General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #16  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Jax: Nice to be back. I know how much easier this process is when I can feed off of other people's positive vibes. It's fantastic to hear that everyone is doing so well with the SF plan.

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope it passes soon. Rest, plenty of liquid and some good movies! LOL

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Amanda-- WOW!! On the 50 pounds lost!! That is awesome!! And Skydiving You are doing so wonderful!! You need to send some of that this way!!!

Tamara-- I remember seeing you for other slimfast threads! Welcome Back!

jaxjob --- I too am up the 2 pounds for the last 2 weeks. I stayed the same one week and then up the next. But I'm really going to get back on track and get those pounds and more off!

april and babygrant-- Congrats on your weight loss!

Bargoo-- Hello and nice to see you here.
I'm glad that there are so many people starting with the slimfast! hope everyone does great on it and lets keep this thread lively!!!

Have a great day!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #18  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

This has turned into quite the busy thread!

I hope everyone does great this week on SF... Good luck!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #19  

Default Thank you Karen , Hi to all....

Hey karen,

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am so sad tonite with this trying and going no where, but so happy to hear from you , that is a good sign, new friends, slim fast this mo wt off for sure in Feb. off to bed now. start my day with slim fast and will feel better once I get rolling. as I am sure you know ,getting started is the hardest, but, have all my water in the house , cans of slim fast for my in the hurry when taken grandkids to school, and powder when need to mix some fruit or other healthy stuff into the powder. I am looking forward to getting to know you. Hello to all of you here . I do not have enough points to email in private.....lol...so Hi to you karen and talk to you soon.

Sunny Jo
sunny jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #20  

Hi Hi, wanted to say again, I am so EXCITED to see how busy this thread seems to be, I can not wait to check in tomorrow and see how you all are doing. Off to bed , have a great day.

sunny jo
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi sunny jo, Just didn't want you to get lost in the January thread. I think you will find this thread is staying pretty busy with lots of encouragement and just plain lots of fun! I know we will all be anxious to get to know you. Have a good night!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #22  

Default Cool Beanssss

Thanks for helping me get in the right spot. Am I in the Feb gang now??? I will get the hang of this posting soon. This is new for me, so thanks for helping me out. If I am not just toss me there and I will do better tomorrow....lol have a good nite.

sunny jo
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #23  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Ladies - the skydive instructor was HOT!!! He was Italian...yum! Super Yum! I skydived over Titusville, FL (about 90 minutes north of me on the east coast) and home of NASA...so I had a great view of NASA and the coast. It was unbelievable....I'm sooo amazed that I did it - I'm an adventurous girl...but have always been afraid of heights/roller coasters - etc....soooo...I'm not sure what happened, but I was invited and did it and I would most definitely do it again! It's fabulous!

Scale said 175.6 this morning...not sure why my weight is dropping so quickly this weekend...I'll take it - but if it's not there tomorrow morning...I won't move my ticker....I like to confirm these odd and unexpected results. I can't wait to see 162lbs..that is when I will be considered "Normal" and not overweight anymore! Yahoo!

For my diet plan - click on the link to the left for my blog...I update depending on my mood - but I have a sample plan on there and clearly what I am doing works for me. I focus on 1400 calories/day...reasonable amount of fat...high fiber (preferably 35+ grams/day) and Low sodium (if I'm under 2400mgs, I consider that a good day...it's really hard!)...I come up with different items that work into my meals every day....but I do have a SF every morning for breakfast and it feels like a treat to me. Yum!

Well, I'm off to bed...hopefully I have a few good dreams about my skydive instructor!

Have a great Monday everyone!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Sounds like everyone's February is off to a great start. I started Slim Fast last Tuesday. I weighed this morning and I am only down 1 pound. That's my fault though. I didn't eat very well over the weekend. We had a lot to do this weekend and I had a couple of fast food meals. I'm back on track today and hopefully by next week the scale will be done!
steph618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Still plugging away! I feel really good except for the bloat this morning. i'm not expecting the TOM anytime soon, but last night for dinner I ate 1/2 cup brown rice for the first time since I stared SF. I really don't know if my body handles grains well because I get REALLY bloated when I eat bread, so I haven't since I started. Any input?
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #26  

hello everyone,

Well i did it , sigh....lol. today was a good day, off to a good start. I felt a lot better and had more get up and go then I have in while. I had a high protein sf bar for lunch, first time I had that it was good and i was not hungry until dinner.
So how did you all do?
babygrant I have the same thing happen to me when i eat bread. I do not eat rice so sorry that i can not help ya on that one. Hope you are feeling better. Were is everyone....hello Karen....anyone out here....off to read and bed....nooooooooooooo hubby did not just tell me he picked up min choc. chip ice cream for me.....oh dear, nope not going to have any, but thanks hubby...lol.....

sunny jo
Old 02-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #27  
Changing My Lifestyle

Good day all!

