General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 12:33 PM   #31  

APHIL Way to go with the loss! You seem to be on a roll now!

I have a 5 year old boy and increased in cup size at that time and also with my second pregnancy that I miscarried. I was a DD when I was pregnant. They have slightly gone down since exercising but seem out of proportion to me. Hopefully that's just the last place I lose fat and they will eventually get a little bit smaller.

Moonbeam
Tae Kwon Do is awesome for you. A friend of mine did it and after only 2 weeks she noticed a huge difference in her body.

Can anyone tell me how to add smilies to my post?

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Sprite,
just click on the smilie you want to the left of where you are typing as you post and it will come up.
Since you are only in the 150's-you may or may not go down much in your bust-if you get into the 130's or mid 120's-I would say maybe only to a large C cup-just wear a sexy bra and love it girl-women pay thousands of dollars for what you have naturally! I have a busty-booty figure also!
Faith-I assume youa re having a busy weekend-I thought I would post before we went down to the inlaws to pick up the rugrats!
I know you are doing well, I don't even have to ask. You are such a trooper-I am glad you are seeing this whole thing as an exciting life change and not a punishment for being fat-I think that is a main reason for failure-women see this whole getting healthy thing as punishment for eating or being lazy, and they have the whole attitude wrong.
I am still wearing the same size clothes-an 18, but the brands that fit well are loosening, and the brands that ran real tight I can breathe in now, so I am seeing some progress-and my cheekbones are beginning to become visible again! I can't wait until I can wear a 16 though this spring...and hopefully smaller by summer...that will be great...Faith-what are we going to do with all of our fat clothes? We need to come up with some creative solutions...we could cut them all up and make patchwork quilts to forever be reminders of our success....what do you think?
Well, I'll go for now...take care all, and give me the strength to become a mother again after these couple days of QUIET.
Aphil
Old 01-20-2002, 06:45 PM   #33  

Hi Aphil

Just trying out the smilie thing. Just to see if I'm doing it properly.

I had a suggestion for you regarding your clothes as they become too big for you. I have several girlfriends who are trying to lose weight and we all pass around clothes and somehow find someone who needs them. As we are going down in size we don't want to spend too much on clothes for each size as we won't need them for long. It's fun and free!

How are you managing with the kids back now? I always find after a break I am much more patient.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:58 AM   #34  
Water Freak

Hey everyone! So, I am really getting this eating thing under control finally. Seriously, it takes me forever to get down to that. Good thing I've been exercising so much, that's really what's taen this last few pounds off. My real goal is to get back into the weight training and tone up some! Aphil- if your "fat" clothes are still in good condition, maybe give them to a thrift store, like goodwill? There's a place in our area that takes donations of business type clothing. They have this whole program going with interview training and stuff for women on welfare. And apparently they always have a shortage of larger clothing. So maybe there is something like that in your area? The quilting idea is cool too. Jut don't keep them around as clothes!

Oh, this was a super cool thing that happened to me Saturday...I went to a MLK march, and it was cold and wet, and generally ick. Anyway, I was absolutely soaking by the end of it, and then I hd to go somewhere else. And I was talking to this guy, saying how darn cold it was. And he says, yeah, I think the cold really gets to us skinny people Whooo! It is soooo weird to tink people might think of me as skinny- I think I still think of myself as a size 16 and 180 pounds. So anyway, I guess the moral of the story that we don't always see ourselves right, so be careful not to get too obsessed over what we see. Anyway, sorry to go on like that...and my keyboard is getting weird now. Stupid computer. Talk to you ladies later! I'm going for a walk

