General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default Nascar Fans???/

Are there any Nascar fans out there? I have been into Nascar since 1988, and I have been a Jeff Gordon fan for 11 yrs.. prior to that Ernie Irvin, with Jeff at that time my secondary driver, but after Ernies Michigan wreck I went to Jeff Gordon and have always been, I have only been to ONE Race in 2001, the Yr the Dale SR. passed, I went to Atlanta.. AWESOME< but I am going to the Coca Cola 600 this yr at Lowes Motor Speedway, Just looken for some people to chat about Nascar with,,
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Okay Okay,, you dont have to be a Gordon fan to chat about nascar,, any fans will do.. just no bashing, on any driver
Old 04-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey Crock ~ do ya think you should change the name of your thread to: WWF NASCAR GUYS AND THEIR GALS? Always rootin' for Mark Martin here.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Lol
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi MsCrocket. Yes, I'm a Nascar fan and so is my hubby. I don't really have a driver anymore that I root for exclusively. I used to like Sterling Marlin, and I still like him but he's so not competitive anymore. I like Jamie McMurray. Hubby's favorite is Jeff Gordon. There are probably a lot more drivers I DON'T like than any I actually like, but that's half the fun of Nascar, isn't it?

At the risk of being controversial, I have to say I'm less than impressed by the powers that be in the Nascar world. Too many rules, too many "convenient" yellow flags (did you notice Daryl Waltrip said as much in not so many words yesterday?), almost like it's being orchestrated. I'm not so much a conspiracy theorist to really go that far, but I do think it's been watered down in recent years.

I absolutely HATE that "Lucky Dog" rule. Used to be you could race for the line when the yellow flag dropped. Now just one guy gets to make up a lap, no matter how many guys are actually close to the line or no matter how far away that one guy is from actually earning that lap back. I know Nascar is all about safety, but that's going a little too far and taking the competition out of it.

There are many more rules that are irritating, but my post is probably long enough. I do like the sport, don't get me wrong, but I don't like the recent trends in management.

Cindy B.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #6  

I've been a Nascar fan for a long time. I root for Dale Jarrett!! I've been fortunate to have been to several races in person. It's so awesome!!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #7  

Tony Stewart fan here....no comments about the Bush race on Saturday. That man did a very, very stupid thing and paid a huge price..he is darn lucky to be alive and to have raced on Monday....
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

The Tallegdaga race was a killer on my nerves... Man the drafting there, and Jeff had such an awesome car.. but in the end the smarter one paid off. I was okay with it as Hendrick Motors won.. Then Elliot Sadler, he had the strongest car,, Bad luck on jr. and the engine,, really enjoyed the race...
Old 05-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I watch NASCAR a little, but I don't really know enough about it to be into it. If anyone is willing to share some info I would apreciate it. when I do watch I look for Dale jarrett, but that is only because of his sponsor.
Closed Thread