General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #16  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Ughhhh....gauchos...

I am a tall(ish) slim(ish) woman and those kind of pants still would make my rear end look HUGE. I have seem very few people carry them off successfully. I am waiting impatiently for this trend to be over...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:21 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderchick
I think capris are tapered, and gauchos are wide-legged (and quite ugly, in my opinion, especially on me). Ewww.
Yeah, but I was actually referring to clam diggers(or petal pushers) being called capris. They are not capris...they are clam diggers or petal pushers. It just seems that anytime there was a "short pant" it was a capri and it would just floor me everytime I saw it. See here...
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/19...hion-pants.htm

Are culottes (a short gaucho) coming back too?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayatatime
Yeah, but I was actually referring to clam diggers(or petal pushers) being called capris. They are not capris...they are clam diggers or petal pushers. It just seems that anytime there was a "short pant" it was a capri and it would just floor me everytime I saw it. See here...
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/19...hion-pants.htm

Are culottes (a short gaucho) coming back too?
I don't know about the clothing styles, but I got wrapped up in looking at the PRICES! LOL
Old 02-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #19  

No to gauchos! *LOL*
Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #20  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I can't believe they're back in. My hips are way too big to even think about wearing them. I saw a very skinny girl in a store wearing them and she looked really cute. They're definitely not for me though!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

I actually LOVE them! Love they way they look with boots. Unfortunately, with my figure...ICK! They would look horrible on me so all I can do is admire them in the catalogs. I actually haven't seen anyone wear them except on t.v. which seems odd.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #22  

not to be vulgar, but i'm surprised no one mentioned the camel toe factor that goes with the knit ones.! if you think visible thongs are bad with low rise pants, camel toe with knit gauchos are ten times worse.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #23  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I can't do the gauchos I don't look good in them.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #24  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I used to wear them all the time with my boots........but that was a LONG time ago!! To me, its a trend that came and went, and should have stayed went!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #25  

Oh how embarrassing. I have never heard of gauchos! But browsing the picture that Suzanne posted all I can say is thanks very much.

The GAP short trousers I bought for the gym can only described as.........gauchos!!!! I've been wearing them for months now and I love them. I always suspected I was deeply uncool, now here's the evidence.

Sigh, where are Queer Eye for the Straight Gal when you need em??? Or perhaps Trinny and Susannah will rescure me????
Old 02-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #26  
Fat-be-gone

I love gauchos. Especially the soft cotton ones. Forget the flattering part, they are oh-so comfortable. I think I'm going to pick up a pair in every color. Never mind the fact that they only look really good on the slim ones, Comfort is #1 in my book. Who really cares what other people think??!!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #27  
Marathon Goddess

Well I love them, I have a nice black pair, I wear the with my high healed black boots, just love them, and for me thats all that matters, as long as I feel good, I know I look good! :-) But with all fashion to each their own!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #28  

I actually have a pair and I love them...I bought them at JC Penney's. They are a stretchy cotton material with a metallic belt/tie. I wear them with a layered looking T and knee high boots. I am 5'7" and I need to lose 25#-but I do get compliments when I wear this outfit.

I wear capris all summer...I love them too!
Closed Thread