General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Dream A Little Dream..

I was reading a post earlier on this forum and it made me think of an old lost love of mine. I'd actually like any input on the subject..

I met a guy a few years ago. We'd talked regularly online before we ever met. (Of course, just general chat..not online dating or anything). Eventaully, we decided to meet after 6 years...
We had amazing chemistry and besides the fact we were both in our late 2's, acted like children together. (All the lovey dovey stuff)!
Anyway, after about 6 months, we became engaged. We moved in together and everything was great! ..For a while. (Yes, we moved WAY too fast!)
His family didn't care for me and mine didn't care for him. (We met online and automatically that was a red flag for ALL of them).
Anyway, I went to visit my family and he up and kicked me out! No warning.. something about "Taking A Break" for a while.
Well, when I got home, after a few weeks of him acting strange. I mailed his ring to him because for him to be cavalier and disregard my feelings the way he did, was just a deal breaker...IT WAS OVER!

After all the pain I went through after that. I still think of him often. I hear through mutual friends that he is happy, but still not in a relationship, but has a date every once in a while.
How long does it usually take to get over a person. I wonder why he hates me so much. I don't feel I did anything wrong, even now.
In some ways, maybe I still love him...but that is a bit far fetched.

What do you guys think about all this?? Wow..now my mind is thinking way too much about this!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think the way he handled it was immature. I would try to focus on your future and not your past.

As far as getting over someone, it depends. If it has been a year and you are still thinking about him, I'd try my best to do something else. Don't talk to mutual friends... Just move on with your life. If the mutual friends are really good friends, then don't ask them or ask them not to mention him.
Closed Thread