General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

Default common sense / basic advice for teenage dieters?

Hey 3FCers! I'm writing to ask if anyone has a good suggestion of a book that might be good for my younger sister and mom to read about how my sister could improve her diet. She's really NOT fat, nor does she eat particularly unhealthy, but because she is a dancer and not naturally blessed with a thin figure, she feels like she's terribly overweight. My mom is naturally thin, and is also someone who never really has to worry about her eating (she doesn't crave food or snack like the rest of our family), so she knows relatively little about how to go about helping my sister eat a healthy diet that'll make her feel good about herself. Frankly, I'm really unhappy with the way they are doing things, which is basically to eat really small portions of three meals without considering total calories or other nutritional facts about what her diet contains.

One of the reasons why I'm asking this question is because I've noticed my sister bookmarking some internet diet sites that I think are sort of sketchy (you know what I mean, "BUY THIS E-BOOK TO LOSE WEIGHT *FAST*!")

Ideally, the book/plan would be nonthreatening/supportive, easily approachable, and a good read. I don't want to seem like I am pushing her to lose weight, only encouraging a more well-rounded eating plan if she's going to start restricting her intake as she has.
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/254/130

Height: 5' 2"

Fit or Fat is an oldie, but a goodie!
igottadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/254/130

Height: 5' 2"

Also, if she's looking on the web, try to get her to go here. There's so much help and support.
igottadoit is offline   Reply With Quote