The strangest thing happened on our anniversary trip

• Our anniversary was on Sunday. We went to a B&B in one of the wine countries around here for the weekend. We were the only guests. The others had cancelled for various reasons. It was rather nice to have the place to ourselves.

Sunday morning (sometime around 12:30AM or so), I heard what sounded like people stomping their feet and muffled voices in the dining room. Our room was off the dining room. I got up to be sure our door was locked. I did peak out the door and saw nothing. The little light in the corner was on as usual, but nothing was disturbed.

At breakfast, I asked the owner if she came down stairs. She went to bed around 10 and slept through the night until 5:30 or 6. She didn't receive any phone calls or anything.

This house is over 150 yrs old. I'm sure in that 150 years someone has died in that home. I wonder if she needs Sylvia Browne.

Oddly enough, it didn't scare me. It's just a bit freaky. Now I want to go back again and stay in that same room!
  • OMG! How creepy! That's so cool though. I watch "Most Haunted" a lot - you have to believe that places with so much history can have a few guests that don't want to leave!
  • I have two theories about such things.

1) They are impressions and they fade away after time. So there really aren't any ghosts there or anything like that but you may see, hear or even smell past occurrances.

2) They are spirits that haven't moved on yet. I also believe they will go away after time.

Either way I don't think either could hurt you.

I'd be a little spooked as well.