lil bummed now and how do you know for sure?? I am sad
Virgo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192

Height: 5'7

I just started S4L last thurs (4/22) I have lost 7 1/2 lbs as of Monday havent been in since then, going tomorrow for my weigh in...(nervous, i did cheat ugh) it is a little pricey but hopefully will be worth it (i did do the 1 yr plan which includes stabilization period and 32 weeks of extra help after the stabilization period so hopefully that will help me keep the weight off and looking good!) i have been takin all the pills required except the carb blockers only like twice...do they really not "block" carb calories??? i also did know, i dont drink a lot during the day, and the 10 8 oz of water is A LOT for me and I havent once been able to down all of it...is it really that important to the diet to do this??

thanks
peacelovejhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #10  

I just started the Slim4Life plan. I do not go to the clinic, i have a friend guiding me who has gone for 6 months and looks good. She has me doing plan 2. I buy bars and shakes at the store that are same or comparable . I don't take any of the pills. Would like any food ideas from those experienced. I bought mostly fish and chicken with Ms. Dash.
tamdon is offline   Reply With Quote