General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick check in.Had my WW weigh in and weight stayed the same,didn't handle it well.Had a 1 lb gain last week and stayed the same this week.Hurt my back today when my car door was frozen shut,pulled the door open and slipped.Terrible lower back pain,sat in the tub and now laying on the heating pad after work.No swimming and I have been eating nonstop everything I think I shouldn't.Bad day and just lost all drive to do what I know I should.Tommorrow is another day.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Go, go, Beckies, and Oh, no, Beckies!

Wendylan, Oh, no...I feel your pain! Sometimes, even though we know we are having sabotaging thoughts, we just give in. We KNOW that if we would just go back to the Beck plan, we would be back on track, but we choose not to. I hope that we all can send you healing, positive thoughts that just pull you back...open the book...I don't think it matters where.....just dig in...it works if you just DO IT...you will feel confident if you get back on track.

mezmerize: I am glad you, too, have the "to go box Bandit"..a DS who can consume about 3000 + calories a day. Such a gift! (mine is pretty sweet, too)

Kulhjeanie: I am so glad you are feeling the strength and confidence of Beck.....it does work...trust it, enjoy it.........but, CONSTANT VIGILANCE....it has happened to me......I get confident ...and let up......trust and enjoy....but, be careful........what is so hard for me now is to be so close to "OK"...not there in my mind..and what I know was best for me before (15#s less of me!)..But, still, it is so easy to slack off....and so, just stay with us, girl! Stay posting, accountable....teaching us, holding us accountable..

IF someone will pick up and lead days 11 and 12, I will chime in....they are powerful tools....you just never know what piece of the puzzle you will need at a particular time.....but if we all keep sharing, it will work...I just marvel at what we are all learning and sharing.

I love our team!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #93  

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Nothing like receiving a tattered cardboard firetruck that was buried in my daughter’s room along with a “thank you card” with her handwriting of my name and hers on it….this in response to me giving her a valentine and her wanting to reciprocate. So sweet!

Wendylan: Oh no….I am so sorry about your back! We take that kind of stuff for granted until something happens….Yes, tomorrow is another day and you have a plan… sending you healing thoughts…

Maryblu: It is so good for you to share with us your experiences with Beck and weight loss. I feel a panic after I have lost a lot of weight and begin to gain… it is so great that you came back to Beck (did you ever leave it all the way?)…. True confession: I have, in the midst of a sabotaging thought, said to myself, “all I have to do is pick up where I left off after I eat xyz”…. Thinking that I need to eat that food but will control some level of it… what a head trip that is!

Today, I had my plan in place and was solid. Then one of my sweet students brought in a nonfat mocha (a small one) and a lowfat muffin. I thought about throwing the muffin away but struggled with the “free food” thing that BillBlueEyes talks about sometimes. Then, treats kept appearing on my desk including several boxes of chocolates. Credit Moi for not opening those chocolates and for leaving them at school-I will put them in the staff lounge tomorrow or in the mail to BillBlueEyes –haaaha. I did eat several small chocolate items that came across my desk. I didn’t keep perfect count of how many but ballparked it on my food log. Then, my friend, who is the parent of one of my students comes in with a bouquet of flowers and a card… and she says loudly, “apparently your students don’t know that their teacher is shrinking…get those chocolates into the staff lounge!”… It was just what I needed at that moment! I went RIGHT back on plan at that point and feel fine now and don’t feel like eating something that I shouldn’t. Another friend came in and asked if I wanted to do the danskin triathlon (it is a sprint marathon)…we can share the legs… I agreed to do the biking part-it is 12 miles! Our goal is to simply finish and I am excited about possibly having a more tangible fitness goal to work toward. I am awaiting a call back from her to see if she is still on board with that so we can sign up when registration begins! WOW! I feel like I am waking up from sleeping many years away! Big kudos to me for getting myself out there more and for planning activities that I am excited about and support my healthy lifestyle!

Hope everyone is doing well… who will pick up days 11 and 12?

