General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #1  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Default my fiance=procastinator

This is petty, but I'm ticked about it.
For months my fiance has been begging me to let him help plan our June wedding. He means well, but he is a big procrastinator. I finally said he could pick and hire the dj. He found a great one-good references, etc. All we had to do was set up the final meeting and pay him the deposit. All last week we had off from work and school. Did he do it? No.
They are now booked with someone else!
The new DJ I'm investigating now is more expensive.
I know he meant well. Also, his grandmother passed away last week after a long illness. I'm not heartless! Obviously, hiring a dj was the last thing on our minds during the few days we had the viewing and funeral. But afterwards, I did offer many times to call and arrange everything myself. Each time he'd get all offended and tell me he would do it. He had time to play video games for 4 hours one day! Isn't that time he could have gone and paid the dj the deposit? Why wouldn't he let me help?
Am I a horrible person? I know in the grand scheme of things, this is very small potatoes. I don't want to fuss at him and make him feel worse about it.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

That must be frustrating. See if there are other things that are not so important that he can help with?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #3  
Tired of lettuce!

Yes, there are. He is also in charge of wedding favors--we are making cd's of our wedding music for guests to take home. We are using lots of non-traditional stuff.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #4  
Tired of lettuce!

I had to make an amendment guys: The fiance has now booked a new dj--he arranged all the meetings and eveything
Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

my hubby didn't do much for our wedding but at the wedding and afterwards everyone was complimenting us and he said it was all me We did a few things together but really it was a lot easier for me to do some of the things myself. I enjoyed picking out the tux, flowers, wedding invitations, wedding location and a few other things together. I picked out the music myself, also very nontraditional but people loved it.
Closed Thread