General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #16  

I know exactly how you feel liz321....I hate the cleaning and the alone time. So you solved the problem by working outside the home? I don't think my husband could handle what you said to yours about staying home and running the household. He thinks it would be all fun and games, but in reality it is a very hard job. If only we could switch places with them and then they would know what it is like....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #17  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I'm not too bothered that there's hair balls collecting on my hardwood floor and that I haven't "windexed" the mirror since I bought it! Life's too short! Live young, free, and messy! That's my motto!!!
You are not alone, oh free and messy one
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #18  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up 2frustrated

I think we have the same philosophy on housecleaning - life is too short and in the big picture, you can't even see those hairballs!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #19  

I with ya! Mine are 12, 10, and almost 5. I figured out LONG ago that I could keep the house clean and go crazy OR I could enjoy my children while I had them. My 12 year old is starting to show me why that was an important realization on my part - mom just isn't cool anymore. You don't have them til they're 18, not even close.

The house will wait ladies, you're children won't.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:22 AM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Years ago, my secret was the same as Venus. Nowadays...with a husband (who BTW refuses to throw anything away) and an infant, it's basically turn on the water hose and hoser down.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #21  

my number one thing is to have list and everyone has to abide by it. number 2
I refuse to own anything that I simply do not love. So I don't have lots and lots of stuff and #3 always put things back when you finish. this has helped me throught the years I wish you well
Old 01-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #22  

Liz, thank you so much for this post! As a result of all the feedback from people, I worked out a schedule of chores for our familly! My son has taken over taking out the garbage and dusting in addition to tidying the basement and making his bed! My husband and I are sharing the other chores on an alternating day basis!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #23  

I agree..........the posts have been inspiring and helped put things in perspective!

Liz
Old 01-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #24  

I'm in one accord with some of the other ladies advice, set chores for different days, this way you don't get too stressed out over it, I used to think everything had to be done in one day, well, as you might guess I stayed stressed, and very tired...So now I just do a couple of chores per day, and by the end of the week, it all looks pretty good. I like my house clean and organized, and that is kinda hard to do with 3 children, and one of those children being my 39 year old husband, but it also works to have everyone do some kind of chore....after all I'm not the only one living here....
Closed Thread