3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Olean (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/77233-olean.html)

Safiyah_is_Fluffy 02-24-2006 10:50 PM

Olean

There have been alternate stances on Olean throughout the years, some still say it's dangerous, others, harmless...

This poll asks all of our 3fatchicks buddies

Do you feel OLEAN is safe?:devil:

BerkshireGrl 02-24-2006 11:05 PM

I voted in the Devil camp :lol:

Anything that can result in terrible diarrhea and prevent absorption of vitamins, and the beneficial components in fruits and vegetables, is a no-no food additive in MY book...

Criminy! Scary stuff! Even its chemical name, sucrose polyester, gives me goosebumps.

chick_in_the_hat 02-24-2006 11:16 PM

I'm not so sure it's safe - but I do know that you only eat a lot of it once...:o

I'll never eat a whole bag of Ruffles Light again.

I voted that I like it - I don't eat that many chips anymore - but I'd rather eat light ones than regular ones.

TribeFan 02-24-2006 11:20 PM

I try not to eat foods that have a warning label about "possible loose stools". It's just a general rule I live by!

I'd go for baked chips, or some other alternative instead of anything with Olean in it.

stacylambert 02-25-2006 12:06 AM

I like it. I've never had any problems. Also, anything that makes potato chips fat free and only 75 calories is great in my book! ;)

GreatBigMonsterMomma 02-25-2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribeFan
I try not to eat foods that have a warning label about "possible loose stools". It's just a general rule I live by!

I'd go for baked chips, or some other alternative instead of anything with Olean in it.

Yeah, any time the term "anal leakage" comes into play, I'm gonna stay away from it. :lol3:

Honestly, though, I've never had it. But my hubby says it's of the devil.

Safiyah_is_Fluffy 02-26-2006 06:42 PM

HA HA I love all your responses, they are GREAT, I feel your pain on the whole "stool" thing and personally I feel a lil weird when I eat them, I switch between them and baked lays to take with my lunches.....

Glory87 02-26-2006 06:48 PM

My goal is to eat as many whole foods as possible. I avoid processed foods and chemicals. I wouldn't eat products with Olean.

jillybean720 02-27-2006 08:41 AM

I have had chips made with Olean before and didn't have a problem. I think as long as you limit your intake (I only have the single-serving bags), then it's not that bad. Not like "sugar alcohols" in sugar-free candies--those had me running to the bathroom for HOURS :devil:

upswife 02-27-2006 02:09 PM

I only had a single serving bag and it killed me~I will never eat that stuff again!

GreatBigMonsterMomma 02-27-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Not like "sugar alcohols" in sugar-free candies--those had me running to the bathroom for HOURS
I seriously went out and bought some sugar free candy to help stuff along about a week after having my third daughter. :lol:

hoodj0080 02-27-2006 10:31 PM

Blech! I don't touch it. Some guy ate those chips a few years ago and sued because he had "anal leakage" for weeks afterwards. By the way, "Anal Leakage" would be a good band name. Just kidding!!!!

MTHead 02-28-2006 08:35 AM

I only eat the single serving bags, and usually only about once every two months or so when I get Subway or Quiznos and I've not had a problem. I don't eat chips very often, though. Nor do I eat the sugar free chocolates.

TribeFan 03-01-2006 12:54 AM

I've also heard about that sugar free candy- haven't had any in months!