General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #1  

Default Anyone out there have no interest in sex?

Hi
I have been what I consider quite overweight for about 3 years. The last few months I have had a very mild interest in sex. Very occasionally it occurs and even then I do not really enjoy it. I guess I have endo which makes me feel a bit ill but I do not feel attractive. I am actually totally grossed out by my body and my partner is really not understanding. He thinks its him, but its me. Anyone else lost their sex drive and feel guilty for it?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
LLV

My sex drive has been gone for some time now.

You're not alone.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #3  

Add me to the list but I know why mine has gone. DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years now so we're basically just burned out. I was hoping taking a break from ttc might help bring that drive back up but it's been two months and no such luck.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #4  

ME TOO!!! It's causing a lot of problems with me and my fiancee. I thought once I lost some weight, my sex drive would come back, but its not. Every once in awhile when I've lost some weight and I'm feeling really good it comes back... but it doesn't last long! It makes me feel gross sometimes.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #5  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Girl, I am right there with you!!! I just don't feel sexy anymore!!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #6  
LLV

See, you're not alone

Sex is more of a chore for me now, something I just want to get overwith and be done with, rather than something enjoyable.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #7  

Maybe low testosterone levels is the culprit? It is essential for a woman's libido and is affected by age and bodyfat levels. If so it is a simple fix, and should help with weightloss.

I am kind of hoping my levels of free testosterone will increase naturally as I drop weight.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well since I started Celexa some weeks ago it totally flew out the window and shows no signs of coming back!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #9  

Same here. I didn't have a large sex drive before I lost the weight, but now it's nonexistant. I think mine has more to do with my messed up cycle; think premature menopause (or something like it) due to exteme fat loss shock to the body. I don't know if it will ever come back, but frankly, it doesn't bother me all that much.

Beverly
Old 12-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #10  

My husband has no sexual interest in me, and I find that understandable. But my sex drive? Full steam ahead, as it has always been. I almost wish there was a way could close it down!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

When I was heavier, I didn't have much sex drive, but now that I've lost most of the weight I'd like to lose, I'm rarin' to go. Well, frankly, menopause is upon me so some days are better than others. My DH, who never had a problem with my weight, definitely likes this aspect of weight loss a whole lot.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've never had any sex drive, not when I was obese, and not now I'm (nearly) a normal weight. What's more, I don't particularly want one, it's not something I miss and it's not something where I wish I could have a sex drive. I don't, and it's not just me.

I've done a fair bit of looking into asexuality, it seems that there are some people who just don't have sexual desires, or have a very low sex drive, whereas others go through temporary periods where it drops. For me it seems to be pretty permanent, it's never been there, and it doesn't show any signs of appearing any time soon.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #13  

I find the timing of this post, funny. No offense to anyone, truly.
I've never had a sex drive ever in my entire life. No one dares to say if it was hormonal or just my Mormon background lol...okay bad bad joke.
Anyway, I never had a sex drive, then I became pregnant (mind you, I'm single) *Everyone close their eyes*
I was a walking orgasm for the first 2 months. Then it was better (but still there.) Then came the baby. It went away. I had milk from breastfeeding. I just tried up when the baby was 6 months old (long story.) Now my drive is back..in a normal "when I O" pattern. I am floored and can't believe it. I'm telling you I should have been a nun. So my guess is it's all hormonal. If you have no drive you might want to get checked out by your gyn.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #14  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I know that as I gained weight and until I started to feel sexy again I had a very low sex drive. I had a fairly high drive before gaining 40 pounds and now it's pretty much back full force. Since I had a pretty high drive before though, I guess it's pretty normal that it came back. But I can tell you for sure that the more weight I gained, the less I was interested in sex!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #15  

Well, I am glad I am not alone. Are your hubbys concerned about it? I could quite happily abstain for a long time as I see it as a chore also. Problem is, my partner has a huge drive and I have to tell him straight 2-3 times a day to "step off". This in turn makes me feel guilty as he thinks I do not love him anymore. This is not true, i do.
Sigh...
thanks for sharing
Closed Thread