Volumetrics Rookie

• I am begining Volumetrics Eating Plan. Any advice or tips anyone can share. Lunch seems to be my hardest time. Thanks!
  • Hi there GREEK12SEE . . . did you lose the Volumetrics thread . . . ???

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135807
  • I haven't read the volumetrics book, but I am a volume eater, which I assume is the same thing. My new thing for lunch has been: 1/2 red pepper, sliced, 85g baby carrots, 85g raw broccoli florets, a whole wheat pita, and 1/4c. of garlic hummus for dipping. It's easy, portable, delicious, and very voluminous! It also takes a long time to eat, and is packed with nutrients. Another wonderful meal if you have access to a microwave is what I call a "fajita bowl". Saute a bell pepper and a small onion in a skillet coated in non-stick spray. Combine that with a serving of brown rice, 1c. of black beans, 1/4c. reduced fat cheddar, and salsa to taste. It's really delicious and yields a huge volume of food. Adjust portions to your calorie preferences. Of course, you have the option of eating a big salad loaded with veggies (don't forget the protein source for satiety though!). Those are my suggestions off the top of my head. I love eating this way, and I hope you enjoy it as well. Good luck!