General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #31  

Okay, this wasn't a usual snack but something that my sister and I could sneak out of the house when we went "camping" in the backyard and we didn't think my mom would notice it being gone. We'd take plain white bread and a thermos full of dill pickle juice. In retrospect, I realize that my mom probably DID notice that the jar of pickles no longer had juice and I am sure she suspected it was us. LOL. Why we didn't just ASK for something to put in our backpacks when we explored the neighborhood I have no idea. I guess we just wanted to feel like we were getting away with something. But white bread and pickle juice? We must have liked it, though, because that is what we packed for all of our adventures.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #32  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I liked to take a tortilla, spread butter on it and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on it. I got nostalgic for this tasty snack, so I used a whole wheat tortilla, a thin spread of canola oil margarine, and sprinkled splenda and cinnamon on it. It's good stuff!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #33  
with my mind on my monkey

Talking I had sophisticated taste buds ;)

When I was old enough to use the oven, I'd eat blueberry bagels with barbecue sauce and Swiss cheese melted under the broiler. It was sweet, salty deliciousness... and doesn't sound appealing as an adult!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Count me in as another who ate ketchup sandwiches, among other things. Some of our favs were:

Ketchup sandwiches
Banana and mayonnaise sandwiches
Peanut butter and bologna sandwiches (still a favorite today!)
Fried bologna sandwiches
Oatmeal (dry) in a cup sprinkled with sugar
bread spread with butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and baked in the oven
Mashed potato sandwich
Hash brown sandwich (still a fav today)
All washed down with kool-aid or iced tea! Mmmmmmm
I do like to eat corn straight from the can. My kids & hubby think I am weird but it is sooooo good before it is cooked. Actually, it is already cooked, you're just warming it up.
That's all I can think of now but my brother would eat sugar sandwiches! ICK! The funny thing...my youngest son does that! He will also pour seasoned salt in his hand and eat it. My DD when younger...I would always catch her with her finger in the butter. She would stick her finger in and pull out a BIG chunk of butter and eat it! GROSS!!!
Some of this stuff is making me want to gag! I tried a banana sandwich a few years ago and thought "What was I thinking as a child!"
Old 02-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh definitely Erin... for me it is STILL Miracle Whip or nothing... but now I use the Miracle Whip Free. I mix it with fresh salsa (from Trader Joe's) for salad dressing.

And Lucky... I used to drink ALL the dill pickle juice and still love it... although now most of the time I restrain myself to just a little sip now and then!

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 12:21 PM   #36  

Cristi

Actually I still eat banana sandwiches for breakfast quite a bit... but I use dark bread toasted, all natural peanut butter (and limit the amount of course) with Smucker's all natural fruit spread, and a sliced banana. I take the ingredients to work and fix it for breakfast quite often!! Fits right in with my healthy eating plan too!

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #37  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Hungrymonkey, what yousaid reminded me of something. Atleast you waited until you were old enough to use a toaster. When I was six, I put peanut butter on bread and stuck it in the toaster to make peanut butter toast. My mom was soooooo ticked!!!!!
Another childhood weakness? cream cheese on rye bread with green olives...damn, I want one now!!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz321
2. Processed cheese and jam on toasted bread. Actually tastes pretty good....but I never remember to make it

Liz
I used to LOVE that!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodj0080
Another childhood weakness? cream cheese on rye bread with green olives...damn, I want one now!!
LOL that's the problem with this type of threads!!! But we WON'T do it... will we?????

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #40  

OK, Mine was garlic bread baked in the oven with BBQ sauce on it. I also liked (and still do but I don't do it anymore)-BBQ potato chips in a hot dog bun with cheese and miracle whip (no mayo sub here either)! My husband LOVES (still) his peanut butter, pickle and cheese sandwiches. It was his favorite and he gets nostalgic about once a month for another one. EW!

Amber

Amber
Old 02-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #41  

Peanut butter, pickle and cheese sounds good! If I wasn't being good I would try it! But not a chance!!

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #42  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less of Lena
Butter snadwiches??? Oh, my goodness, that made me remember another "wierd childhood snack" of mine. Mayonaise sandwiches! Had to be Hellman's on white bread (Miracle Whip just wouldn't do). And it had to be a folded-over sandwich (or 3), not a cut-in-half sandwich.
Mayo sandwiches and cold baked beans... wow... memories!
I too did the mayo sandwiches but I put dill pickles and chips on mine!!
Old 02-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #43  

Oh another thing... is my grilled cheese sandwhiches must be dipped into large amounts of ketchup! Lol still love it to this day!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Another favorite of mine was to get a glass bottle of Coke and pour in a bag of salted peanuts. I don't know if that's just a Southern thing, but everyone at home still does it.

My youngest sister used to get in trouble for eating butter straight out of the tub. I always thought that was pretty gross.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #45  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I used to eat raw bacon when I was a kid - the meat part not the fat, until my mother caught me doing it and freaked. Weird thing is my grandmother used to eat raw bacon too - and she died when I was 3 and lived in another country so there is no way I would have know that - freaky!

I used to love Kraft dinner with cut up hotdogs and smothered in ketchup - now I don't like any of those foods.
Closed Thread