General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default Question for people who don't celebrate "christmas"

Keiko (my puppy) is going to send one of her little friends a 'holiday' present. She got her friend this loofa dog:

When Keiko was out shopping she forgot that her puppy friend doesn't celebrate christmas.

Do you think it would be okay for her to send this to her friend? or should she find something else for her friend? (she is sending out two presents, she could swap as the other is not xmas releated... but she knows the friend she got this for loves these toys as she sent her a different one before)

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 AM   #2  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

I think it depends upon why her friend doesn't celebrate Christmas. We don't celebrate it because we're not Christian, we're Pagan and celebrate Yule. But I would think the little Santa loofa was adorable. However, if someone is Jehovah's Witness or Jewish, they may not be so appreciative. It's hard to know who would take offense and who wouldn't. I think I'd have to respect the principles of the puppy friend and perhaps get a different gift if you're sure the friend even wants to receive a Christmas gift at all.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #3  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Courtnie you are so cute the way you take care of your puppy. You are a good mommy.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #4  
Starting Fresh

I know she is okay in recieving gifts... on this boston terrier forum I am a part of we did a gift exchange, and those who wanted to participate signed up and then they were paired up with someone to send gifts too... she joined (I didn't get her tho)....

in one post she said she celebrate "chaunaka" ? (sp?) something to do with adam sandler? but I dunno if she was serious......

and yes Robbin.. I am crazy.

Maybe it would be a good idea to double check with her? But I could easily send another gift, I just think this is way to cute and would be perfect for her... but I would rather not send then offend...

anyway, I stil got a few days before I send, so any input is still much appreciated.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

If she's celebrating Channukah, she's Jewish. I'm assuming you don't know the owner too well or you don't have an idea of how rigidly religious they are. Maybe send a quick note and say something like "is it okay if my gift is christmas themed?" She/he will let you know whether or not it's ok. Honestly, if it were my dog, I'd let her have whatever the heck makes her happy. Like she knows the difference between Channukah and Christmas. It's a loofa. She'll love it...

P.S: How bad is this? I would play with that adorable loofa. haha.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

I admit. I don't know her owner all that well. We chat a lot, but thats about it! haha
Old 11-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #7  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

I think if she signed up for a gift swap, she must be willing to share a bit of holiday cheer no matter what denomination. Errr...or lack of, in the case of the Santa Loofa.

Where'd you find him, anyway? I want one!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy_Tummy View Post
I think if she signed up for a gift swap, she must be willing to share a bit of holiday cheer no matter what denomination. Errr...or lack of, in the case of the Santa Loofa.

Where'd you find him, anyway? I want one!
Got him off ebay. But since seen them in pet stores like pet smart.

I sent her a similar one, but it was bungee like and her puppy just adored it, thats why I thought she might like this one!

Anyway I did send her a humours message from keiko asking her, we shall see what she says. But knowing her she will get upset for buying something and tell keiko it is okay! haha
Closed Thread