Cat
Old 01-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #35  

Hi girls!
Well, the kids are back, and I didn't get a wink of sleep last night because my husband was up coughing all night-he wouldn't take any medicine and when he got up this morning to get ready for work I literally poured it down his throat so the kids wouldn't be up at 5 with him! Needless to say I was so tired I went back to bed and didn't do my morning workout! I will have to do it when the kids go to bed tonight!
We do have a Goodwill in our area, and I donate there already-I take the kids clothes to a resale shop, and whatever they don't want I take to the Goodwill along with stuff I just want to get rid of. I am sure I will take a few things there, but I kindof wanted to do something creative with some of them-something I could keep to remind me of how big I was-so I won't be there again!
Actually I am a thrift store and rummage sale shopper myself-I love it! I find all finds of cool vintage stuff-you wouldn't beleive what some people throw away!
When I have to buy smaller clothes in the "middle sizes" I usually only get enough to get me through to mygoal size clothes-usually just bras and pants-I can get away with wearing the sweaters and sweatshirts big-then when I hit goal I buy some nicer things to show off my new size.
Cat-that's cool about what that guy said to you-I can totally relate. When I had lost all my weight before I got pg with Raiden, I went to he doctor for something and she made a passing remark about being thin, and I was like "huh?"...It was weird someone else seeing me that way, especially since she was smaller than me...but it still feels good!
I had a little bar run-in last night-I had to have dinner with my in-laws-and she made spaghetti, which isn't bad-but as we were sitting there eating and I took a bite, I realized by the feel of it in my mouth and the aftertaste that she had put a little butter or margerine on the pasta after she drained it so it wouldn't stick...and I could tell the difference!(I do not do this at home, I just put the sauce on quickly)
So I am trying to be nice and eat a little while figuring the extra calories in my head, and everyone is talking and not really noticing me or my plate-and the dh has to speak up and say-you're not eating much, spaghetti is your favorite! I just looked at him trying to shoot daggars at him with my eyeballs....what am I supposed to say-"yeah, it's great when its not dripping with an extra 200 calories!" And of course you can't tell a country mother-in-law not to use butter, or to keep a diet Coke in the house somewhere so you can at least have a drink when you come over! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!3 zillion Pepsis, Mt. Dew's, and 40 gallons of assorted fruit punch-but not one diet soda!AAAAHHHHH!!!!!
deep cleansing breaths...........I'm okay now.
I am sorry, but I have the mother in law that corrects everyone's pronunciation and knows all sorts of weird obscure facts on Jeapordy, but cannot comprehend that butter is more fattening than jelly because jelly is sweeter...or how anything sweet can be fat-free...or how she can be overweight because she doesn't eat very much...(she just consumes more calories in Pepsi a day than I do in food and drink total)....I'm sorry girls, I just had to let that out. This is the same woman who when I lost 45 pounds before, never said a word, and when I cut my hair said "that cut really makes your face look thinner"...I just looked at her and said"no, I think it was the 45 pounds."AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I am sure some of you married ladies understand...no matter how long you are in it-sometimes you cannot understand how such an amazing man came from a family so different from yours...
Well, I am off to do housework now!
Aphil
Old 01-21-2002, 10:48 AM   #36  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default Mother in Law

My mother in law gave us an electric toothbrush and Billy Bass (the singing fish) for a WEDDING present. My husband was completely embarrassed.

My folks gave us a check for $1,000 and said "go have a good time."

My MIL is a sweetie, but wired a little differently.

She's hypoglycemic and eats a pint of ice cream every night...

Oh, well, I love her just like she is, weird and all.

And why is it that our DH's pick the worst moment to say something like "why aren't you eating that?" I totally understand how you felt.

I ate M&M's all weekend (I knew better) and have one awful sugar hangover today. They say experience is recognizing the same mistake when you make it again...oy.

I have an UBWO tonight and it should feel pretty good. Everyone else here is doing SO well!! Losing weight, exercising, eating good stuff...wow! :wow:

Everyone have a fab-o day!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:12 PM   #37  

Hey girls,

I posted last night but apparently it got lost Oh well, it sounds like everyone is doing well, which is great to hear. Aphil, congrats on getting past the plateau. Well, I decided to go on a "spring break" cruise with my roommates, but it is about 8 weeks away! I REALLY want to lose 15 lbs before then. That means I need to be 100% on track. I did my first long run yesterday, a little over 4 miles, so that felt really good. I went to a running store today and spent $120 on new shoes! Well, I figured if I'm going to do it, might as well go all the way.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:34 AM   #38  

Hey,
A Billy Bass for a wedding present.......hmmmmm.......no comment there.
I love my MIL too-but she is also wired a bit differently....he he he...she does have her good points though...for instance she let my sister in law have a ladies only novelties party over there if you know what I mean.... and she is a great seamstress and sewed all the gowns for our wedding that I designed (we had a medeival ceremony-think dress from movies Brahm Stokers Dracula or Mists of Avalon type thing) but this is the same woman who didn't say 20 words to me the whole time I was pregnant with our first child, until after she was born...my theory is she wanted to see if the baby looked like my husband and I wasn't just some gold digger trapping her baby boy...ha ha ha-After that it was like a total turnaround...
Well, I must say I also had a little splurge last night that I should not have had...and I feel bad about it and my tummy has been acting up all morning...paybacks are great...I'll think twice about doing that again anytime soon! I'm right back on track this morning-keeping that one binge from turning into a 3 day eating fest-we all know how that can happen-and hopefully my weigh-in this weekend will be alright-the same or a small loss.
Faith, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a couple days...post girl!
Willbethin and Kayla-we miss you and hope you aren't giving up on us!
Have a great day!
Amy-Aphil
202/192/10 down and 32 to go for first big goal of 160!
Old 01-22-2002, 03:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hello All!