Til tomorrow, Heidi
Old 02-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #94  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - The Ides of February

Diet Coaches - Did my gym and a short walk. CREDIT moi. Instead of roses, I got DW a ticket to the Boston Flower Show - gazillions of flowers in March just when the spirit needs a boost from the winter doldrums.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Waving - hope you're in the pool.

MaryBlu - Thanks for the reminder: Believe It and CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - What a great Valentine's Day story. Kudos for making a plan and sticking to it. (Checking my email for excess chocolates, LOL). Good luck with your triathlon. Are you already biking? By-the-by, several postings ago you apparently lost a space between ':' and 'T'; without the space, ": T" becomes "", LOL.

wendy (wendylan) - Ouch for that back. Kudos for getting it into a tub and onto a hot pad. Sorry that your weigh in hit you hard. Beck seems to recognize how easy it is for us to be knocked off track when a weigh in doesn't meet our expectations. In Program-day 21: Get ready to weigh in, she writes:
"If you view your weight as an indication of how weak, inadequate, or out of control you are, then weight gains (or smaller-than-expected weight loses) can easily result in overeating. If you took your temperature, you would use the number on the thermometer as a guide to decide whether you should go to work,whether you should take over-the-counter medication, or whether you should call your doctor. When you weigh yourself, use the number on the scale as a guide to decide whether you should keep doing what you're doing or make some changes." Beck, pg 171.
Hope your back feels better today and your scale reading becomes no more than a scale reading.

CatR - Only 300 calories for dinner seems like an admirable shift of your eating to earlier in the day.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - You're a valued contributer to this group in whatever form you choose contribute. I just love your notion of bypass surgery for the brain. I, too, have to continuously fight the Sabotaging Thought that this healthy lifestyle will come to a crashing end with no warning. I read my version of the Believe It Response Card every day. I now have the tools to live this way. Forever.

Mez (mezmerize) - Kudos for stopping after one bite into your second veggie taco; so nice to be aware of the sense of being sufficiently full rather than only aware that a food opportunity is available. LOL at the thought of your refrigerator mouse; I had one of those. When he left for college I had the amazing rediscovery of the joy of leftovers. Now that I'm eating rationally, I wish he was back.

Readers – "Most dieters who end up in my office…have such thoughts as:
... I can’t resist this food. …
If any of these thought sound familiar to you, you’re the perfect candidate for the Beck Diet Solution." Beck, pg 18.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Wendylan – I hope you feel better soon.

Maryblu – I’ve learned so much from this book. I don’t if it’s just me but I find I’m The Beck Diet Book Pusher! I have many wonderful things to say about it and when I go to explain it to friends I jump all over the place for every step is just as important as the next!

Hbuchwald – Aww very cute Valentine! LOL @ sending them to Bill. What great friends!!!

BillBlueEyes – I bet the flower show is something else!!
I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day! My husband got me Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party for my Wii player. I’m going to give it a try as soon as I’m finished here. It has a get in shape working and calorie tracker. I’m not sure how involved it is but if it gets me moving then I’m all for it.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

Default Day 11: Differentiate between hunger, desire, cravings

Maryblu: Day 11 is learning to tell when you are really hungry.

Hunger: You haven't eaten for several hours. Hunger is the empty sensation in your stomach which is often accompanied by stomach rumblings.

Desire: You eat a big meal and still want to eat more.

Craving: You have a very strong urge to eat, accompanied by a feeling of tension and an unpleasant yearning sensation in your mouth, throat or body.

During this day, we are to log how our stomachs feel and the strength of hunger on a scale of 0-10 for each meal and snack.
This is to be done:
Before the meal or snack
Midway through the meal
Immediately after the meal
20 minutes after the meal

I am now in the 4th week of my eating plan. I feel hunger before it is time for another meal or snack. Cravings rarely come up. I am retired and am usually at home, which is devoid of the trigger foods, like ice cream, which would set cravings off. I eat enough to take care of the hunger, but my meals are small and I usually don't feel "full". I frequently desire more food, even 20 minutes after a meal, but don't feel any compulsion to actually eat more.

Now the reality is that I am only going to be able increase my daily food intake by about 300 calories at maintenance if I increase my daily fitness activities to allow for the lower caloric requirement of my goal weight. So I may be just learning what "full" means.

