General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 PM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default 525, 600 Minutes. How do you measure a year?

Soooooo

My name is Dana, I just got back from seeing the musical RENT!!! SOOOOOOO amazing. And well it got me thinking, I have had one he** of a year. Everyone has problems, some more than others, but its what we chose to focus on that determines our own happiness, or what we miss out on ( just 5 more pounds, then I will...) SO... what do you tend to focus on. How do you measrue a year? What will you decide to measure 2006 by?

This year has been entierly about health for me...2005 was measured by blood tests! next year will be about the number of road trips I will take with friends...and I WILL be driving! I am a scaredy cat to drive on the highway..high time i got some guts!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #2  
Melting Butter

I just started focusing on my health around March.
I started to work towards losing weight in June.

For this coming up year I want to continue to focus on my well-being. Of course I want to focus on that always.

But something specific to this upcoming year is just to do well in school. I can't wait to finish college! I should have been done in May 2005...so I'm really just anxious to get out.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #3  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

For me 2005 was about buckling down and making it to my goal weight (finally). Now that I'm in maintenance mode, 2006 will hopefully be about bringing my living space under control too. Along with that will hopefully come more time for art.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #4  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Super topic Fitgal! Hmm....we might have rung in 2005 in somewhat similar ways (I still hold the record as the only employee hauled out of work in an ambulance)--it was a rough start to the year! (yours sounds much more long term so kudos to your great attitude!)

My avatar is Half Dome (yosemite national park) because there is a killer hike to the top--~16 miles with 5,000 feet of climbing and the last bit is via cables right up the side of the rock (uh, yeah, that would be that big old rock in the picture). 2006 for me is about HEALTH--weight is only one piece of that and I find it easier to think about being fit and healthy--sort of in control of my body--that to think about "dieting" per se. One of my sisters, my niece and I already have reservations in Yosemite for August and we're gonna do the Half Dome hike (8 months and counting!).
Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

2005 was all about health, not just weight but allaround habbits. I too have had a year of blood draws, but hopefuuly that will end soon. 2006 will be about getiing my house in order. we moved in 2 yrs ago and I haven't done hardly any decorating. Painting over my kids artwork on my walls is #1 priority this new year.
Closed Thread