General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/See My 3FC Diet Blog/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing this diet as well. This is my fourth day and I have already lost 5 pounds in the past 3 days. It's true you don't feel hungry. I have a long way to go (at least 4 months) but we'll see what happens.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #17  

can you tell me how much the program costs?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #18  

I just ckd out their website and listened to the phone orientation. When I phoned my local counselor she said the fee was $75 for the first visit and $50 for each thereafter. Remember this is not a lifestyle...just a short and extreme weight loss program that will reset your bodies weight point. So basically it will vary with each person. I was told if i dont cheat! then i should only be going for 3-4 weeks till i reach my goal weight. I believe transition and maintenance are free of charge. Im going to start next week since i have 2 prior food centered engagements this weekend!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #19  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I am in the middle of my second week on the program and while it is drastic, I need something drastic! Days 2 and 3 were very tough - I was downright nasty. But by day 5 and on, I am fine and food itself is not really a focus in my day any longer. You can only eat between 12Noon and 6PM so as long as you commit to NOT CHEATING you just aren't hungry so any possible food you want is all behavioral. My stomach still growls around 10:30AM but it's getting better.

I have a lot to lose but week 1 I lost 14 - and so far this week it's another 4. The adhesive on the beads is a little itchy - but I have a slight allergy to adhesives. I thought the milk days would be very tough but plain whole milk yogurt with a small amt of sugar free jello powder - makes a great fruit flavored yogurt. I will update further but so far so good.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #20  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in NJ View Post
I am in the middle of my second week on the program and while it is drastic, I need something drastic! Days 2 and 3 were very tough - I was downright nasty. But by day 5 and on, I am fine and food itself is not really a focus in my day any longer. You can only eat between 12Noon and 6PM so as long as you commit to NOT CHEATING you just aren't hungry so any possible food you want is all behavioral. My stomach still growls around 10:30AM but it's getting better.

I have a lot to lose but week 1 I lost 14 - and so far this week it's another 4. The adhesive on the beads is a little itchy - but I have a slight allergy to adhesives. I thought the milk days would be very tough but plain whole milk yogurt with a small amt of sugar free jello powder - makes a great fruit flavored yogurt. I will update further but so far so good.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well on it! Congrats on getting through the first week, that's a lot!
I am on it right now.. I was on it previously but I never transitioned and I got into really horrible eating habits in college so I gained..
I love milk days actually, I feel like those are the days I lose. There's a lotta great recipes on the AW site with milk..
Water is the main thing that gets me through this diet though, every sip helps.
Maybe we can keep each other updated?

Last edited by Starrynight; 09-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #21  

Hi I just started the diet with Dr. Schwartz in the Hackensack office and looking forward to getting started.. I understand the veggie and fruit days, but I am not sure about the milk days. When he says 20 oz of milk or yogurt does that mean thats all you have is the 20 oz for the day. What did you have on those days to jazz it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #22  

Hi. Good Luck to you. Can you tell me where you get whole milk yogurt. Everything I find says low fat or non fat.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #23  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Chris - Sorry I didn't see your posts until now. You should sign up (with a separate email account) for the Accu Weight mail list. You need to be on the program to get access but everyone on there is so encouraging and they really help the newbies.

Plain Whole Milk Yogurt - Shoprite sells their own name brand in a 32 oz container. The way I eat it is to add a little bit of sugar free jello powder (less than a tsp) - just to give it color and a slight flavor. I also add a packet of Splenda just to make it a little sweeter for me. Not a big fan of plain yogurt.

Whole Milk - since I don't really like milk either, I add in the Walden Farms sugar free chocolate syrup. They sell it in the West Orange office - but I also found that in my Shoprite (along with Strawberry and Blueberry too) - in the aisle with the ice cream toppings. The chocolate really tastes like a chocolate shake to me. It's a real treat on the milk days.

On milk days around 1PM I usually have 5 oz plain yogurt (doctored up like I mentioned above).... then another 5 oz. around 4PM and finally at 6PM I drink my delicious chocolate shake... Once you are on the plan for 7-10 days you will not be hungry at all. Like today was my veggie day. I had a banana at 1PM - then at 6:30PM I was taking my girls to a sleepover at church and realized it was after 6PM and I never had any other veggies or fruit all day. I am purposely trying to avoid my kitchen - but even today I had to make goodies for the sleepover and I only had a minimal twinge of sadness that I couldn't taste what I was making. It's very weird to not think about eating.... but I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks and already 3 this week so I'll take it.

Good Luck - I will try to check back here to see if you need more help... or just send me a private message.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #24  
Becoming better overall

Hey, would like to hear some updates!
How is it going Principina and Kim? Am curious to hear about losses!

I went off plan for a few weeks due to some unexpected events and school, but I'm starting back tomorrow.

