General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Anyone tried Bare essentials makeup?

I love the way it looks on the ads, but I havent been able to find any customer ratings and reviews on the product, that arent absolutely fabulous. There has to be one or two that arent happy, I just want an honest evaluation.

Pros and cons of the stuff

Anyone?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  
Princess Heather

Robin,

I use Bare Esscentuals all the time! I love it! I am a huge QVC fan and get my BE mostly from there! I love the coverage and the way the make up stays on. I do wish the foundation was a bit heavier but it always looks nice and natural. It's fast and easy to apply and really a great product!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #3  

I just got it in the mail yesterday!

I have a very red face (I am thinking rosea sp?) I am going to see a dematologist soon...anyway, it does help a little. The best part is it is very light on the face, it doesn't feel caked on. and it looks natural.

So I will defiently wear it everyday. I am always embarrassed when I go out becasue of my face, now I will feel better going out.

(P.S. i think this is my first post, it is just a coinsidence that it's to praise a product!)

~Marisa
Old 01-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #4  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Ive seen the ads and was wondering about it.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #5  

Love it. Have you found this website?http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...ntuals%2Fstart
Old 01-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #6  
On my way!

It's all that I use. I started using it about a 2 years ago...and fell in love. It's coverage is awesome and I don't feel like I'm wearing any makeup.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I use it - when I first bought it it took me a few weeks to get use to but I love it now. I was a big Mac girl and was using it as a touch up powder at first. I ran out one day of my Mac makeup and figure I should give it a good try. I did not like it at first since my skin was dry and was lazy about lotions lol. I started to use it with lotion on my face and now prefer it over my mac foudation.

My face has clear up some and if I leave it on at night ny nose seems to not be oily....

Over all I love the whole line they have, and not a big lipstick person but their's is my favorite. I buy mine on QVC too but if your not sure you should try ebay. Some of the seller will sell smaller tester sizes and you can buy them there to try out first.

=)
Old 01-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #8  

I buy mine from colorfulsprinkles.com $3.75 for sample size. (1/4/ tsp) seems like so little when you get it but it goes a long way. I love it. Liquid foundation always looked so awful on me and compact powders made my skin look dry.

BE covers awesome and looks more natural then anything else I've tried.

I first found out about it a few weeks ago and soo glad I did. was told to go to the very same delphi forum posted above in weightogo's link... those girls over there are VERY SERIOUS about their make-up.. there are lots of before and afters to look at and see how well it looks in the threads.

stephanie
Old 01-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thanks so much for your replies!!! I really appreciate it.

What I would like to know is how long it lasts during the day. Do you have to retouch, or would I be good to go for an 8hr day at work?
Old 01-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the info! I have been wondering about this stuff for awhile. I have ordered a few samples and will see how it goes.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  
Movin on down the scale

I have also been wondering about it, I will have to try it.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #12  
it's always something

I wish I'd had better luck like the rest of you. I tried it and didn't care for it. I ordered the palest shade they make, but it still wasn't light enough for me. I'm very pale. I also thought it was difficult to apply to get the right coverage. I tinkered with it a few times, but was never happy with it.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #13  

I have some of this makeup. I don't wear makeup often, as I sweat too much, but I'm hoping once I lose more weight, that'll decrease and I can start wearing makeup more often again. Anyway, I like the makeup, it's not as dramatically amazing as the commercial makes it sound, of course, but it's good nonetheless. I like Sheer Cover (another mineral makeup) a lot better, though...theirs has less mica and so I don't have a weird sheen that Bare Escentuals can provide, and which, on me, makes my face look oily. I would do like others have said, buy some on ebay and see what you think. I did that and am glad I did, as I spent a lot less than I could have and was able to try a few different types.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I just got hooked on Aromaleigh, they're another brand of pure mineral make up. I'm loving how much coverage you can get without even being able to feel it on your face. Aromaleigh offers little samples of all their colors which is a nice cheap way to see if you like it and find the correct shade.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I've been using BE for about 5 years now. I LOVE it!!! I threw all my liquid makeup in the trash and would NEVER go back! I buy it on Ebay.
Closed Thread