Hope everyone is doing well today. I have been pretty good for the most part. I did have chinese for lunch yesterday, but I also had just salad for dinner with a little cheese (no starch). Tonight is SF menu...Dijon Chicken, Steamed Brocolli and my own sweet potato fries recipe. Yummy! Even the daughter and fiance like this menu.

I'm off the the gym tonight as I didn't go last night (Mon/Wed/Fri is the norm during the week) becuase of dinner with the in-laws. I forgot to bring fruit to work for my snack this morning, but I have a reserve of yogurt and cup-a-soup at work so I just had those.

I'm so excited at the prospect of hitting ONEderland that I have to keep myself in check to not under-eat. I know that sounds ridiculous, but while one part of my mind is telling me I'm hungry and it's time for a snack another part is like "Hey...if you don't have that snack you'll get there faster!". I know that I need to eat for this to work and if I want to be able to stick to it...but I still seem to try to sabotage myself by doing things like forgetting the snack that I know I need every morning.

I'll grocery shop tonight and then there won't be an excuse. I find I'm much more regimented when I can plan a week in advance.

babygrant: There is a possibility that grains don't agree with you, although rice isn't generally as harsh as wheat (like in bread). Are you drinking a couple of litres a day of water??? I find that if I stick to the SF plan but don't drink the recommended amount of water I get bloated and things tend to not "move" as well as one would like...if ya catch my drift. Make sure that you're taking is minimum two litres of water every day. I know some people include other drinks (tea and things like that) in their water consumption, but I don't. If I have a cup of tea that's fine, but I still take in at least 2 x 1L bottles of plain water every day. On days that I work out heavy or if it's hot I drink even more than that.

sunnyjo: Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy the plan as much as I do. One thing I wondered you said you had a high protein SF bar for lunch the other day...what else did you have? It's fine to have just a SF product for one meal a day (usually it's breakfast for me) but the rest of the time you should be supplementing with other things as well.

Lunch should be:
SF bar and sandwich w/ fruit
SF bar w/ yogurt and peanuts
SF bar w/ mini pizza
SF shake with chef's salad
SF shake with pbj bagel

Etcetera...

One of the major problems with the "old" way of using the SF plan is that people were much too restrictive (2 shakes a day + sensible dinner) and they fell of the wagon a lot. When SF restructured their plan they did what nutrition experts now Know for certain. Eating regularly timed meals and snacking on healthful foods between meals equals an easier, healthier way to lose and maintain your weight. Eating six times a day allows your metabolism to work it's best and doesn't leave you hungry and more likely to grab unhealthy convenience foods.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing...but I know how well this program can work if you use it's tools. Also, by logging EVERYTHING you eat in a day into the SF website (create a profile)...you can see if you're getting your RDI for most nutrients daily. I use it to find out how my fibre is doing as that seems to be the place that I'm consistently lower than recommended.

Cheers,
Tamara

Last edited by tleef; 02-05-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #28  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

This week has been funny... My dad came up over the weekend and we had a huge spaghetti lunch, but I only had my nightly snack and some left over meatballs for supper. I've been feeling funny every since. I'm getting use to all the healthy food, that if I even touch the not-so-good stuff it messes with my stomach.

This weekend we are going to where he lives for his birthday. He's treating us all to Red Lobster.

Anyone have any tips for that day? lol.

I have to agree with tleef. I tried the old version a couple years back and gave up because I was always hungry. It was way too restrictive for me. Eating those snacks will make all the difference later. I really like the new program, it suits most people alot better.

For those os you who love ice cream. (sunnyjo) Weight Watchers has ice cream that comes in two packs. 150 calories each! And I believe they have mint chocolate chip... I prefer the chocolate chip cookie dough, and it is really good!! Taste just like the real thing!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off to supper and then to work out!!

Night!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'3"

April, RedLobster has a lighthouse menu, you can look at it online before you go to the restaurant. The lighthouse menu is usually on the table with the flip thing, with deserts and stuff in it. I usually have the chicken, baked potato and seasoned broccoli. If you look at the lighthouse menu, you can pick before you go.

If you go to redlobster.com/menus/lighthouse/Default.asp?

The only problem with RedLobster is sometimes it can be really salty depending on the restaurant. I just drink more water and make sure my weigh in day isn't for a couple of days.

Enjoy
AnnCan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #30  
Changing My Lifestyle

Default Down another pound!

Wooo Hooo! I weighed at 201.5 this morning. I'm so pumped! ONEderland is just around the corner. Official WI on the SF site isn't until Saturday and I'm finally going to go and have my measurements done.

Hope everyone is doing well. Updates from anyone? Challenges? Obstacles? Feel Good Moments?

Cheers,
Tamara