Can you ship chocolate?

• Hi - I would like to send a thank you gift to a relative whose favorite thing is dark chocolate - does anyone know who makes the best and if it can be shipped?

Thanks for any ideas!
  • I really like Green & Black's. It is organic and fair trade, not to mention really good chocolate. During the winter it should be OK to ship, depending on where it is going. This site has a special pack you can send it in (hopefully this link will come through) http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_greenblack.html
  • Hershey's has a gift catalog which includes giant chocolate cards that you can personalize. Not to mention loads of other things. You can also order from their website and they will personalize, wrap, and ship directly for you.
  • Get thee to Chocosphere.com! But only if you want to ruin yourself for ordinary chocolates. My favorite brand carried there is Bonnat. They're a french company that sells the most amazing single bean dark chocolates.

Chocolate can be shipped, although during the summer months you need to send it priority with special packing to avoid melting.
  • Bernard Calebeau is for fainting and dying!
  • Thanks so much for all the tips!! If you were mailing chocolate to Florida right now - temps ranging from 40s to 70s, would you do express mail with the cool packing or do you think it matters? I don't want it to get there all melted!
  • My favorite chocolate out of any other chocolate I've ever had is See's Candy. (sees.com) They started here in CA but can ship anywhere. They have the most delicious dark chocoalte truffles! I got my east coast coworkers addicted a few years ago.