General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default My baby's sick :(

She has been vomitting since last night and today she has a fever. I'm keeping her from pre-school and she's laying in my bad with dry toast and my poor baby. So, I won't be on much today.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  
Determined

Poor thing! Push that pedialyte, and hope she feels better. Hope you don't get it too!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Awwww so sorry your baby is sick. I am saying a prayer for her, and you too
Old 04-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170?/130/130

Height: 5'2"

OH I am so sorry give her lots of love and tlc! and a great big ol' kiss from all of us here! I hate it when my kids get sick feel so helpless. and then they look at you with those help eyes!! I will also say a prayer for your baby! hope tomorrow is better.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  

I just got a call from my childcare provider. I had to leave work early to pick her up cuz she's got a high fever again....I sure hope she gets better.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh no! Take good care of her... I am sure you will! This must be hard for you as a parent having your baby sick!!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #7  

Default My baby's sick ~ UPDATED

I might have to take her to ER tonight. She has severe dehydration and hasn't been keeping anything down...not even ginger ale. She hasn't peed in 2 days. She sort of did #2 but it was more of a *wet fart* (sorry if it's too graphic). So, I have to keep an eye on her for the next few hours and if she STILL doesn't go pee, then I have to take her in.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #8  
Determined

Hi Shawna - If she literally has had no urine out put in the last two days I would not wait. She needs to go up to the hospital. I know you posted this last night so I hope you already took her or she started tolerating fluids. Let us know how it's going.....
Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #9  

shawna i hope your baby is getting better...
i'm sending you my best good vibes!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #10  
210 / 193 / 140

Shawna, as dehydrated as she already is, I don't think you should wait. Please take her to the doctor right now.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #11  

Ya..I took her in. I didn't like the fact that the doctor told me to wait. So at ER they checked her over and said she was fine Actually, he said she has a virus and it will *run its course* Told me to take her home and keep offering liquids. If, after 48-72 hours her symptoms haven't changed then I am to take her in again. I think not. Her pediatrician's office opens bright and early tomorrow and I'm taking her to HIM and see what he thinks.

On a side note...she HAS kept some fluids down today.
Closed Thread