General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #16  

I still have to have just one or two bites of whatever canned food I'm eating right out of the can...especially canned corn and chicken noodle soup....I also have this weird thing about eating a bite of those fully cooked chicken nuggets/tenders straight from the freezer...like a chicken popsicle.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #17  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I knew wasn’t the only one into ketchup sandwiches! Mine were on folded over Roman Meal bread. My mom used to buy fresh baked wheat bread in bulk from a local co-op that came all stuck together in row of four loaves, kind of like hot dog buns. My older brother and I would wait till mom was out of the house and tear into one of those and eat out the soft inside leaving the crust shell. God that was good. No wonder I’m such a carbaholic.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #18  
mom2cole

Oh, I remember another good one! Uncooked ramen noodles straight out of the package with the seasoning sprinkled on them. Mmmmm!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:15 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cole
Oh, I remember another good one! Uncooked ramen noodles straight out of the package with the seasoning sprinkled on them. Mmmmm!!!
My DD used to eat those. She still does occasionally...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #20  
On my way!

When I was little I would get two pieces of bread, put mayo on one and butter on the other smush them together and eat. Makes me sick to think about it now
Old 02-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Growing up in the 60's, my brothers always had the ketchep sandwiches ~ i didn't care for them.

My uncle used to make grape jelly and cheese sandwiches ~ ever hear of that one?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

OH YEAH. When I was little, I could not get enough ketchup sandwiches. Just 2 slices of bread and ketchup between them. And then I was embarrassed for a long time... but maybe I craved them for something in which my diet was lacking? Who knows, but it was certianly odd!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Since you are all mentionning ketchup sandwiches... my g/f's DD eats mustard sandwiches...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #24  

Oh my....my favorite was a mayo and potato chip sandwich, and this grew into my adult life as well...and I also passed this on to my 2 children...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

My child hood g/f used to add vinegar to her salt and vinegar chips!!

I love this thread it's bringing back great memories...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #26  

Height: 5'8.5"

My childhood favorites were:

Mustard and dill pickle sandwiches (I got upset because my mother would not let me take them in my school lunch)
Butter and sugar on white bread (Yikes!)
Mustard by itself. (My Mom bought mustard in gallon jars and my brother and I would drink squeeze bottles full of it when she was gone! I still love the stuff but can't do that any more for the sake of my stomach!)
Tomatoes straight out of the garden (we kept a salt shaker there)

We ate ketchup sandwiches too at times.

Dance
Old 02-25-2006, 04:06 AM   #27  
resident lactivist

Quote:
I can't even believe I am going to tell anyone this but my sister and I used to take uncooked noodles and dip them in peanut butter.
I used to take peanutbutter, spread it on bread, and put little pieces of uncooked spaghetti noodles in it before toasting it in the toaster oven.

Quote:
I used to take white bread, smear it with butter and cover it in sugar and eat it as a sandwich.
I would do this too, only with margarine on wheat bread.

Another thing we used to do was pour a ton of salt on white bread, then tear it up and roll it into these hard little balls. Honestly, it makes my mouth water just to think about it. (My Russian teacher told of a welcoming thing she ran into in Russia where they'd bring out a loaf of bread and a dish of salt, and you would tear off a piece of bread and dip it in the salt to eat it, so apparently it's the nonexistent Eastern European in me coming out. )
Old 02-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #28  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL we used to rolll up the bread balls but I have never heard of putting salt on them.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I was also a mayo sandwich girl, but for me it was Miracle Whip or nothing! I also was fond of fried bologna sandwiches (on white bread with lots of mayo, of course). My two sisters and I would also eat an entire block of cheese at one time as a snack.

As you can see, snacks in my family were like actual meals in other houses!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #30  

This thread is fun but ruining my appetite

1. Grilled cheese sandwich dipped in cold choc milk......the thought of it makes me gag now.

2. Processed cheese and jam on toasted bread. Actually tastes pretty good....but I never remember to make it

Liz
Closed Thread