General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

Default Birthday Pity Party

Ok, I may totally be over reacting but I can use some help. Today is my birthday and my husband seemed to have forgotten. He got up and ready for work with nothing said to me. Then he calls to check up on the kids, We talk and talk and still nothing! As he goes to hang up I not so nicely remind him what today was. He says nothing. I tell him who's called and who's e-mailed me wishes and he says, "yea whatever" and hangs up! 10 min later he calls back and tells me I have no right to treating him like crap just because it's my birthday. I was floored and cried most of the morning. All i've wanted to do all day was go and bake myself a cake and have a pity party! Only thing that has stopped me so far is not having frosting! My lunch was ate out of anger and hurt but didn't go overboard like I normally would have, luckily the kids side tracked me. But my question is... what stops you from emotinally eating??

Maybe he is just trying to cover up a surprise or maybe just having a bad but until he gets home and tells me whats going on all that will be on my mind is a darn cake! Help!!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

First of all ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Secondly, how has he handled prior birthdays? If this is atypical of him, I'd totally address it.

The next best thing to emotional eating is .... emotional shopping! Go to the spa, buy yourself a nice jacket, something like that.

I hope your day gets better.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #3  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like you have already given yourself a birthday present this year with the 28 lb. weight loss! WAY TO GO.

Does the hubby need a "gentle" reminder of your birthday every year or is this a first? I think maybe when he called you back, he was mad at himself and feeling guilty for not remembering, but he took it out on you for "calling him on it".

Cake won't help. Then you will feel guilty for eating it, and you'll take it out on him for making you mad in the first place...it's a vicious cycle.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

It's a great day because it's your birthday.... and it's mine too!

I celebrated my birthday with a classroom of 1st graders today... and my friend will come over in a while for dinner etc... then off to church. Tomorrow is my brother in laws so we'll be celebrating then too....

Have a great day!

Reba
Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBAR

Thanks for the birthday wishes girls! This is my 9th birthday with him and he's never acted like this before. I talked to him when he got home and it sounds like he was upset that I pointed out his mistake and followed it by telling him about the ppl who remember who he happens not to like. (i know I was asking for trouble but didn't care) He said I made him feel like a jerk...in my opinion he is for forgetting my big day. He claims he had something special planned for Sat when my family is going to celebrate it. I'll left it at that. I over did dinner a bit and went to bed but I stayed away from that darn cake! 28 pounds is a great birthday gift and that cake would have made all that hard work pointless. Thanks for your help girls!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Ladies!

Trinity, sorry to hear about the spat with your husband. Sometimes it's normal for people to lash out when their mistakes are rubbed in their faces.

Since this is his first time forgetting, I would be easy on him. But let him know that you were hurt and you have every right to feel that way.

In the future, I would remind him about your birthday when it's coming up. Perhaps mark it on a calender that he will see. I'm pretty sure my hubby and I would miss each other's birthday, but we always mention it weeks before it actually arrives.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Dangit, it's your birthday, have some cake. It won't make it all worthless. Eat less, save the cals, and have a small piece.

We're having a triple party tomorrow. My son turned 1 yesterday, my daughter turns 22 tomorrow, and my dad turns 68 Sunday. We have 15 people and 3, 1/4 sized cakes. You think I'm not having a piece? But then, I plan on a light breakfast and maybe some lettuce for lunch. LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy Birthday, sorry to hear that your DH forgot it. Mine forgot mine once a couple yrs. ago. I made him feel so bad that he never forgot it again. He got the hint when his mom called to wish me a Happy Birthday. My feelings were hurt and I pitied myself. I think it's normal to feel that way under the circumstances. I agree with whoever said, go take yourself shopping. You have lost 28 lbs. and probably need something new to wear anyway. Here's hoping you have a great birthday with your family on Saturday.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

My hubby is not a touchy-feely, do anything special for your birthday kind of guy. After 20 years I do still tend to get upset that he is so nonchalant about my birthday and Christmas for me, but expects me to go all out for him. The kids don't even do anything realy special for me but go all out for Dad. I am lucky if they all get together for mine, but I always arrange a get together for them--either we all go out to eat or I fix their favorite meal at home. It does get to me sometimes, but I try to remember that my 19 and 21 year old and I talk almost everyday and hubby is a good financial provider and keeps my car going even though I don't get much emotional support from him.
Closed Thread