General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #61  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey there! Where are you guys?
I had a good weekend. I went to the mall and got a new pair of jeans in a smaller size, and some new underwear.
I found something new at the grocery store this weekend. Weight Watchers ice cream bars were on sale. The fudge bars (100 calories) and Oreo Cookie bars (130 calories) are GOOD. I'm hooked.
I did have a weak moment and bought a package of Cadbury Cream Egg's. I LOVE them. I ate one (150 calories). I'll save another one for Easter, and hopefully my husband will eat the other two!
Something good to report....my husband gave me cookies for Valentine's Day, and I still have a bunch of them sitting on the counter that I haven't eaten. I'm going to throw them out soon.

Karen - I'm glad to hear you're back and had a good trip. It's also good to hear that you're not too discouraged by the 3 pounds. Life happens, and I know you'll be able to lose them again!

Hope you're all doing well,
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #62  

Hiya I posted in another thread and was welcomed to come here and post with you lot so hi! Im new to this forum but not dieting thats for sure, your typical yo-yo dieter here but this time I am really going to try. Printed out all these sheets to write exactly what I eat and what exercise I do so it is cold hard facts if im bad, so hopefully I wont be! My partner is also putting all my measurments and weight into excel and will let it calculate week by week how im doing. Im pulling out all the stops this time to have a good go at it and now finding this forum hopefully I can do it with support
lindsay989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 245/245/145

Default New Girl

Hi everyone! I am just starting my fitness plan... I'm trying slimfast because I bought it a few months back and it's still sitting on the counter... What routine do you all recommend... I would like to loose about 50lbs but 100 would put me at the "normal" weight for my height... I'm a college student and I live in the dorms... So the commons food is something that i have to eat everyday!
jazzyabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #64  
One pound at a time!

Smile

Welcome Lindsay and JazzyAbby! I'm so glad you found our Slim Fasters thread! I hope you'll stick around, ask questions, and let us get to know you! Those of us participating in this thread are getting to know each other, and it really does help to have accountability! We all approach Slim Fast a little differently, some stick more to what Slim Fast recommends, and some have evolved into their own plans.
Have you checked out the Slim Fast site? (www.slimfast.com) There's lots of good info there on how to get started. As for me, I usually eat a Slim Fast meal on the go bar for breakfast (oatmeal raisin is my favorite), another Slim Fast meal bar and maybe 1/2 a sandwich and an apple for lunch, and a dinner with lots of veggies. I have a shake instead of a meal bar a couple of times a week, but my stomach can't handle them too often. I think it's too much milk for me. I also have 3 snacks, and aim for around 1500 calories per day and 4-5 fruits/veggies per day. I am also exercising around 5-6 days a week.
I have lost 10% of my starting weight and can't wait for 15%!
I hope to learn more about you two. Keep us posted on how you're doing and feel free to ask questions too!
Beth
Old 03-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #65  

As you just said about milk i shouldnt actually drink it i havnt been told not to but i cant tollerate it, after drinking milk or any dairy i feel really sick but slim fast is so much easier to stick to then other diets; As you replace meals with shakes or bars and not eat other food, where with other diets you still eat and its harder to watch what you are eating. I need all the support I can get with the diet and continuing with the milk lol its not too bad I feel okay after about 15 minutes and its skimmed!
lindsay989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #66  
One pound at a time!

Lindsay~
They do have lactose free SF shakes. I haven't tried them, as I think I remember them being more expensive. Maybe I'll try them sometime!
I love the SF plan, because there's nothing that is totally off limits, as long as I can factor it into my daily calories. I don't have to eliminate all ice cream, carbs, or anything. Some other diets are so restrictive, I could never do it!
Hope you stick around!
Beth
Old 03-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #67  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

I've been gone SO LONG! LOL

Well girls I had an absolutely fantastic scrapbooking weekend! I actually got 10 whole pages done, which is amazing since it normally takes me hours and hours to do a single page! Anyhow it was interesting with the food. Every day there were three meals and three snacks. Not great as far as healthy food goes, but I made it work and so far haven't gained anything. I also didn't lose anything for last week...still sitting at 196... Oh well....onwards and downwards! LOL

Beth: The wedding plans are feeling very overwhelming at times. I just can't seem to keep ahead of things! The really scary part is that right now I'm in a little bit of a lull...but about 8 weeks before the wedding things are going to go nuts and I'll still be brand new at my full-time job. Oh well...I'm a trooper and so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best. Congratulations on another 2lbs loss! You totally Rock! As for the rice and pasta I do eat them. I use brown rice and whole wheat pasta (still haven't managed to order the Fiber Gourmet pasta...but it's supposed to be really good and easy to fit into any plan)...with potatoes I only eat sweet pots and yams...very, very rarely do I eat white potatoes. Watch out for those Cream Eggs....I love them too, but they're the devil in a cadbury coating! LOL

Amanda: Thanks for letting me know that I had an influence with your weight loss journey. I'm sooo glad to help. And I might just take you up on that offer some day. I've only ever been to Orlando...but I'd love to see more of your beautiful state! And then we can go party with our skinny selves! LOL

Karen: I'm so glad to hear that things worked out with your dad! I hope you'll have him around for a bunch more years now that they've fixed his heart. Don't worry about a little gain...I find that sometimes when I'm away from home my biggest downfall is the lack of water. Once I get back on the 2L a day of water...things even back out again fast!

