3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   anyone from tennessee here? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/71241-anyone-tennessee-here.html)

charliekay 12-31-2005 06:45 PM

anyone from tennessee here?

hey is there anyone else here in tenneesee?? i would love to get a diet buddy close to home.thanks:hug:

Redbyrd 12-31-2005 08:38 PM

I am!

I'm in Mohawk, Greene County.

Jennifer 3FC 01-02-2006 12:44 AM

Oh we've got lots of Tennessee chicks! ;)

NowOrNever! 01-02-2006 12:41 PM

Now y'all are making me "homesick." I grew up in CA and in my late 30s moved to Knoxville to get my graduate degree at UT. I lived there for 6 years and LOVE the pace of life, the people, the area.....but....I never had asthma until the Tennessee Valley so ended up moving back West (I'm in Washington now). After being gone 6 years I STILL miss it and feel like I left my soul back in East TN :(

cinnamonspice 01-03-2006 03:21 PM

What part of TN? I'm in VA, about and hour and a half from Bristol. :)

JuliaTN 01-03-2006 05:20 PM

I'm in Chattanooga

carafre 01-03-2006 09:40 PM

Aww - Memphis here!! I am looking for a diet buddy close, too!!!!

carafre

Nightingal 01-03-2006 11:42 PM

I'm from Tennessee

I'm in west Tn. I've been going to the LAWL, over in Jackson.I've been doing the program, little over a yr now.:carrot: Ihave about 20 more pounds to go:carrot: I'm looking for a buddy also.

Tynerra 01-08-2006 02:48 PM

Hey Tennessee Gals!

I am in Middle Tennessee Hohenwald to be exact! Looking for a buddy also.

Kamily828 01-08-2006 09:36 PM

Im in East TN. Near the KY/VA/TN border.

shaley 01-08-2006 11:38 PM

hey, i'm NOT in tennessee, but... may i ask what the weather is like there???? is it super crazy humid???

just curious. ;)

we are thinking of moving, and trying to decide on where! so, want to see what tennessee is like so we can see if it should be added to our list or not. hee hee...

anyone wanna spill about your state? :D

kindly,
susan

NowOrNever! 01-09-2006 12:10 AM

Susan, I wonder how much your perception of "humidity" might be affected by where you CURRENTLY live :) I moved from California to TN and I found it to be VERY VERY humid. Of course, I didn't really grasp until I was East of the Miss that the Western states are incredibly dry compared to most of the country. I suspect that if you're moving from someplace like, say, Ohio, or Arkansas or even Nebraska, that the contrast wouldn't be as marked as coming from CA, NV, AZ, etc.

I found it funny that my friends in TN were so worried about me moving to that incredibly humid state--Washington! :lol: They just had no idea.

BTW, I was in Knoxville when in TN and different parts of TN will be somewhat different too (like, you would have to PAY me to live in Memphis or any city on the Miss!).

BTW, if you have someone in the family with bad allergies or asthma, you should investigate closely if you consider TN. I ended up with some very serious problems when I lived there--I hadn't realized that the Tenn Valley is one of the worst areas in the US for general "hayfever" type allergies & molds. And honestly, I'm not trying to talk you out of moving there; if it wasn't for my allergies and family situation, I would GREATLY PREFER the people and pace of life in Knoxville over anywhere on the West Coast (CA, OR, WA).

Suzanne 3FC 01-09-2006 12:10 AM

Susan, what part of TN are you considering? Some parts are flatter and drier, while others are around mountains and are milder. It's all beautiful :)

I want to move to Asheville, NC.

carafre 01-09-2006 12:29 AM

I LOVE Asheville, NC. MY husband & his family are from there (and Brevard!). We hope to move back that way in the future. I really miss the mountains... It is very humid here in Memphis. Humid & hot. BLAH!!!

carafre

NowOrNever! 01-09-2006 12:37 AM

But really good BBQ! (oh...maybe not a good thing right now ;) )