Heidi: How wonderful to have a fitness-oriented friend. The triathlon should help keep you on track.

Wendylan: You did have a bad day! The most important thing is to just get back on plan. I hope your back pain subsides soon.

Mez: Dance, Dance sounds like something fun to do.

BillBlueEyes: A ticket to the flower show for DW was a creative idea. I have done my share of stress-eating when there is too much to get done, so good job in not supporting your local vending machines.

Last edited by CatR; 02-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #97  

Howdy all,

thanks CatR for doing day 11. Misplace my book, but still have the workbook. I know hunger, I know that it passes but recently been plagued with very strong cravings and desires. I have had a very tough week-emotionally I feel on edge, anxious and often very defeated about all of my capabilities-I have been eating more. I also been using more artificial sweeteners -made a yummy granitas with blood oranges and splenda, drinking more splenda sweeten sodas.-I just read there is some research that such sweeteners harm weight loss. The body may treat it like it is sugar and responds with wanting more food. In the past I haven't been bothered by the stuff, but recently I seem to only maintain my weight loss, or gain but not not to lose more. What do the rest of folks think of the stuff-any problems with it?

Today I am recording my hourly anwers to the Question- Do I feel like eating now? Does any one else feeling like sharing their recording of the day?

Heidi-great valentine day posting-Good luck on you bike ride. I so understand sabotaging thought- just this bite of stuff right now then I'll go back on program-but I am doing this over and over again. Both having the bite and going back to program.

wendylan-ouch, ouch oh the pain of sore back. Yep that makes a bad day. We both will back on progam as of this minute-we want to be thinner and this is the only way.

Mexmirize-great val gift- Hope it is a fun move.

BillBlueeyes-Fun outing on Val day-I love looking at landscaping and garden shows. My DH and I took a long ride and saw snow on the tops of the coastal Mountian range. exciting-got some thai food also- So caloric is that thai ice tea - least at the mexican meal I had low cal fish tacos-no cheese or sour cream and they were yummy.

Has any one used the Veggie cook book by Bittman?Know of a good easy veggie cook book? I need more easy yummy veggie dishes.

Maryblue-hang in there- it's also tough to be about 140 lb away from goal. If I am "perfect" I should reach goal by 12/09. Part of me really want to say what the heck I'll never make-but slowly I plug away. Both of my brothers are diabetic and over 300lbs and they think I am crazy for even try dieting-just accept our family fate to be fat.

KuhlJeanie-loved hearing your success!!! go go I bet all that running really helps.

I do get credit for continued swimming-I find it also helps my morale so much. No more rain is schedule until mid next week, The pool drops down to the mid 70's which is a bit hard my arthritis along with just being so cold when the outside temp is in the 40's.

today plan is to record my response to craving, desire and hunger, meditate, stop to look at sabotaging thoughts versus of giving into them.

sue
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all and thanks for the suppport.Back feels a bit better today but still painful.Hope I can make it back to swim by Sunday.Bad food day again today,I am thinking of switching to the WW core plan.It is my second choice from the Beck book,choose a second diet plan.I have been looking up some recipes online.The WW flex plan just isn't working very well for me and I am getting frustrated and losing very slowly.I am going to start Sat with that and I have to shop for a few items. As for splenda I use a few packets daily,in my tea or yogurt and have one diet soda daily and I do not have a problem with it.I like it the best of all the sweeteners but I do not feel I go overboard with it.One thing I love when I am craving sweets is a sliced lemon with splenda sprinkled on,it satisfies my sweet craving.I will check in Sat.thanks wendy

Last edited by wendylan; 02-15-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I am willing to post Days 12-14. Since Day 11 got started late, I thought I would post Day 12 on Sunday, Day 13 on Tuesday and Day 14 on Thursday. That would get us caught up. Any other opinions?

CoastalSue: I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time this past week. Are you concerned about being able to continue to lose weight? You have already shown that you can do it with your 68 pound weight loss. It doesn't take much off-plan eating to stall weight loss. I hope your current difficulties pass soon.