Lindsay: to our little group. This is by far the best support group I've even been a part of. It's so great to get information and ideas from so many different people...all with different starting points...different goals...different plans and yet we all share the common goal of getting healthy! I hope you'll post often and also post in our weekly WI thread! I wonder if you've tried the lactose free SF products? Another alternative is to eliminate the shakes and use the bars instead...that way you don't have to take milk if it upsets your tummy. Or maybe, use lactaid milk instead...or even light soy milk or light almond breeze? Not sure what that would be like, but if you've got issues with lactose, why put your poor guts through the torture! LOL

Jazzy: to you also! Sounds like you're ready to join and kick some butt! I thing one of the best ways to get started is to visit the SF.com website and see what a meal plan would look like for you. It's totally free and will give you a good idea of what a day's worth of food should look like. Hope to see you post often!

Barb? Jax? April? AnnCan? How are all of you doing? Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Talk to you all soon!
Cheers,
T
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #68  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

I finally am back on track. Exercising and today was the first day I ate right since last week. It feels pretty good!

I have already exercised twice this week and I am just waiting for all the snow to go away so we can get out doors. Right now it is a gaint mess of mudd and ice.

We are moving again. It has been a weird new year. This time over 100 miles away!! It's all soo exciting... packing... well isn't. Lol.

I'm back up to 180, but noticed that the scale really varies from day to day, so I'm back to my once a week routine. I haven't weighed myself since Sunday, and I hope to stick to that. I'm going to leave my ticker the same until Sunday and then see where I am at.

Ran out of SF yesterday. Hopefully I will get my butt in gear and go get some more soon!!

Congrats everyone!

Welcome newcomers! You guys(gals) are always welcome!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #69  
One pound at a time!

Hello Lovely Ladies~
It's good to see you back Tamara and April!

April ~ Are you moving for a new job? Just for fun?

Tamara ~ I'm glad you had a great trip. And I hear you on feeling overwhelmed. This time last year I was totally stressed out with wedding plans. I just couldn't believe how much stuff there was that needed to get done. But it somehow manages to get done. And if the table centerpieces (or whatever) don't turn out EXACTLY like you had dreamed about....it really won't matter.
When we got really stressed out we would say something like, "even if ______ doesn't get done, we're still going to be married by the end of that day." And that would make us smile. Even if we didn't have bridesmaid dresses or a cake or whatever...we were still getting married and all the other details really weren't THAT important.
It will be a beautiful day and you will be beautiful.

I've been watching the Biggest Loser on You Tube (search for "Biggest Loser Australia 1"). I love it! My motivation has been low the last couple of days, and watching a bunch of it yesterday really pumped me up. I couldn't wait to go to the gym and work hard last night. I ran 1/2 a mile, then went to an hour step arobics class, and then jumped on the elliptical for anther 10 minutes. I got all sweaty, and it felt great!
This morning is my husband's last final of the quarter and then he is on Spring Break. I'm going to take a couple of days off next week to do something with him, but we don't know what yet. This weekend is Easter, and we don't have any plans either. We haven't heard of either of families getting together.
Well, I better get back to work.
Love you guys!
Beth
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #70  
April

Moving for both... and to be closer to my daddy. Ahh... I can't wait. :}
Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #71  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies - I hope everyone is doing well this week. I'm living with a lot of boyfriend stress...but I'll get through it and over it - it's causing me to not lose weight like I'm used to....which sucks. I'm ready to be done with the weight loss portion of my journey and on to the maintenance portion. I know...we all want to be there....I have just been off track for a bit and not as hard core as I've always been....but working on getting back to hard core.

Have a great weekend !
~A
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #72  
One pound at a time!

Hello Lovely Ladies~

Well, I posted a one pound loss for the week. While I would love to see a bigger loss, it is a loss, and I am happy for that.

I hope you guys all have a fabulous weekend, and don't go too off plan at holiday parties! Happy Easter.
Beth

Last edited by bethbeth; 03-21-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #73  

Height: 5'10

Hey guys I have so many slimfasts left so I decided to use them. Here's the plan I am planning to use.
5:00am- 1 hour of exercise
Breakfast- Slimfast
Snack- Celery Sticks & half a cucumber sliced
Lunch- Slimfast
Snack- High fiber organic granola bar.
Dinner- Grilled Chicken Salad with vegetables.
Snack: Serving of fruit
Night- 1 hour of exercise

Opinions on this plan would be appreciated because I am trying to speed up my metabolism. I think it's really slow from past eating issues which is why I gain weight

Last edited by sweetlovin; 03-22-2008 at 12:35 AM.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everybody! Just thought that I would pop in tonight and say Hello! My computer has been a mess this past week and today after spending 4 hours on the phone with MSN and getting absolutely no where---- I undid their "fix" and fixed it all myself! So frustrating!

Anyway, I will be getting on the dreaded scales in the morning and will post my weight and change my ticker no matter which way it goes. I'm hoping downward but it hasn't been a really good week as far as exercise. So I'm prepared. Hope everyone has a good night and HAPPY EASTER!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #75  
April

Does anyone on here us turkey burgers and/or veggie burgers? Do they taste good? Do they taste that much different then normal hamburgh?

I really want to try them... Are they that much better for you?

What brands do you suggest I try?

Thanks!