For milk days, I find that xanthan gum is really great b/c you get so much more.. The recipes listed on the accuweight site for milk shakes are great.
For yogurt days, vanilla extract and splenda are all you really need to make it "flavored" - I also tried french vanilla flavoring and it tasted like the real thing!
I love milk days though, I feel like I lose the most during those days.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #25  
Becoming better overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohmimix3 View Post
Hey stranger Haha I'm back on as well. I'M SO AFRAID OF GAINING NOW THAT I LIVE AT RUTGERS. Ugh its kind of hard to even eat what we are allowed because I make sure I wake up as late as possible without being late to class, so I don't really have time to eat. Obviously I can't really eat in class, and well by the time I get back to my room its almost 6 AND not to mention I have you know hw and exams and stuff... its just very hard to prioritize. Do I wanna lose weight? Or do I wanna get an A? LOL I know there can be a balance but its just hard at first. I'm on day 3 now. Also now I HAVE to go home every weekend to change my beads which sucks. Didn't you do long distance Tasnuva? I'm afraid I'll do it wrong or something...

Are you on the diet now?
Hey to you too! Long time no talk, how are u like RU? Yeah, I know at the NB campus its much tougher b/c of how far apart some classes are.. My freshman year, we had to have a meal plan and it was SO tough to diet, I ended up gaining, well for me, a freshman 20. I've been struggling with the HW situation too, stressing about that on top of work and of course, at the same time, the desire to eat with everyone!
I'm doing it right now. Yeah you can do long-distance and they send you all the information on where to place the beads and whatnot.
I'm fortunate enough that we have a kitchen so no meal plans, and I'm roommates with someone that I knew and understands my diet, so I feel no social pressure from her.
I was considering doing the mediterranean diet during the school year b/c of how tough it is to avoid the social part of eating, but b/c of my schedule and who I live with, I feel like I can stick to it. See what is good for you - I'm very stubborn and I like the simplicity of this diet, so this is it for me, but if you feel like it's not realistic or isn't the time for you, maybe try a different diet and then when we have the month off, go back on Accu-weight and finish it off during the spring semester.
Let's keep each other updated though! And if you ever come down to the Newark campus, let me know.

Last edited by Starrynight; 10-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #26  
Becoming better overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohmimix3 View Post
Just got back from the office. I lost 11 lbs my first week...AND TOM WAS HERE. yayyy! I hope I can lose another 10 this week... WATER really helps, but I have to force myself and its on and off between days. I need to be consistent with my water intake

Good luck everyone!
Hey! Good to hear, congrats.
I was off of it for a while and ate pretty unhealthy (I'm talking, take-out, pizza, late night snacks, the usual college stuff) and gained back weight (though, I did start back during TOM, so idk how much of that was water retention).. so I went back to 180.. but I've been on it for 8 days now and I'm pleased to say that I'm at 169 as of yesterday.
I must say though, I did have a cheat last night and I felt horrible.. but I didn't let it get me down, I didn't do anything too severe, but I did have chocolate and some crackers, ugh - I didn't even crave it, it was just a habitual thing, I was watching TV and all these images of food were everywhere and it messed with my head.
Drinking water is just so key, I've been drinking tons and tons, and at first I had to go all the time, but now that my body is used to the amount I drink, I don't go as often. Lemon with water is really good if you need some kinda taste to it.
I'm hoping for at least 5 this week. I'm starting my cardio regimen today as well, nothing too crazy, just a modest average of 30-40 minutes on the treadmill/elliptical. Walking really helps.. I noticed even if I'm just taking a long walk, nothing too intense, my weight drops by the end of the night.

Last edited by Starrynight; 10-26-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #27  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Starry... I'm doing pretty good. I lost 28lbs the first month (14 in week 1) - but last week I was sick and on antibiotics so I wasn't following it to a "T" and the beads were from the prior week but I was too sick to drive up to North Jersey for more beads. I went yesterday and I had stayed the same (that was a gift!) I too love the milk days - especially since I make the ice cream in the Cuisinart machine with the chocolate WF dip. YUMMM I am off to bed but just happened to check in here tonight. Glad you are re-committed too! Good Luck
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #28  
Becoming better overall

Oo that is good to hear! I really want to try the ice cream.. I just haven't gotten around to getting all the ingredients. 28 pounds is great! Congrats.

I just came across this recipe that I think is legal on the AW diet. It sounds divine!

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

1 Avocado
8 small chopped dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Blend it all together! Makes 2-3 servings.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #29  

Well ladies.....and gents i did the 3 cycles of 10 days each...began in September the 25th to be exact. I am done and have lost 20 lbs and over 25 inches!!!!! this program is amazing!! people are commenting constantly on how i look. I am fitting into clothing i haven't worn in 15 years!!! feels fantastic! i highly recommend it.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #30  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

WOW Bonnie - that is terrific!!!
I am struggling - I cheated once and that's all it took. I am still down but haven't lost any additional because I haven't gotten new beads in 2 weeks and I just haven't focused either. HATE having candy in the house - but with 3 kids it's inevitable. I do great everyday until 7PM - then I'm craving salt and meat...ugh!!! I need to read your post everyday.
Closed Thread