General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Zombies

okay, some friends and I sat down and watched a bunch of Zombie movies they were showing on Scifi.

Being I am deathly afraid of Zombies ( no pun).. I was thinking off in my own little world during the super scary, bloody, people eating parts of the movies and I got to thinking about the science of Zombies @_@ go figure.

Anyways. I thought back to all Zombie movies I've watched and they all had the same idea. Zombies are people... who got infected somehow (or cursed) died.. and then came back to life with limmited if any thinking capabilities and only had one basic need... to eat. (And for some reason, living people are the only thing they can eat. ever noticed that?)

Now, I figure, sooner or later the Zombies are going to die of starvation. I mean, they are moving, they need to eat to keep moving.
Take for example... one of the movies I saw with my friends...Dawn of the Dead..( the re-make) The people are trapped in this mall for like weeks.. and all these Zombies are just crowded around the buildings because they know that there are people in there, they just can't get in. And there was nothing else alive to draw the zombies away. And I thought...well heck... after a few weeks of nothing around for the zombies to eat, wouldn't they die of starvation? what about water? they would die in days without some sort of fluid.

I told my theory to my friends and a few agreed, a few didn't. "They arn't alive." and such. And I was like "But they are moving, they need to eat, so in a way they are alive. moving takes energy. soon they would run out of energy and they would starve."

Okay, I know I think up strange things.... but I can't be the first person who brought this idea up?
Do you agree? (or disagree) wouldn't they starve and die off in time?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

haha, well i'm a bit of a horror fan, and i must agree with you...... btw, i think the same applies to vampires and blood.... if they hunger for it, they must need it, just like any creature, in theory anyway
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

Zombies could probably eat other zombies. As for the other I'm thinking way to much...cause I started to think "well yeah they would eventually drop dead." Then I thought "oh wait in some of those movies anyone who's dead becomes a zombie, so if they dropped dead they'd come back."

Jen
Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #4  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

hmmmm.... so what happens if they run out of whatever fuel they use? i guess you're right they can't just die... zombie/vampire coma?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

I don't know. I think they would definatly get weaker and stop moving around because dead or not they seem to need food.

Also maybe they can just drop dead....seems you can kill them by shooting them in the head...maybe eventually their brains would rot away and they'd drop dead...

Like I said I'm thinking too much.

Jen
Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You should read World War Z
Old 11-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #7  
ugggg.....

My son is a Zombie movie fanatic. His favorite is called "28 Days Later" which I guess the zombies are not technically zombies but infected with a rage drug that was being tested. It is a good movie.

For his birthday last year (April 1) I got him a "Zombie Survival Guide" (or something like that) from Walden books in their humor section. It's hilarious!!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #8  

Heh - the book I suggesed was written by Max Brooks who also wrote the Zombie Survival Guide (mentioned above). That guy must love zombies!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
You should read World War Z
I know what my son will be getting for Xmas--the author is the same one as the one that wrote the Survival Guide--Max Brooks son of Mel Brooks. He will love it!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #10  
ugggg.....

My sons girlfriend found him a bunch of old black and white zombie movies and gave it to him as an early Christmas gift.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heh, I think you're thinking way too much into it. If they can get stabbed/shot rhough the heart, limbs torn off, and throats slit without dying, what makes you think they would die of starvation or dehydration?

I'm pretty sure I've seen about every zombie movie out there, and yes, I bought the Zombie Survival Guide for my boyfriend for his birthday
Old 11-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #12  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

hehe I just find it very funny. And yeah, I tend to over think things @_@
Kilmeny- Bahah! I never thought of that. I bet they would come back worse than before. imaging that @_@.

I guess it's the whole.. live to eat...eat to live... well if they aint eating, they can't live for long. type thing.

And I've often wondered if Zombies would eat each other if there really wasn't anything else around for them to eat. And what about animals? In the stories and movies, the Zombies ignored each other and animals. But perhaps they would turn on themselves if they were starving.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
My son is a Zombie movie fanatic. His favorite is called "28 Days Later" which I guess the zombies are not technically zombies but infected with a rage drug that was being tested. It is a good movie.
Your son might already know this, but they are planning a sequel for May 2007 - 28 Weeks Later. The trailer is available on IMDB!
Closed Thread