Wendy: I am doing better at keeping on plan than any time in the past because I finally found what works for me. Good luck with the WW core diet. I am happy to hear your back is starting to get better.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #100  

Default Beck friends in various places

Dear Beckies,

I woke up this morning with the "DOH!" smack in the forehead. I stayed up all night and it dawned on me.......that my post yesterday was somewhat misleading....and thanks, Heidi (hbuckwald), for bringing me back to full disclosure with your question:

"Maryblu: It is so good for you to share with us your experiences with Beck and weight loss. I feel a panic after I have lost a lot of weight and begin to gain… it is so great that you came back to Beck (did you ever leave it all the way?)"

Here is what I need to clarify: My 80# wt. loss was PRE-BECK. It happened about 6 yrs. ago.. just a steady 5# a month wt. loss for over a year. I had a reason to lose; I was running for political office.......ran twice, lost twice, the last time by 8 votes,( out of 4500 +cast)..at any rate, that was pre-Beck. I had been fat all my life. Not just my adult life, all my life. I was fat in grade school, high school, college, and all my adult career. I was about 46 when I just got full.

I "found" Beck about May of last year, and it just clicked. It rang so true with me, I knew. I knew from here on, I had the plan, the sure-fire behavior floor plan not to fail. What is not working for me now is that I use it just long enough to lose a few pounds, get confident, and then just do my own thing, gain it back, and then have to go back to Beck. I am in a spot where the pain of a few unwanted pounds is not enough to keep me on track with Beck....and, thanks for the reality check, dear Sue(CoastalSue) "Maryblue-hang in there- it's also tough to be about 140 lb away from goal."

We all know the one practicing Beck day after day after day is BillBE. Bill, you are just remarkable. You are the ONE who practices CONSTANT VIGILANCE..and I do realize that while we all depend on your daily post, it is your TOTAL commitment to maintenance....call it Beck, call it maintenance, you are TOTALLY committed.....and I am just playing with fire...I am ......I am just playing with fire..except I truly know that the Beck CBT is my ace in the hole.....it works........just writing it down.....just having a diet coach to report to....it is a "no fail" behavior plan.

Look at the changes in all of us..all of us who have reported that moment of realization, of catching ourselves being mindless....because we have to report to someone, or write it down.

I know that I now remember that feeling of being much more "on my game" during the day when a little bit hungry.(day 11)..it feels good! It feels so much more ALIVE.
Who needs that sluggish full feeling mid-day? You know how you feel at 1:00 on Saturday when you are having fun and have had no time for lunch..right??

We are all in different stages of believing in the certainty that Beck CBT works, in our need/desire to change, to commit to getting control of our eating behavior; that is so evident from our posting; I just enjoy digging through all that...you are all the proof that the BDS works...more than I am...

Thanks to everyone here for being so willing to share.

Happy Saturday.....I will be writing a paper.......
Old 02-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #101  

Hi friends/coaches,
I have to check in quickly-packing and getting stuff ready for a house/dog sitter. We leave for the happiest place on earth tomorrow morning!

Maryblu-thanks for sharing your weight loss journey. I think I know what you mean about getting to a "good enough" weight. I feel like a million bucks after losing the 40 lbs that I have lost. I have 75 more to go but feel good and if I lose much more, I will have to/get to buy new clothes. We do have the tools (Beck) and the role models (Bill).

Sue: My comittment while I am gone is to write everything I eat down. I don't know how I can plan what I eat until I check out where I am going to be. I know how to balance my meals from all the preplanning I have been doing and am going to be on the Beck Satellite program for a few days. If I am recording what I eat, that can hold me accountable. I will also eat slowly.... be mindful and try to enjoy every minute of my trip!

Off to pack and get ready. I don't know if I will have internet access so will plan to check in again on Wednesday (we get back on Tuesday night).

Talk soon and keep on Beckin'!

