3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   48 Hour Diet Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/16718-48-hour-diet-recipes.html)

JoyUvette 05-30-2002 09:55 AM

48 Hour Diet Recipes

Does anyone have the recipe for the Hollywood 48 Hour Diet drink, which is basically the same as LA Weigh Loss' Take Off? I know the recipes are floating around out there, so if anyone has them, please share.

If I come across anything, I will post it here.

Joy

JoyUvette 05-30-2002 04:33 PM

FOUND IT...

L.A. WEIGHT LOSS "TAKE OFF" DRINK
Used to "jump start" the dieting/weight loss process…

Just follow this simple recipe to make this EXACT drink!

1. One Cup Papaya Juice

2. One Banana

3. One-Half Cup Green Tea, strongly brewed

4. One Scoop Soy Protein Powder w/ Spirulina

5. One-half Cup Blueberries "Can Be Frozen "

6. One-Fourth Cup Carrot Juice

7. One-Fourth Cup Apricot Juice

8. One-Half Cup Non-Fat Plain Yogurt

9. One Pack Sweet & Low

Blend all of the above ingredients together until smooth. Serve over ice. Recipe yields 2 servings. Drink every 3 hours or less (up to 6 times a day).

**** Try to use juices with no added sugar or corn syrups, as this is the key to losing quickly! ****

Supplement with unlimited raw vegetables and pure (dry) proteins:
§ Celery Sticks, Baby Carrots, Green Pepper Slices, Mushroom Slices, Cherry, Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Yellow Squash Slices, etc.
§ Steak, Chicken, Eggs, Veal, Fish

**** Do not consume fried foods. Use as little seasonings and fat as possible. Nothing else is allowed. ****

Do this diet for ONLY 2 days, you can go 3...but no longer!! This is meant to jump start your weight loss or get off those pesky 5-10 pounds quickly. It is not meant to be continued after 3 days. It can, however, be repeated every 2 weeks or so.

Hockeychic 05-31-2002 11:06 AM

Have you tried it

I was thinking of giving it a try for a weekend have you tried it and did it work for you.

I know it is probably a water weight thing but it might work for motivaton.

xYTx 05-31-2002 11:26 AM

juice

I used the LA Weightloss version of the recipe, and I lost 7.4 lbs in the weekend I used the juice. Whether or not it was water weight, it sure did motivate me to stay on the plan. And it doesn't taste too bad either :)

prettyangeleyes2002 06-05-2002 05:13 AM

L.A. Weight Loss "Take Off" Drink Plan

The foods listed, Is that what you can eat during the weekend? I thought the drink is the only thing you drank for the two days? I need help to understand this diet, Please help I really need to lose weight! I'm graduating in 2 weeks and want to lose a few pounds before then. HELP!!!!!

Starting weight: 192lbs
Current weight: 184lbs
Goal weight: 140lbs

xYTx 06-05-2002 07:44 AM

NO!! Definitely do NOT starve yourself. You eat a diet of lean protein and raw green veggies while you're on the juice. No fruits, no bread, no pasta (no carbohydrates). And only do it for 2-3 days. Starving yourself will mess with your metabolism and could cause you not to lose any weight at all.

After you finish the juice, you'll have to take up a calorie-counting or portion-controlled diet and change your eating habits, otherwise the weight will come back.