Quick Question

• Okay, I don't have my period right now - about midcycle - but yesterday I started bleeding after I exercised. Now I looked online to see if I should be concerned, and I saw that it's probably just left-over blood from my period that didn't come out, and that sometimes this happens even when you don't exercise. It only happened yesterday, and it was a few drops and it stopped.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Does what I found online sound accurate?

And by the way, I did have a pap smear about a month ago, and everything was normal.
  • Are you on the pill or patch? Some cause mid-cycle spotting. Talk to your gyn. about it. Probably the dosage isn't right for you. If you aren't- talk to your doc anyway. If you are 40'ish, it's unfortunately kind of normal unless you have an abnormal pap. Make sense?

Mel
  • i'm 20, not on the pill...and i'm not sexually active either
  • I'd be inclined to visit you doctor, I think anything that isn't normal for you, that's happened for the first time, should be discussed with your doctor. As you say, it could just be leftovers from your last period, but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. Pap smears only tell a tenth of the story as they are only looking for abnormal cells, and there is the slight possibility something else might be going on.

I had spotting a few years ago and had investigations and they never worked out what it was, though I had had other symptoms with it and the doctor was quite concerned.
  • yeah i'll probably tell my doc. this has happened before...like a year ago, but nothing was found then. sometimes i spot between periods for no reasons...i've gotten tests done and nothing was wrong with me.

but i'll talk to my doctor. thanks for the help everyone