Til Wednesday, Heidi
Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #102  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Let the 3 day weekend begin

Diet Coaches - Finally got in a day with two long walks of an hour each - about 19500 steps. CREDIT moi. I've accepted so many good reasons for slacking off my exercise, as differs from the earlier part of my journey when I'd get out for a 6am walk when my day was booked at both lunchtime and after work. Need some attention here. Re Program-day 11, Desire is the feeling that keeps coming to me: when there is food visible in a serving dish on the table, when a waiter passes with hot hors d'oeuvres, when I smell fresh baked bread. That's when I most need to work my Beck strategies. Fortunately, I've not had a lot of cravings; I do admire those of you who regularly fight those.

Sue (CoastalSue) - It took me a week to complete the simple task of recording my hunger feelings over a day - I wouldn't think about it until time for the next meal. My hunger was high (7) before breakfast and before dinner. Hunger always reduced to (0) 20 minutes after a meal. Lunch was more ambiguous; I was hungry no more than (3), but desire was high (7-9) - my brain is scheduled to eat at midday and I WANT IT NOW kicked in. Good luck on your recording day. I'm hoping you choose to share your results.

Re Splenda: What has worked for me is to avoid sugar tasting stuff, whether cane sugar, HFCS, artificial sweetners, honey, or maple syrup. Those sweet tastes don't reduce my need for sweets, they make me want more sweets. I have to just get out of the cycle as much as I can. Even the dried fruit I add to my granola awakens my desire for more sweets, but I feel able to control that. When I add fresh fruit in season, I don't have that desire to add a second peach like I have the desire to add six more dried figs. I offer no theory for my response, nor do I assume my response fits anyone else. I'm grateful for all who have share their peculiar, personal responses to food so that I'm learning to accept that my response is my response without the need for it to be the same as everybody else's.

MaryBlu - Blush; your words are way too kind, but I do thank you for them. I look forward to buying your book, The Run for Political Office Diet, LOL. We both have an 80# pre-beck loss and a strong commitment to the Beck strategies to take us the rest of our journey. Just wondering if it might be time for you to review Chapter 11, When to Stop Losing and Start Maintaining. By Beck's criteria, you might just be at your maintenance weight now, and could stand to feel really good about yourself if you were able to accept that. Perhaps worth considering.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Have a wonderful week in Disneyland. Kudos for having a plan in your pocket.

wendy (wendylan) - Sending supporting thoughts for your back. Kudos for actively working which diet plan is the best fit for you.

CatR - Thanks for starting Program-day 11. It's interesting that you describe your desire for more food as learning the feeling of full. That has certainly been true for me; I had evolved the concept of "full" to be "Thanksgiving Day stuffed." Has taken a while to redefine it to be closer to what Beck calls "mild fullness."

Mez (mezmerize) - How do you use your Wii for the Dance Dance Revolution? Do you recommend the Wii for home aerobics?

… I’m upset. I have to eat. …
If any of these thought sound familiar to you, you’re the perfect candidate for the Beck Diet Solution." Beck, pg 18.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #103  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday - Middle of the three day weekend

Diet Coaches - Mindlessly melancholy this morning. Don't know what I'm asking for, so I'll do it this way.

Sabotaging Thought:
Just wondering if this desire for food is going to decrease with time or if it's the lifelong penalty for being formerly obese. Yesterday my NSV was going to the hardware store and not obsessing about their FREE popcorn all the way there. Skipping the popcorn was a big deal in the early part of my journey, but that isn't really so hard now - my Beck strategy is to ask, "Do you want greasy hands for the next half hour or to just buy your stuff, get out of here, and be pleased with yourself for the rest of the day?" So it's an NSV for me to not-obsess for 30 minutes. Is that all there is?

I would have thought that as I approach 2.5 years into this journey that thinking about food and exercise would be a minor part of my daily life. Oh, I'm very pleased with my new weight and healthy lifestyle, grateful for the support that helped me get and stay here, and CREDIT moi for my contributions. But, it would seem that this level of focus would be behind me now. Even after having our first kid we only talked about childbirth ("centimeter by centimeter") for a while and then became fully engaged with the next phase of life. I'd very much like to reduce thinking about my food plan and exercise plan to the same level as thinking about my teeth brushing plan and my wear clean socks plan. Or, as was captured by the title of the book, How to Raise Children at Home in Your Spare Time.
Helpful Response:
"And when I was 12 years old, my father took me to a circus, the greatest show on earth.
There were clowns and elephants and dancing bears.
And a beautiful lady in pink tights flew high above our heads.
And so I sat there watching the marvelous spectacle.
I had the feeling that something was missing.
I don't know what, but when it was over,
I said to myself, "is that all there is to a circus?

