General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Scale Recs?

Hi, all!

Last year, I bought myself a new digital scale for Christmas, but even though it was kind of pricey it didn't work well at all. I could step on it two or three times in a row and get vastly different weights from it. Frustrating.

I trashed that nightmare. I'm back to using the old-school scale with the needle that moves, but it's really hard to see numbers. I can tell when I've lost two or so pounds, but one is kind of hard to determine.

Does anyone have a digital scale rec for me? I want something that will tell me accurately to 0.2 of a pound what I weigh...without changing its mind every ten secs! What are you using that works really well? (Or that doesn't...if I should avoid that model.)

Thanks!
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I just searched on walmart.com for the highest rated digital scales within my price range. Once it's calibrated, it's good. Only spent about $20 and it's been great. It even tracks body fat, but I've never used that part.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #3  

I bought mine on Amazon:

Tanita BF680W Duo Scale Plus Body Fat Monitor with Athletic Mode and Body Water

Currently 59.99

I weigh myself every AM (unless I already know I don't want to see the results).

I personally monitor the body fat and water as well because they can impact the weight. It is about how the fat% and water % is trending in my opinion.

Is the weight not moving? But the body fat % is reducing? Well that tells me a lot.

I know my body water % from day to day as well (according to the scale) and I can see first hand how that relates to the pounds moving.

In terms of accuracy it wasn't until these forums that I played a bit with stepping on and off. Usually I do one weight and put it away. I would say the few days I have messed with it the weight has remained the same or varied by about .2 - .4. Consistent enough for me. Nothing like several pounds or anything.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

A deviation of .2-.4 would be fine. The scales I had would fluctuate 2-6 pounds every time I stepped on them.

I'll check these out.
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote