General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #31  

Just checking in.

To answer your question, Marsha, I still get cravings and not just around that TOM. My doctor told me straight away that Merida was only an aid to my losing weight that is why I needed group meetings etc etc etc. When I was in Hawaii, I ate, and could eat everything. I started to take my Merida every other day so as not to waste it. I had forgotten if there were side effects if I stopped it completely so that's why I took it at all. Thank you for posting that site addy. I will check it out. I read all that I could get ahold of when I began a year ago but need to have my memory refreshed.

Zippy Marie. how are you doing. Think I feel a bit more zippy some days also. Also, think that I over worry about potential side effects and listen to my body too carefully almost expecting something. Again, one of my frustrations has been not knowing anyone who takes Merida so I could compare. I have just past the year mark for taking it and want to read what the studies say

I have been exercising every day ( one day off per week) and I am started to feel a bit better. I seem to be at a plateau and the exercise makes me feel like I am doing something.

Take care, keep the faith and take one day at a time.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:38 AM   #32  

Happy Saturday to everyone.

Hi Nickolas..good to hear you are exercising so much. That has been my biggest downfall. I am going to start going to our local YMCA on Monday morning with a co-worker that is trying to lose weight also. She isn't taking Meridia, but is taking Wellbutrin to stop smoking and is finding that it is working similar to the Meridia as far as weightloss goes. Her doctor told her it would. So we are going to be exercise buddies. We also exchange healthy recipes and give each other those WooHoo's when we need them and help each other through the hard days. My husband is good for support too, but we work opposite schedules so he can't always be right by my side when I need him to be. He does leave me encouraging notes and cards though.

I saw my doc yesterday for my 1 month checkup, and he was so encouraging. My BP was fine and my weightloss surprised yet delighted him. He is also a big supporter.

You are right. It is hard not knowing someone who is using Meridia. The internet has been my greatest source of strength when it comes to this.

I hope you all have a healthy eating day. Drink lots of water and try to get in some exercise.

Bye!
Marsha
Old 02-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in!

I have not given up my quest to get on Meridia. When I went to the doc about the chest crud he said "well, get better first and then we will talk about Meridai." He says my heart is in good shape even if I did flunk treadmill kindergarten! So there is hope of a larger group!

Thanks for the URL, GEM33. I'll take a look at it later as I have to run right now.

Keep on trucking, girls!
Old 02-03-2002, 03:55 AM   #34  

Default hey all!

Good evening everyone (or should I say goodmorning!) I just got home from a date...we went to second city (the famous improv troupe in Chicago where alot of the people on Sat night live start out) and then out for sushi and then even a few kisses goodnight Whoo hoo...I had a bit of a headache and I told him so, and something had come up earlier about me not sleeping that much and I told him I was taking a medicine that sometimes had side effects...Anyways that got him curious and starting to ask questions but I am keeping my mouth shut for the time being...this was our third date...brutal honesty probably won't be coming for a while!

I have been doing pretty well with the eating...although I still am not doing as well as I should with fruits and veggies. I went to the grocery store today and bought absolutely nothing that would make a real meal...Sometimes nothing seems to appeal to me. Although I did get the ingrediants for pumpkin fluff (a low point recipe I saw on a WW site...) somehow dessert always seems to appeal!!!

It has been one week today on the meds...overall I feel pretty well although I certainly have been getting some mild side effects..although who knows if half of them I get just from worrying that I am going to! I was supposed to go see my nutritionist on Monday which I was really looking forward to for an official weigh in. My insurance originally approved 5 visits to the weight management doc/program I am in and I have used those up. They were supposed to get more approved but there has been quite a he said/ she said between the doc and my primary care physician...Apparently the letter requesting more visits is floating around somewhere besides to the appropriate people so I had to cancel my appointment and reschedule when I can get everything straightened out. Sometimes HMO's can really stink!

As part of the program they like you to see a psychologist...I saw mine for the 3rd time on Friday...she is really nice and I feel like I can talk to her about stuff...although I feel like all I do is talk...I can't say that she has given me any real suggestions...Maybe she is still gathering background info? Who knows...

Well I should head off to bed. My mom is going to be in town so I need to maintain my favorite daughter status and drive up to the burbs to see her! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Closed Thread