3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anybody Interested in Starting a Book Club? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/97259-anybody-interested-starting-book-club.html)

rockinrobin 11-02-2006 02:35 PM

Hi folks. As I see it til this point we've got 10 people who want to participate and they are as follows:

(1) "Fed"up
(2) NurseMichelle
(3) 2frustrated
(4) Clydegirl
(5) Fiddler
(6) Watch it Break
(7) Sakai
(8) Rocker girl
(9) Mandelinn
(10) Kimstar
If I've misunderstood anyone else intentions please, please correct me.

And I think we are all okay with James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces"?

So why don't we all try and get the book over the weekend and take it from there.

And of course anyone and everyone is still MORE than welcome to join. Without a doubt the more the merrier. :book2:

Clydegirl 11-02-2006 02:48 PM

fedup sounds good.

I'm like you I don't need to read any fitness/exercise books. Mind you maybe if I did I wouldn't be the size i am :D

RockerGirl 11-02-2006 04:25 PM

I just requested it from the library. I will give it a try. I am not much of a reader, but have wanted to read this book since all the uproar about it.

mandalinn82 11-02-2006 04:34 PM

Oooh, can I join? I've already read it, but I'd love to discuss.

Kim_Star060404 11-02-2006 05:00 PM

me Me ME!!

Count me in -- just need to jump over to abebooks.com and find it! Is there going to be a timeframe? If so, what's the reading schedule going to be like, though? If it takes a week to ship, I'll need time to catch up to everyone else??

rockinrobin 11-02-2006 05:10 PM

Great, I've added you guys on. Still gotta work out some details. But I was thinking to have read 100 pages by November 13. This way we could discuss how we like it so far and perhaps where we think it's going. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to pipe in.

Also, I was thinking maybe we could come up with a cute name or something to call ourselves. Any suggestions?

Kim_Star060404 11-02-2006 05:12 PM

Just ordered a used copy in good condition on abebooks.com for $4.80 including shipping! It will be here in 5-14 days, but my experience with them is that it's usually closer to the 5 days!

Working on a name -- brainstorming!

Clydegirl 11-02-2006 06:21 PM

Went to the library had to request it, Don't know how long it will take to come in.

rockinrobin 11-03-2006 07:31 AM

:book2: Good morning fellow bookworms!! Okay so it looks like we've got something going here. Everybody get cracking on getting our first book -
"A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. He should only know how fortunate he is to have great people like us reading his book. Page 109 appears to be the end of a chapter and a section, so let's shoot for that for Monday, November 13.

Anybody come up with a name yet?

And yes, of course there's still time to join us, we'd love to have you.

fiddler 11-03-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Anybody come up with a name yet?
Chicks with Books?

Literary Chicks?

Hooked on Books?

That's all I can think of right now.

Kim_Star060404 11-03-2006 11:17 AM

I like "Literary Chicks"!!

I had a change of plans. The bookseller had to cancel my order (long story, but basically my debit card is in the wrong name and it wasn't approved -- that usually happens when I place orders online!!) Anyways, the little bookstore down the road from my office ACTUALLY had a used copy, so I'll go pick it up tonight. I'm not saving any $$, but at least I'll get to start on it tonight!!

Kim_Star060404 11-05-2006 03:03 AM

Ooooohhh! What about shortening it to "Lit Chicks" -- kinda rolls of the tongue?

rockinrobin 11-05-2006 06:31 AM

Or "Chick Lits"?

Any way I started the book already and I had to stop myself at page 27 so I wouldn't get too far ahead. It's definitely a quick book to get into which is something that I like.:book2: :book2: :book2:

rockinrobin 11-05-2006 07:49 AM

Or what about "Literary Losers"?

beautifulone 11-05-2006 11:12 AM

I would love to join! I'm not sure how feasible this is but I will hang around and if I can do it, maybe I'll pop in if that's ok?