General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default What you don't want to hear from your boss--

"Don't worry, you should have at least 1 year to find another job after I leave."
My boss is accepting another job in another state and I have to get my crap in order to look for another job. It's such a hassle. He plans on leaving at the end of the summer.

But on the positive side I'm fretting and carrying on but not eating everything in sight. And this morning I was tossing and turning and getting all frustrated about this and got up to go to the gym to work out the frustrations instead of eating. Yeah for me, sort of.

Keep my in your thoughts and prayers please. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks
Sarah
Old 04-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I'm so sorry to hear this!! What a stressful time in your life!

But Congrats to you for going to the gym rather than the fridge
Old 04-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Sarah, I'm sorry about your job, but congratulations on not letting your emotions affect what you eat!!
Hugs and prayers...
Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #4  

It's still freaky because so much of your self image is based on what your job is. (or is it just me? am I strange?)

At least I have several months notice. Not like the last time I lost my job- That company went bankrupt and forgot to tell anyone that they didn't have money to make payroll. We all had direct deposit and didn't realize it for a day or so. And they didn't bother to make an annoucement about it so we were left wondering what happened.

Sarah
Old 04-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I'm confused...what does your boss leaving have to do with you having to get another job? Is the business closing or something?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #6  

It's complicated, when a principle investigator is hired, he is given a budget to fund his lab-equipment, people and supplies. Once he leaves, his lab is up for grabs. If someone else wants the lab and the people and is wanting to continue the same type of research and has money in their budget to fund the research then we're ok.

The entire facilitiy's budget is being cut this year and with one investigator and his lab gone they won't have to figure out where to cut this year.

I'm looking around to find a place to squeeze into. Fortunately I've been very helpful in my years here and people know me and my abilities.

Sarah
Old 05-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/289/160

Hi Sara, I'm pretty new here..so, let me introduce myself...I'm Christina and I live in Michigan. Just outside of Detroit, which means the "Auto Capital of the World". Well, let me tell you - it isn't. I found out that I had 30 days to look for a job...yeah right! With the job market out there and no degree, that's impossible. Anyway, I just want you to know that you did great by not going to the fridge..like I did. I know what you are feeling..your job is everything...like even a family sometimes. I wish you all the luck in the world and you'll get though it!! We're here for you if you need us 24/7!!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #8  

Well... ...I have to confess that I've not been making wise food choices the last few days. I've finally come up from the food haze to realize that I've been stress eating the last 3 days. Dang and I was doing so good before that. I've pretty much polished of 3/4 pound of honey sesame cashews, 2 chocolate bars, a can of spray whipped cream (I convinced myself I bought it for a treat for the kitty-kitty, he likes it and comes running when he hears the spray can) and too much chinese dim sum yesterday.

I am still exercising which doesn't counter the amount of calories I've taken in but I've come up for air and today's lunch is much healthier with lots of veggies. Maybe that will counter the 1/2 candy bar I had for breakfast.

On a plus side, previously to changing my eating habits I would have eaten much more and polished off the entire pound of cashews in one sitting plus the candy bars and what ever else I found around the house in one afternoon. This time it took days. Baby steps, baby steps.

Sarah
Closed Thread