General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #1  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Default Cellulite

Arg! I've just discovered I have cellulite I'm sure I've had it for quite awhile, but I haven't been at all interested in looking at my bum and my thighs... but I bought some little lycra shorts for my workout classes the other day and was looking in the mirror and saw little pouches of skin at the top of my thigh. Does this reduce as you lose more weight? I know getting rid of cellulite is akin to having toned inner thighs, so I'm guessing I'm stuck with some form of it for good, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had their cellulite decrease as they lost weight and toned up? I sure hope so!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

If you never had it before you gained weight you will probably lose it as you lose the weight. Me, I had it at 110, it was just worse as I gained weight. Now that I'm back down to about 125 I still have it and I'm sure I always will. (Insert very sad face here)
Old 06-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #3  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

try dry body brushing, I do x2 a week, I dont know if it works, but its recommended.
Im not sure if it reduces as you lose weight.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Interesting WebMD article:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/109/109137.htm
Old 06-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  

Cellulite actually has nothing to do with how much (or little) fat you have. It appears when the fiberous connective tissue begins to weaken. This is often a result of the wear and tear of age, but is also genetically and hormonally controlled (estrogen is thought to be the culprit since fewer men are affect and most girls have at least some cellulite once they've gone through puberty). As the connective tissue becomes stretched and worn pockets of fat push through them causing a dimpled look (think of pushing shortening through a tennis raquet). You can be very thin with very little fat and still have cellulite, or you can be very overweight and have none at all.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #6  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the info, guys!
Closed Thread