Sorry to skip out. My DH decided on the spur of the moment that we need to get out of town for the long holiday weekend. He believes in just dropping everything and taking off, so we did. Nothing really special but a lot of eating out. I did fairly good Sat & Sun and pretty much fasted yesterday. I'm back on track with eating today but didn't get my workout in this morning like I hoped. Feels like this should be Monday, hopefully I'll get it all together by the end of the day.
I did measure today. I had my calendar marked that this is when I did it last month to keep me on track through the holidays,[ everyone else was suppose to do the same ] so here they are:
12/22/01 - - - - - - - 1/22/01
Weight: 210 - - - - - - - - 199
Chest: 44 - - - - - - - - - 43
Belly: 44.5 - - - - - - - 43.5
Waist: 37.5 - - - - - - - 35
Hips: 51 - - - - - - - - - - 49
Thigh: 30 - - - - - - - - - -29
Size: 18 tight - - - - - - -16 tight
Start Date: Dec. 6, 2001, weight 222, size 20 (didn't measure)
I'm happy know telling what they would have been had I not finally got my head together.

Amy/aphil, Congratulations on getting those scales moving!

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!
Sorry, I just scanned through the posts. Maybe I'll get time to really read everything later.

Faith~
222/199/120

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Don't throw away what you want most...
for what you want at the moment."
~~~unknown
Old 01-22-2002, 04:52 PM   #40  

Faith,
So glad you are back-hope you had a good time on your mini vacation!
I haven't measured myself any-I did after my daughter, but with both of them I don't have the time-I use naptime for my shower and housework,etc.
That last motivational quote was really good-it really hit home with how much I have been having cravings for tons of bad stuff the past two days! Thanks for including it in your post.
Well, I am waiting on dh to get home so I can start dinner...I hate it when he is late...dinner being late is when I really get bad sugary carb cravings like right now!
Aphil
202/192/10 down torwards first big goal of 160!
Old 01-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #41  

Hi everyone!
Sorry its been so long. Life has been pretty crazy since the funeral and memorial and stuff...but i hope to get back on track tommorrow! I will start with weight lifting again tommorrow and really be careful of what i put in my mouth! well anyways...sorry to make it short but i must run! ill be around more now i promise!
luv
Kayla
Old 01-23-2002, 09:20 AM   #42  

HI,
Good morning everyone!
Kayla, it is nice to see you again! I am glad you are back and are on the road to healing-exercise will be good for you.
Well, I don't knwo what my deal is today but I just cannot wake up! My dh has been coughing all night for 3 days and keeping me awake-it is driving me crazy!!!!!
I'm about to drug him!
I can't wait til he is over this-I at least had the decency to drug myself and sleep away from him....but he's a man...
I have been thinking about Faith's last quote all day and last night....it ws so good. I am going towrite that and put it on the fridge with my unflattering fat picture. Thanks again Faith!
Well girls-everyone knows my first big goal is 160 pounds-but I am going to make myself a weekly challenge each week and make myself stick with whatever it is. This week is to eat 5 servings of fruit or vegetables each day this week.
Well I have to get Raiden out of the cd rack-
Aphil
Old 01-23-2002, 01:04 PM   #43  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Hi everyone

I have been lurking on your site for a few weeks now and hope I can join in.

I may have been here before but not sure.

My story. Married almost 36 2 kids and a great hubby. My highest weight was just before the new year at 181 on Jan 2nd I started to change my life. As of today I am 171 still a ways to go but it's a start. My goal is to make it to 140 then decide then if that is were I want to be.

I have just been watching what I eat and exercising alot but I am starting to count cal's and just not sure what to aim for. I want to eat about 1200-1300 per day does anyone know what mix or % of fat, carbs and protien I should aim for?

Hope you all have a super day.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:21 PM   #44  

Hi,
Welcome Hockeychic!
I am glad you finally posted instead of just lurking!
Some helpful advice for you-your calories are a bit on the low side, especially if you are active-why don't you try raising it to 1300-1400 instead of 1200-1300. A 1200 calorie diet is pretty low for a long period of time. You won't notice much as far as a slow in weight loss or anything, but maybe a bit more satisfied.
As far as your food combinations, just try to have a source of protein at each meal, and do some healthy switches like whole-grain pasta instead of regular and eating more fruits and veggies are easy changes.
Well, I have to go do my lower body workout for today-just wanted you to have a warm welcome!
Amy-Aphil
202/192/first goal 160
Old 01-23-2002, 06:30 PM   #45  
Water Freak

Hey everyone! Welcome Hokeychic! The weather here was super yucky all morning, so I did not get a chance to go running (cold rain is not really my thing AT ALL). Fortunately, the rain let up this afternoon, so I compensated by going for a really long bike ride. So not too bad. And of course, I still had to walk the mile across campus to get to class. We won't talk about how long I took to dry out
Kayla- good to see you back around!

Aphil & waterbaby- had to laugh about the inlaws. Sorry

Lexxy-spring break trip, awesome motivation! I almost signed up for a coral reef class this semester where you go to the virgin islands for spring break. I was a little edgy about the swimsuit issue (I think no matter how skinny I get, I am never going to feel totally comfortable in one of those things), plus, I didn't think I could stomach the idea of my prof running around in a swimsuit for a week (seriously, the idea is kind of scary)

Ok well, that's about it for now. Everyone keep up the good work!

Cat
Closed Thread