Is that all there is, is that all there is
If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
Let's break out the booze and have a ball
If that's all there is."
Peggy Lee, years ago.

… I ate something I shouldn’t. I may as well blow my diet for the rest of the day. …

Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #104  

Default That's what (Beck) Coaches are for

Thanks for calling the question, BillBE: "Just wondering if it might be time for you to review Chapter 11, When to Stop Losing and Start Maintaining. By Beck's criteria, you might just be at your maintenance weight now, and could stand to feel really good about yourself if you were able to accept that. Perhaps worth considering."

It is obvious to me that this is where my body wants to maintain, as evidenced by the fact that I can stay at this weight with very little sacrifice. I should be grateful for that, and your coaching really brought that home. The problem is, I have been where I want to be, and I loved it! Mel from maintainers said this:

" I know my body wants to be heavier, but I don't like it heavier. "

And speaking of maintainers, BillBE, reading(searching) those posts makes me think this WILL be a lifelong struggle. l see no evidence on there to the contrary! I do see a lot of self-satisfaction though; they are all still, for the most part, gleeful; so maybe that is the reward for the struggle.

I need to just suck it up and get serious, stop whining and just do it. We all have our struggles, and CoastalSue really, in your own sweet way, you pretty well made me realize I don't have so many b-----es coming! I don't call you our moral compass for nothing!

I really feel that I need to contribute something to this team; everyone is working the Beck CBT method as best he or she can. This is the most important part for me share: It is a no fail behavioral plan to lose the weight. and keep it off. We can chose not to do it and fail, but if we chose to follow the plan, we can be certain of success. How powerful! What those maintainers are telling us is, "It's worth it!"

That said, I am going to commit to the team. I am going to suck it up and just do it, and I will be here to cheer the rest of you on...and speaking of just doing it, I did not just do it and write my paper yesterday, so guess what I get to just do? And that with my brand new issue of Nutrition Action calling my name. (Thanks, BillBE, I read on another post your recommendation. And the first page is about my new nemesis, salt!)
Old 02-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #105  

Hello all,

Have been doing the Beck tasks of preplanning, recording the cals and recording hunger, desire and cravings-amazing how they disappear when I pay attention and start analyzing them. However last night I went to a wild, flamboyant, crowded gathering with rich hors d'oeuvre and good wines-I behaved with little restraint.-eating behaviors that is-I think I went from desire to straight out food lust. I am posting now to avoid that "since I have blown it I'll over eat for days". Plus I really feel sluggish as my body is coping with all the food/wine. It is begging me to eat more wisely.

I think acknowledging the tough parts to losing and/or maintaining is also part of the process. I read 75% of eating is emotional-thus there is a variety of emotional responses to restraint. I do feel like a smoker who quit smoking but never goes a day without wanting a cig. The other day I was wondering if I was emotionally fragile in that I can go into a large tail spin over rather small incidents-I know how to push my body-work when ill or in pain, but can unleash the self doubts in a flash and spend so much energy on internal dialogue to rebuild my self worth. It is desire and cravings that are so much harder for me to conquer-I can easly deal with the physical uncomfortable of being hunger, it is the head uncomfortabliness that is so hard for me. Here is hoping that understanding the difficulties for me, helps with me be more successful about changing my food habits. One thing about all moods-they exist, but they always go away after a while.

BillBlueEyes-after reading your posting I put on myCD of Peggy Lee-Black Coffee-Always like the song "Is that all there is" There are time in my life that the sentiment just fits. What is NSV?

As Maryblu would say, I need to suck it up and get back on program-inspite of last night debauchery. This program works- it is just my brain that goes into "panic" overeating believing that food cures my negative thoughts.

sue
Closed Thread