General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'5"

Default To make a healthy treat bag...

I tutor two kids, a 12 year old boy and a 16 year old girl. We're supposed to make them up a little something before we leave for finals and break. I had one heck of a time making up semi-healthy, but still fun treats.

I got tumbler cups at walmart, gave them each some holiday pencils, then came the hard part. They are too old of a lot of goody bag type things. So I bought individual hot chocolates that weren't totally loaded with sugar and look pretty, low fat peanut butter crackers, each is getting an apple sauce cup, a pack of cashews, and m&m minis because all the other kids are getting a tube, and i don't want them to be left out.

Childhood nutrition is important, and I already don't like the idea of food for a reward. I'll have to do this again in the spring time. Any other tasty, healthier than candy ideas? All the other kids in the program are getting things like chips, and a TON of candy, and little toys that my kids are too old for and wouldn't be interested in. Does my treat cup sound ok?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

How about smaller packages of microwave popcorn?

If they are too old for toy-type gifts, how about something they could keep on their desks at home (like a paperweight). Find out if they collect anything. My DD collects rubber ducks and she loves getting those as a gift. Also, you can often find small items at office supply stores that kids need (protractor, ruler, small stapler, erasers, etc.).
Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Popcorn is a good idea! Other food ideas:

small bag of mini pretzels
homemade, or store bought, trail mix
dark chocolate dipped strawberries
granola bars

~jess~
Old 11-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

I think the popcorn is a good idea too. Maybe for the 16 year old some lip gloss and a small notebook to go with the pencils. I know when I was in school us girls wrote eachother in small notebooks and passed it around inbetween classes. Kinda fun to look back at the notebooks and read what we thought at the time was going to ruin our lifes lol. Maybe one of those small lunch box sports drinks and the trail mix Jess sugested for the boy.
Closed Thread