General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 AM   #31  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

well what ever ya'll. i will do what i want to myself and so will everyone else in the world,all i can say is get informed completely before judgeing anything.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl
For Kykaree: You may want to read this site:
http://www.keratosispilaris.org/showthread.php?t=2784

A woman writes on it about how she added some supplements to her diet and completely cleared up her keratosis pillaris

That was really interesting. I wonder though now whether it's the tanning that has solved my keratosis pillaris (I only did it for a couple of days back in October in Turkey - no sun to speak of in England ) or my diet. I eat a basically healthy, low processed, low sugar diet now, and have done for a year.

So we will never know. It's quite amazing, as I have had keratosis pillaris since I was a baby, and for the first time in my life, it's gone. Like the lady in that post, I do have some residual pinkness, but it isn't bad, and covered up with a light tanning lotion, you can't see it at all.

I'm sure there might be ways to tan safely, afterall not everyone gets skin cancer. But I have such a strong family history, that I never knowingly take the risk. In Turkey I wore a high SPF all the time, but just happened to tan!!!

Most famous Australians (I'm an Aussie) are pale, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Naomi Watts. Tanning has really fallen out of favour there.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #33  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Wink To tan or not to tan, that is the question...

I didn't mean to jump on some pro-tanning toes... sorry if I put anyone off.

I admit I am biased after watching my poor dad get his nose gouged like he was a spotty potato.

Sure, I think some people can tan, even a lot, and luck out in the cancer lotto, like my grandmother.

Me, I don't think I'd be one of the lucky ones. I already have new moles I didn't 10 years ago, and I was born with no moles in the first place. Dermatologists have a fun time looking me over and telling me I'm a high risk for burning and therefore cancer.

Thankfully, my ghostly skin goes well with my red hair but I do envy the tan of the species and their golden glow. Guess mine would come out of a bottle too (heh, like my hair!)

It's a whimsical world... and we can all certainly make our own free choices from whether or not to tan, to smoking, rock-climbing, or streaking
Old 02-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #34  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I know it's not good for me but I feel so much better about my body when I tan. It helps cover SOME of the disgusting stretch marks on my body I just wish I had my own bed so I didn't have to pay someone fourty bucks a month...that money could be making bed payments!!

Lacey
Old 02-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #35  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

i do have my own bed,but its a base tan bed so i go to a salon to achieve the the darker deeper tan.and i yes i love the golden tan,makes me feel soo much better in the winter when there is no sun to help make the moods better.and in my opinion for me anyway, tanned fat looks better then white fat,just the fat on me anyway.
Closed Thread